Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,415 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

What Is A VPN? Do You Know You Need VPN For NETFLIX? Check Out - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / What Is A VPN? Do You Know You Need VPN For NETFLIX? Check Out (595 Views)

How To Access Twitter In Nigeria Without A VPN. / Nord Vpn For Sale / Why Do We Need VPN For HULU? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is A VPN? Do You Know You Need VPN For NETFLIX? Check Out by cyberpadi: 6:19pm On Mar 20, 2020
A Virtual Private Network, or VPN, is a piece of software that changes your IP address and encrypts all of your internet traffic.

This improves online privacy, security, and helps users to bypass online censorship imposed by the government, ISPs or any other organization or person blocking websites.

How Does a VPN Work?
Let me tell you a little bit about how the internet works now before we dive into how it works.

At home, you have probably got some router or modem from your telephone company or your internet service provider.

That is connected to your desktop, maybe by an Ethernet cable or to your smartphone and laptop over Wi-Fi.

Inside your house when you do a laptop/PC/Phone talk, that is part of your private network, and that does not go out onto the internet.

But, the moment you open a web page somewhere out on the internet, that data flows through your modem down into your local phone company or ISP and then out across the internet.

It will travel across the internet until it gets to the server. the server will then reply with some information that will come back through the internet into your local telecommunications provider or ISP down through to your modem and then back onto your PC or your Android smartphone.

The modem or your router has probably been assigned an IP address from your ISP so that when your data goes through the internet, it touches every router.

Every server it touches knows that your IP address. It does this not because they are trying to spy on you but because they are trying to collect data about the number of people that clicked into their website.

A VPN protects your privacy by creating a secure “tunnel” across the Internet between you and your Internet destination.

The connection is encrypted, and then when you access something on the Internet, it goes through that tunnel and then it arrived at that other server and then it goes on to the Internet, and it will finally arrive at the webserver or the service.

Why Use A VPN?
I. Protecting your personal information:
II. Unlocking international Netflix (or other streaming services).
III. Online Ads

You could learn a lot about VPN service and how it works for easy and smooth use of the internet. please visit to learn more.

https://cyberpadi.com/what-is-a-vpn-the-comprehensive-guide/

1 Share

Re: What Is A VPN? Do You Know You Need VPN For NETFLIX? Check Out by Snipper007: 6:25pm On Mar 20, 2020
Virtual private network

1 Like

Re: What Is A VPN? Do You Know You Need VPN For NETFLIX? Check Out by ForeThinker: 9:11pm On Mar 20, 2020
The internet of things
Re: What Is A VPN? Do You Know You Need VPN For NETFLIX? Check Out by itamarzixuan: 9:05am On Feb 20, 2021
After reading that A Virtual Private Network, or VPN, is a piece of software that changes your IP address and encrypts all of your internet traffic. I am thinking of visitng 免费翻墙 and buying a vpn.
Re: What Is A VPN? Do You Know You Need VPN For NETFLIX? Check Out by levbigboss: 3:21pm On Jun 06, 2023
Lately I don't have any problems with the delivery of goods. But now I have read a lot of reviews and now there is some excitement about ordering the next products. I really enjoy online shopping, especially I like to buy various online products. My last purchase was a key for a licensed Windows 11. I decided that Instant Key Supply would be a better solution than having to wait for delivery to my city.

(1) (Reply)

Comparing Nigeria Internet With Other Country Internet. Nigeria Is Pure Shitt / Elon Musk Tweet Wipes $14bn Off Tesla's Value / Does It Makes Sense Using Solar During Daytime And Disco Electricity @ Night?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.