Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,171 members, 7,825,658 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Aspiring Footballer Who Lost Interest, Now Totally Confused, Advice Please. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Aspiring Footballer Who Lost Interest, Now Totally Confused, Advice Please. (477 Views)

Susan Ofume Who Lost Her Right Arm Called To Bar, Shares Inspiring Message / Nigerian Mum Who Lost Her Husband Is Now A Bricklayer WorkingTo Feed Her Kids / MSc In UK Versus N183k Job Offer: Advice Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aspiring Footballer Who Lost Interest, Now Totally Confused, Advice Please. by Gonzales4664: 6:42pm On Mar 20, 2020
I'll try to make this short. I can be a good adviser myself but now I feel like I need help, my life is getting complicated. I'm 22yrs old and I've been wanting to play football at a professional level, at a younger age I didn't have that so much interest in football but with time and the opportunity of being able to have a sponsor (a brother) I forced it, yes I championed in my village but when I got exposed in the city I realized that basically I'm just an average footballer on the street who still needed serious efforts, determination and hard work, as an attacker my goal conversion rate are not so exciting, ball touches are good, physical(yes), techniques and calculations(slow), shooting(poor). My problem now is I've been in Lagos for 4-5yrs and apart from physical improvement nothing more, Lagos coaches aren't helping either, in fact from my experience I haven't seen any good coach who really improved an average player except for pure talent, self training is even better to me, now my fear is if I tell my sponsor I'm done with football aspirations, he wouldn't mind dumping me on the street to fend for myself after tagging me a failure (everyone hate failures right), he believed in me and that will break him, I stop at o level, school is not an option cos I obviously don't have money for that, I believe i have good business mind waiting to be developed, I don't believe in God, I'm just hoping on myself for survival and I'm afraid of getting out of the street alone but honestly I rather prefer being homeless than heading back to the village.
I don't know if I should continue forcing football to be sheltered or face the worst days of my life.
Mod pls help
Re: Aspiring Footballer Who Lost Interest, Now Totally Confused, Advice Please. by spartan117(m): 6:53pm On Mar 20, 2020
Belief in Jesus Christ he's your only hope.
Re: Aspiring Footballer Who Lost Interest, Now Totally Confused, Advice Please. by Gonzales4664: 6:55pm On Mar 20, 2020
spartan117:
Belief in Jesus Christ he's your only hope.

Honestly I really can't except I have to fake myself
Re: Aspiring Footballer Who Lost Interest, Now Totally Confused, Advice Please. by spartan117(m): 7:13pm On Mar 20, 2020
Gonzales4664:

Honestly I really can't except I have to fake myself
I understand.
What you need is an encounter with Jesus when you have that encounter you won't have to fake anything.

All you need to do is ask Jesus to reveal himself to you and be sincere. If you do that he'll surely answer you, why? Because he loves you.

And when you feel that inner prompt in your spirit, don't resist but accept him and be saved.

. Hebrews 3:15 While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation

1 Like

Re: Aspiring Footballer Who Lost Interest, Now Totally Confused, Advice Please. by Gonzales4664: 7:16pm On Mar 20, 2020
spartan117:

I understand.
What you need is an encounter with Jesus when you have that encounter you won't have to fake anything.

All you need to do is ask Jesus to reveal himself to you and be sincere. If you do that he'll surely answer you, why? Because he loves you.

And when you feel that inner prompt in your spirit, don't resist but accept him and be saved.

. Hebrews 3:15 While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation
Thanks
Re: Aspiring Footballer Who Lost Interest, Now Totally Confused, Advice Please. by spartan117(m): 7:18pm On Mar 20, 2020
Gonzales4664:

Thanks
Thank God.
Re: Aspiring Footballer Who Lost Interest, Now Totally Confused, Advice Please. by Goodgod213: 9:09pm On Mar 20, 2020
Let me tell you this

I have a friend a brother who is a midfielder in Ikorodu. He goes to a particular big field where Lagos clubs go and train. I never believed in him but he is always forcing me to follow him to carry his boots n see him at the field that’s the time I saw the respect everyone had for him. His nickname was kaka. Him day throw pass and it go reach your leg gan gan. He is always sourcing for clubs outside the country also. Before you can say jackpot ikorodu club picked him up. In one Lagos club tournament, his club took second and they won some money. About 1.5m there was one time he got injured, Omo naso People day always come our House day check up on him like say na Star. I was like wertin day for this guy sef.

He is presently playing for a small club in Cyprus turkey. Football doesn’t pay in Nigeria but you got waka we’ll and well indeed. Look for big field where clubs day train and join sets. Make sure you are always going there every evenings and also go to nearby fields also.

I wish nairaland has Voicenote because I don’t like typing too much. It’s up to you
Re: Aspiring Footballer Who Lost Interest, Now Totally Confused, Advice Please. by OsuGanja(m): 11:39pm On Mar 20, 2020
You came here for just one reason...To hear what people have to say..That thing you expect them to say is what you should follow..You want to follow your heart and do business..Do it..Life is all about risk...You fit play football make you blow and you fit play make you no blow...What you want to do truly is in your mind..Follow up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aspiring Footballer Who Lost Interest, Now Totally Confused, Advice Please. by Gonzales4664: 1:05am On Mar 21, 2020
OsuGanja:
You came here for just one reason...To hear what people have to say..That thing you expect them to say is what you should follow..You want to follow your heart and do business..Do it..Life is all about risk...You fit play football make you blow and you fit play make you no blow...What you want to do truly is in your mind..Follow up
Honestly I'm not raw talent, I want to quit but I'm afraid of the outcome
Re: Aspiring Footballer Who Lost Interest, Now Totally Confused, Advice Please. by OsuGanja(m): 7:50am On Mar 21, 2020
Gonzales4664:

Good morning... Don’t be scared bro... Man up and make a decision
Re: Aspiring Footballer Who Lost Interest, Now Totally Confused, Advice Please. by Goodgod213: 9:29pm On Mar 21, 2020
Gonzales4664:

Then quit and look for something else to do. Obviously football isn’t your way at all. Quit now so you can achieve things early

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

. / Become A Professional Website Designer / Biggest Mistake Or Success for my life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.