Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,156 members, 7,953,591 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:00 PM

11 Simple Hacks To Pump Up Your Writing Career - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 11 Simple Hacks To Pump Up Your Writing Career (756 Views)

A Writing Career Is Marathon, Not A Sprint - Alexander Nderitu / 11 Simple Ways To Improve Your Memory / A Solid Writing Career & Blogging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

11 Simple Hacks To Pump Up Your Writing Career by jadejay: 12:52pm On Mar 21, 2020
Wanting to pump up your writing career is one thing, but doing it in a society that still doesn’t see writing as a job, can be discouraging.

It is annoying when people from my part of the world frown at the word, writing, or writer. There was a time when I came in contact with people who asked what I do. I told them I write. Hahahaha… You need to see them frowning, turning their noses up and asking, “what’s that”. As if to say I’m joking. One person actually asked, well, do they pay you for this? How do you make money? And then I went on explaining in details, what I do, and left him nodding in awe.

Ok. Enough of me. Let’s come to you. As a writer, you need to continuously sharpen your writing skills, if you must be taken seriously and sort after by the big clients. Like I tell anyone who cares to listen, writing for yourself is completely different from writing for a client. And if you’re going to up your game while running your full-time job, you need constant practice; constant writing.

Truth is, you don’t need to quit your job, if you don’t want to, for a full-time writing career, especially, if that career has not yet grown enough to pay your bills and upkeep.

Now if your writing is just a hobby. Then, that’s what it is. And that’s what it will remain. Don’t even think of quitting your job. But if you treat it as a career/business, then that’s what it will be for you. The hours you spend on your laptop writing doesn’t make a hobby writer a career writer overnight. Attitude matters too.

Read the full article via the link below and to see all the hacks you need.

https://pelleura.top/11-simple-hacks-to-pump-up-your-writing-career/

Re: 11 Simple Hacks To Pump Up Your Writing Career by jadejay: 10:52am On Aug 05, 2020
Ttt
Re: 11 Simple Hacks To Pump Up Your Writing Career by jadejay: 5:07pm On Aug 08, 2020
9 of The Best Portable Laptop Tables For Writers and Readers

Times have changed a lot. Almost everything you can think of has gone digital. And because information, entertainment and business are the three major things that keeps a person’s attention most on the internet, we find that we’re mostly using our phone and laptop.

Students are no longer the only ones who need reading or writing tables. Bloggers need them. People carrying out research on the internet need them. People who find entertainment on the internet need them. People who carryout one business or the other daily on the internet, need them. Then again, those of us who are bloggers, writers and readers, also need them.

Why are these portable tables so unique? What need do they fulfill?

Click below to see everything about these tables

https://pelleura.top/best-portable-table-for-writers-and-readers/

Re: 11 Simple Hacks To Pump Up Your Writing Career by jadejay: 10:03pm On Aug 29, 2020
Making a Full-Time Living With Freelance Writing Jobs

Gone are the days when freelance writing jobs online and offline, were scarce. Thanks to technology, the world is now a global village where you can get freelance writing jobs from any part of the world.

The internet is built in a way that gives room for every kind of writing you can think about. What you mostly need at the end of the day, is

– Finding your niche
– The right positioning
– The right marketing
– The right audience

You and I know that without finding your niche, you would never be able to position yourself right. Let alone know what freelance writing services to market, or the kind of audience you should go after.

THIS BOOK IS A MUST READ FOR EVERY WRITER NEW TO, OR JUST STARTING OUT IN THE BUSINESS OF FREELANCE WRITING AND LOOKING TO LAND PAYING CLIENTS.

It Is The “NO BULLSHIT GUIDE TO MAKING A FULL-TIME LIVING AS A FREELANCE WRITER” and it contains 6 practical steps to building a freelance writing jobs business for newbies, and anyone who has been in this business before, but quit due to not knowing how to tackle the different challenges they encountered.

1. This book will teach you how to identify your writing niche, as well as expose you to the highest paying form of writing we have presently.

2. It will show you the challenges writers face and the steps to overcoming these challenges

3. It will show you the basic tools you need to aid your writing

4. How to build a strong voice/brand for your writing career

5. How to market your writing services and get well paid

6. How to use Facebook and Instagram to boost publicity

5. There are also samples of email marketing letters you can customize and use for your online marketing.

With this book, I want to help you attract ideal clients on Instagram and Facebook, build your email list and grow your freelance writing business.

Learn to
1. Identifying your niche
2. Knowing more about your chosen niche and if it is profitable
2. Identifying companies/individuals in your niche that can become potential clients
3. Putting your services out there
4. Marketing your services to your first client and landing your first job.

Click below to get your copy, or email, info@pelleura.top

https://pelleura.top/sales-letter-for-my-new-book/

1 Like

Re: 11 Simple Hacks To Pump Up Your Writing Career by ErikaJudy: 9:03pm On Sep 13, 2021
Thanks for the helpful post. I've noticed that if you follow the guidelines on how to improve your writing skills, writing an essay is not that difficult. But a lot depends on the complexity of the topic on which you want to write an essay. For example, if this is a topic about happiness, then initially you need to study the information what it is in different sources or find a sample of a finished essay on a similar topic. On the site https://writinguniverse.com/free-essay-examples/happiness/ there are several options for such examples. Thanks to these examples, I once finished a very difficult essay.

(1) (Reply)

A Boy Called THE Batman. / Pls, Do You Know If She'll Survive. / The Future Of The Nigerian Child:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.