Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,127 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:58 AM

2023:"I Have Not Made Public, Any Intention To Contest For Any Position" - Umahi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023:"I Have Not Made Public, Any Intention To Contest For Any Position" - Umahi (281 Views)

Tinubu Tranverses The World Without Any Intention Of Improving Anything / South East Is Not Interested In Any Position From Tinubu / NMA Should Conduct Medical Tests On Presidential Candidates, Results Made Public (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023:"I Have Not Made Public, Any Intention To Contest For Any Position" - Umahi by Man102: 9:23am On Mar 21, 2020
2023 : "I Have Not Made Public, Any Intention To Contest For Any Position" - Gov. Umahi

By Wisdom Nwedene, Abakaliki

Govenor David Nweze Umahi of Ebonyi State, on Saturday, said he has not made public any intention to contest for any political position in 2023 general elections.

Umahi stated that his attention has been drawn to an ill-conceived political poster of him contesting for the President of Nigeria, flanked by Governor Nasir El- Rufai for Vice President of Nigeria in 2023. He described it as the handiwork of
mischievous elements who are determined to put him against his admirers.

Umahi made this known in a statement sent to Igbere TV by his Special Assistant on Media, Francis Nwaze.

According to the statement, such poster bears the imprint of detractors and political desperados who thrive on gossips, rumours and have resulted in producing a smokescreen where they attempt to drag the name of the Governor to the mud via the poster.

The statement reads in full,

"My attention has been drawn to an ill-conceived political poster with an image of the Governor of Ebonyi State, His Excellency, Chief David Nweze Umahi FNSE, FNATE contesting for the President of Nigeria and flanked by Governor Nasir El- Rufai for Vice President of Nigeria in 2023, currently circulating on social media."

"Such bears the imprint of detractors and political desperados who thrive on gossips, rumours and have resulted in producing a smokescreen where they attempt to drag the name of the Governor to the mud via the poster."

"One could not help but come to a sane conclusion that enemies of the state probably quoting the harmless expression of an Igbo born industrialist, Chief Cletus Ibeto who said "when it is time, we will send Umahi", decided to stair the hornet's nest and hit up the polity with such embarrassing poster."

"In as much as Governor David Umahi has towering credentials that in any contest makes him visible, he has not made public, any intention to contest for any position in 2023, let alone choosing a successor as he is a governor who is presently committed to delivering of dividends of democracy to his Ebonyi people as he believes that politicking ends immediately after election."

"We, therefore, call on all lovers of good governance, Governor Umahi's ambassadors and the general public to ignore such posters as it is nothing, but the handiwork of mischievous elements who are determined to put the Governor against his admirers."

"In truism, 2023 is too far to start politicking now."

Stay with Igbere TV. Africa's No1 Community TV.

Source : http://igberetvnews.com/1344399/2023-made-public-intention-contest-position-gov-umahi/

Re: 2023:"I Have Not Made Public, Any Intention To Contest For Any Position" - Umahi by stickright(m): 9:28am On Mar 21, 2020
Nigerian politicians always say this and would not bother to cut the hands of the 'mischief makers' behind it or warn them to stop.

Later on, mischief maker will turn supporters and supporters will turn political appointees in their government.
Re: 2023:"I Have Not Made Public, Any Intention To Contest For Any Position" - Umahi by ckenneths(m): 9:30am On Mar 21, 2020
This man, has shown the highest dexterity I have seen in modern days in government in this part of the world. May God bless you for your service to humanity.

The Ebonyi that I saw yesterday, blew me off my feet cheesy

Re: 2023:"I Have Not Made Public, Any Intention To Contest For Any Position" - Umahi by Yenefer(f): 9:30am On Mar 21, 2020
Lol
Re: 2023:"I Have Not Made Public, Any Intention To Contest For Any Position" - Umahi by ATTemi: 9:34am On Mar 21, 2020
Disclaimer!!!
Re: 2023:"I Have Not Made Public, Any Intention To Contest For Any Position" - Umahi by Man102: 9:38am On Mar 21, 2020
Cc, Lalasticlala, Mynd44

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19:Osun Announces Total Lockdown From March 31As Gov. Confirms Second Case / We Celebrate A Visionary And Transformative Leader, Says VP Osinbajo / Coronavirus: Buhari Woke From A Prolonged Siesta To Issue Lockdown Orders Which

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.