Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,026 members, 7,818,029 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

Nigeria's Coronavirus Index Patient Discharged After Testing Negative - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigeria's Coronavirus Index Patient Discharged After Testing Negative (38233 Views)

NCDC: COVID-19 Patients Without Symptoms To Be Discharged After 14 Days / Coronavirus: Three Patients In Kano Flee After Testing Positive — Official / Nigeria's Coronavirus Testing Up By 32% After Jack Ma's Donations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Coronavirus Index Patient Discharged After Testing Negative by NairaMaster1(m): 8:30am On Mar 21, 2020
gambia:
Its a welcome development, please can you tell us the cure

Instead of deporting him back to Italy ravaging COVID-19 they are celebrating him.

Inferiority complex.
Re: Nigeria's Coronavirus Index Patient Discharged After Testing Negative by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:34am On Mar 21, 2020
fulanimafia:

Welcome back comrade.

God bless Nigeria and our darling President.
God bless you too patriot.
May God continue to protect you and your family at this time of the deadly virus.
Amen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Coronavirus Index Patient Discharged After Testing Negative by ityP(m): 8:35am On Mar 21, 2020
Jabioro:
What do called " CURE" ? I think the scientist at times like to give bogus theories..Onece you survive any diseases, illness of any kind and your immune did the needful,with every test shown negative symptoms..you have been cured..the clinical analysis can go back and begin be their sweet packages..

Well, what we're saying is that, IT'S NOT LIKE NIGERIA FOUND A CURE. Many patients have recovered before now. So the Italian in naija isn't a new case.
Re: Nigeria's Coronavirus Index Patient Discharged After Testing Negative by ityP(m): 8:38am On Mar 21, 2020
atobs4real:

Call the Italian and confirm. Still douting. Okay oooo. The virus can withstand our weather. Once sun is around 26 to 28 degree Celsius, the virus will die.

Lmao. Ignorance is bad o. Corona virus is destroyed at temperatures of 60°C upwards, not 26-28°C. No place in the world is even close to 60°C. And please, many people are recovering from corona virus. This Italian man in naija isn't a unique case. Below is the statistic of those that have recovered from the virus.

Re: Nigeria's Coronavirus Index Patient Discharged After Testing Negative by topmost1102(m): 8:39am On Mar 21, 2020
DAYOODS:

They will not tell you the cure . The more reason why they did not show you the identity of the Italian man. But deep inside of me,I know dey use agbo for him.
sharp guy grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Coronavirus Index Patient Discharged After Testing Negative by topmost1102(m): 8:44am On Mar 21, 2020
TourismMan:
So na so them discharge this man without telling us his name, show us his face or anything identity? Why is Nigeria handling issues of COVID19 in obscurity as against what is practiced in other countries of the world? When Canadian prime minister's wife was tested public, the whole world was let to know. When Mikel Arteta tested positive, it wasn't a hideous issue. ?
What do you need his details for?
Re: Nigeria's Coronavirus Index Patient Discharged After Testing Negative by Clinghton: 8:44am On Mar 21, 2020
All these people testing positive and negative what's actually your problem?
Re: Nigeria's Coronavirus Index Patient Discharged After Testing Negative by naijapower(m): 8:45am On Mar 21, 2020
The index patient consented to donating one unit of white blood (plasma) before he was discharged today. The blood plasma is rich in antibody proteins that target #COVID19 virus.

The white blood plasma is frozen in our Bio-bank and will be useful in handling new cases.

The blood plasma will be beneficial for the treatment of new patients in the absence of a defined therapeutic drug for #COVID19 yet.

The patient appreciated the exceptional care and support given to him by staff of the infectious Disease Hospital,Yaba and all members of the EOC.
The EOC team was extremely happy to bid the patient farewell.
Re: Nigeria's Coronavirus Index Patient Discharged After Testing Negative by Vulcan24(m): 8:45am On Mar 21, 2020
Rich news though!

while the world is bitting their lips hard!
Re: Nigeria's Coronavirus Index Patient Discharged After Testing Negative by jd3trice(m): 8:50am On Mar 21, 2020
Re: Nigeria's Coronavirus Index Patient Discharged After Testing Negative by pacespot(m): 8:53am On Mar 21, 2020
I think the Italian man has strong immune system because they did not tell us what treatment was applied during the course of his admission, he had to donate his blood plasma showing he could help others recover too. Kudos to the doctors that were involved.
Re: Nigeria's Coronavirus Index Patient Discharged After Testing Negative by ityP(m): 8:54am On Mar 21, 2020
Vulcan24:
Rich news though!

while the world is bitting their lips hard!

People are recovering in the world too
Re: Nigeria's Coronavirus Index Patient Discharged After Testing Negative by Jsucre(m): 8:59am On Mar 21, 2020
Scam everywhere,
person wey get coro still remember to use wristwatch, they act the movie well Sha. At last they show the Italian coro actor.
Re: Nigeria's Coronavirus Index Patient Discharged After Testing Negative by ityP(m): 9:02am On Mar 21, 2020
Jsucre:
Scam everywhere,
person wey get coro still remember to use wristwatch, they act the movie well Sha. At last they show the Italian coro actor.

