Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Accounting Professionals I Need Your Advice - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Accounting Professionals I Need Your Advice (591 Views)

CIMA Certification For Accounting Professionals / I Need Your Advice On A Legit Lucrative Business I Can Do With 1M / Help A Nairalander... I Need Your Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Accounting Professionals I Need Your Advice by DhanBaba(m): 6:01am On Mar 21, 2020
I have an Executive Director (ED).. Admin Officer..Member of the Board of trustee..Accounting officer who was a corper but has finished her service

I serve as an internal Auditor under the course of doing my IT under an organization...There is a problem am facing now...

I normally cross check source document with bank statement

One photocopy of cheque and a source document relating a transaction of 150,000 been spent was missing from file in wish all voucher of money been spent is been kept...

But the spending of the 150,000 reflect on the bank statement which means that the money was spent..but source document cannot be found.

I asked the Admin about the missing document but she can't find it..and she told me to just add the amount to some other expenses.that she don't want any other trouble with the ED.

She explained that the
Resigned Accounting officer(corper) is not an accounting student which means she is not knowledgeable in accounts..
That maybe she misplaced the voucher o the 150,000 and the cheque supporting it.

And I worked for the Member of trustees..which means I report to them directly...

And the Admin office is already having issues with the ED...the ED is frustrating her seriously

And the corper is not around..she has finished her service with us...

If i report to the Member of trustees the admin office may loses her likelihood

It very difficult for me to know if the Admin embezzled the money or the corper misplaced the voucher and cheque supporting it.

Should I report to the Member of trustees or Do as the Admin officer do
Re: Accounting Professionals I Need Your Advice by skedman(m): 6:38am On Mar 21, 2020
Are you really a qualiified accountant how can you bring this to social media.

The bank statement has shown that there was a debit of 150,000 .what does her cash book or bank book state even if the source document was not found.

The Nysc officers handover note

Is there no journal stating the above transaction.

Don't they do bank reconciliation every month .

They have not been balancing

You have to be professional give them 3weeks for the girl and her ogas to look for it simply.
Re: Accounting Professionals I Need Your Advice by famouscargo4u: 7:49am On Mar 21, 2020
There must be source documents to back all bank transaction without which amounts to fraud .
Re: Accounting Professionals I Need Your Advice by DhanBaba(m): 10:44am On Mar 21, 2020
The organization is a not for profit organization.....

Am not yet a qualified Accountant..I just finished my ND so am doing IT in the organization

But am now an ATS 2 student

(1) (Reply)

One Simple Tip To Gain More Customers To Your Business / Access Bank Joins The Battle Against Corona Virus…shares Life Saving Video Tutor / Tipping Trucks Urgently Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.