So the 91,000 that has recovered all around the world na movie too?
Re: Nigeria's Coronavirus Index Patient Discharged After Testing Negative by Kudanis(m): 9:07am On Mar 21, 2020
TourismMan:
So na so them discharge this man without telling us his name, show us his face or anything identity? Why is Nigeria handling issues of COVID19 in obscurity as against what is practiced in other countries of the world? When Canadian prime minister's wife was tested public, the whole world was let to know. When Mikel Arteta tested positive, it wasn't a hideous issue. Why is Nigerian government concealing the identity of the victims here in country?

Mikel Arteta, Canadian primes Minister's wife are public figures that's why they were made know to the world that they contracted Covid-19. Do you know the names of all the people that were infected with Covid -19 in China, Italy, Spain, etc?

Please people should stop doubting it.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Coronavirus Index Patient Discharged After Testing Negative by Jabioro: 9:11am On Mar 21, 2020
ityP:

Well, what we're saying is that, IT'S NOT LIKE NIGERIA FOUND A CURE. Many patients have recovered before now. So the Italian in naija isn't a new case.
The cure can be found any where ,even you can find one , don't under estimate any trial..all hand be on desk now..if you tell the world, you have found one,they either subjected it to trial or kill it like the way they did to Doctor Abraka HIV cure..
Re: Nigeria's Coronavirus Index Patient Discharged After Testing Negative by Cmanforall: 9:15am On Mar 21, 2020
funmike83:
See the woman standing behind not wearing any protective kit. Are they actually battling with Mr coro? Covid is highly contagious. How are we sure the man tested positive before celebration this. Just thinking ni o
None is wearing protective kit.
Re: Nigeria's Coronavirus Index Patient Discharged After Testing Negative by Xisnin(m): 9:19am On Mar 21, 2020
funmike83:
See the woman standing behind not wearing any protective kit. Are they actually battling with Mr coro? Covid is highly contagious. How are we sure the man tested positive before celebration this. Just thinking ni o
Illiterate FFK worshipper.
I bet you have stocked your house with chloroquine even though Covid 19 is allegedly "hoax".
SMH
Re: Nigeria's Coronavirus Index Patient Discharged After Testing Negative by ityP(m): 10:16am On Mar 21, 2020
Jabioro:
The cure can be found any where ,even you can find one , don't under estimate any trial..all hand be on desk now..if you tell the world, you have found one,they either subjected it to trial or kill it like the way they did to Doctor Abraka HIV cure..

I don't doubt that. Nigerians make the best of doctors anywhere in the world. But there isn't any cure right now. And it's not like a Nigerian found a cure for the Italian man. He wasn't cured, because right now, there isn't any drug that can cure COVID-19. He recovered, has as many before him. Hope you get what I'm saying
Re: Nigeria's Coronavirus Index Patient Discharged After Testing Negative by AgentNairaland(f): 10:24am On Mar 21, 2020
9ja Doctors With Ojuju Treatment I Hail Thee.. Black Nation With Charm
Re: Nigeria's Coronavirus Index Patient Discharged After Testing Negative by governorudeh: 10:27am On Mar 21, 2020
Are they wearing mosquito nets as a protective over all?
Re: Nigeria's Coronavirus Index Patient Discharged After Testing Negative by brownbib(m): 10:30am On Mar 21, 2020
BUNCH OF JOKERS.
Re: Nigeria's Coronavirus Index Patient Discharged After Testing Negative by Abbeylanre15(m): 10:41am On Mar 21, 2020
WOW
Re: Nigeria's Coronavirus Index Patient Discharged After Testing Negative by Jabioro: 11:13am On Mar 21, 2020
ityP:

I don't doubt that. Nigerians make the best of doctors anywhere in the world. But there isn't any cure right now. And it's not like a Nigerian found a cure for the Italian man. He wasn't cured, because right now, there isn't any drug that can cure COVID-19. He recovered, has as many before him. Hope you get what I'm saying
Your curiosity should be on how were they able to secure his quick recovery,what type of drugs therapy did they apply..food and others .. because i learned he has to dropped a unit of his plasma blood..for research
Re: Nigeria's Coronavirus Index Patient Discharged After Testing Negative by ityP(m): 11:46am On Mar 21, 2020
Jabioro:
Your curiosity should be on how were they able to secure his quick recovery,what type of drugs therapy did they apply..food and others .. because i learned he has to dropped a unit of his plasma blood..for research

I don't need to. Like I told you earlier, all they did was to give him drugs to boost his immunity and relieve symptoms and his immune system did the rest (same thing is happening everywhere in the world as we speak). Antibodies in his plasma are what they want to use to help other patients (not a drug). Antibody mediated immunity is an arm of the body's immune system
Re: Nigeria's Coronavirus Index Patient Discharged After Testing Negative by luluman: 11:48am On Mar 21, 2020
LosC:
The Italian man who arrived Nigeria with the deadly COVID-19 has been discharged after testing negative for the virus.

The Governor of Lagos State Babajide Sanwo-Olu expressed his joy over the goodnews and he equally disclosed this on Friday night via his twitter page:

https://twitter.com/jidesanwoolu/status/1241118189494337537?s=19
GREEEEEEEEAT NIGERIAAAA. UP NAIJA.
Re: Nigeria's Coronavirus Index Patient Discharged After Testing Negative by luluman: 11:51am On Mar 21, 2020
funmike83:
Go there and find out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Swollen Testicles: My Right Egg Is 3 Times The Size Of My Left Egg, Help / HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! / Omicron: Canada's Confirmed Cases From Persons With Recent Travel From Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.