Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,008 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Coronavirus: Nigeria Shuts All International Airports To Foreign Flights - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Coronavirus: Nigeria Shuts All International Airports To Foreign Flights (47090 Views)

Abuja & Lagos Airports To Resume Domestic Flight Operations On July 8 / FG Announces Five Airports To Be Reopened By June 21 / Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Kano Airports To Reopen Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coronavirus: Nigeria Shuts All International Airports To Foreign Flights by deantimes(m): 4:30pm On Mar 21, 2020
The Federal Government of Nigeria has announced the closure of all the country’s airports to international flights till April 23, 2020. The Director-General of the Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA), Capt. Musa Nuhu disclosed this in a letter to all foreign airlines and operators on Saturday. He said domestic flights will continue normal operations at all airports.

The NCAA had shut down the international wing of three airports in Nigeria on Friday. This is in line with the directive of the Federal Government to restrict international flights in response to the ravaging COVID-19 pandemic. The three airports closed down were; Mallam Aminu Kano International Airport, Kano; Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu; and the Port Harcourt International Airport, Omagwa. This leaves only the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA), Lagos and Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja in operation. However, the Minister of Aviation, Hadi Sirika, late yesterday, said Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja, and Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos would be closed too. Sirika, while fielding questions from State House Correspondents on Friday, said the five international airports should have been closed instead of singling out three. Since then, 10 more cases of the coronavirus disease have been confirmed in the country, bringing the country’s burden of coronavirus infections to a total of 22.

Three of the 10 new cases are in Abuja, the country’s capital. The other seven are in Lagos. Nine of the new 10 infections had “have travel history outside Nigeria in the last one week,” the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control said in a tweet.
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/breaking-nigeria-bans-all-international-flights-over-coronavirus.html

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Shuts All International Airports To Foreign Flights by deantimes(m): 4:31pm On Mar 21, 2020
grin

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Shuts All International Airports To Foreign Flights by shamsin6300(m): 4:40pm On Mar 21, 2020
Better late than never

105 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Shuts All International Airports To Foreign Flights by LifeMapEmpire(f): 4:42pm On Mar 21, 2020
May God heal the land!!!!

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Shuts All International Airports To Foreign Flights by ewoma1989(f): 4:44pm On Mar 21, 2020
Good decision

7 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Shuts All International Airports To Foreign Flights by samuel19222(m): 5:09pm On Mar 21, 2020
me wey never get travel history out of naija before, how una want make we dey Enter danfo and LT now, I pity myself and some lagosian, I just hear say Buhari daughter return from obodo London recently.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Shuts All International Airports To Foreign Flights by ForeThinker: 5:09pm On Mar 21, 2020
Stay safe my people ,
We shall surly overcome ...IJN
�❤️

113 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Shuts All International Airports To Foreign Flights by Slawormir: 5:10pm On Mar 21, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarr
You sure say we nor go prepare another planet so
Planet earth is casted

Because Mehnnnn
Sometimes i go just dey reason this Corona virus like all those zombie movies where he be say na one person dey start am
Then like play like play Every body go turned into zombie
Then the world go come agree to find another planet because planet earth is no longer safe

Resident evil
Bird box
Train to bursan
World war
Shaun of the dead
Dawn of the dead
Return of the living dead
Day of the dead
Night of the living dead

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Shuts All International Airports To Foreign Flights by Investmentfreak: 5:10pm On Mar 21, 2020
Nwamikpe I booked this space for you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Shuts All International Airports To Foreign Flights by Sunofgod(m): 5:10pm On Mar 21, 2020

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Shuts All International Airports To Foreign Flights by FemiEddy(m): 5:10pm On Mar 21, 2020
No matter what, take precautions, and don't FEAR! Fear is a weapon, so Don't fear. Be kind...

9 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Shuts All International Airports To Foreign Flights by Hotfreez: 5:10pm On Mar 21, 2020
Lol.
Less than 12 hours after Coronavirus entered Abuja.
So, them dey fear like this?

Some people don't listen to advice. They love learning the hard way.

126 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Shuts All International Airports To Foreign Flights by arejibadz(m): 5:10pm On Mar 21, 2020
.lool...na now dem reason close am
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Shuts All International Airports To Foreign Flights by dinocy(m): 5:10pm On Mar 21, 2020
Things that should have been done since yesterday!

17 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Shuts All International Airports To Foreign Flights by hacmond(m): 5:10pm On Mar 21, 2020
Very good.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Shuts All International Airports To Foreign Flights by Onyeedum(m): 5:10pm On Mar 21, 2020
Always slow in taking necessarily/obvious actions.

12 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Shuts All International Airports To Foreign Flights by doffman: 5:10pm On Mar 21, 2020
What they suppose to have done since last 2 weeks.
I blame government for this..

12 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Shuts All International Airports To Foreign Flights by YorubaKinging: 5:10pm On Mar 21, 2020
Will this stop the spread of coronaVirus
Or will you stiffed-necked people turn back to your God
The one that brought your fathers out of egpyt
And your father rebelled and he punished them
Yet the sins of your fathers are still what you the children loves
Idolatry, murder, lying , stealing, fornication, and not believing in God

You better turn back to your creator, because corona is the beginning of your punishment for all your sins

He will not repent until he has set judgement on Earth

And I hate to burst your bubbles,. There's no rapture

4 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Shuts All International Airports To Foreign Flights by Etinosa1234: 5:10pm On Mar 21, 2020
The past 10 cases were brought by Nigerian returnees..
Now that the airports are being closed... The virus has less opportunity to spread

For once let's commend the govt

This is the right thing to do

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Shuts All International Airports To Foreign Flights by Humphrizy(m): 5:11pm On Mar 21, 2020
E better make we stay safe and Let our country be free from further cases of dx Coronavirus
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Shuts All International Airports To Foreign Flights by invigilator(m): 5:11pm On Mar 21, 2020
In as much as this is coming late after the country has recorded 22cases of the virus.. Much attention should be turned to the land borders... If developed countries are struggling to combat this virus, some running out of medical supply kits and hospital beds... How much more Nigeria that we are living by Grace.

5 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Shuts All International Airports To Foreign Flights by graccce: 5:11pm On Mar 21, 2020
Is now you people sense is working.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Shuts All International Airports To Foreign Flights by iammo(m): 5:11pm On Mar 21, 2020
damn!!
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Shuts All International Airports To Foreign Flights by Dr7Manhattan: 5:11pm On Mar 21, 2020
As I no dy see FTC do
I go make my own
F
T
C

Fake it till you make it.

7 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Shuts All International Airports To Foreign Flights by Nobody: 5:11pm On Mar 21, 2020
embarassed
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Shuts All International Airports To Foreign Flights by DModeCntStopMe: 5:11pm On Mar 21, 2020
shocked

I'm just weak.

Nigeria is so so unfortunate.

I don't even know whether Nigerians deserve a man like buhari or deserve better.

May evil not come nigh our dwelling.

4 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Shuts All International Airports To Foreign Flights by MansoryMX(m): 5:11pm On Mar 21, 2020
Medicine after death. Buhari isn’t just senseless and stupid. He is a bastard and a devil. Lock airport and borders completely since, this foolish man refused! Just because him daughter dey UK. I blame you people who voted this lifeless being into power. I don’t fuckin care if I chop ban!

80 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Shuts All International Airports To Foreign Flights by specialmati(m): 5:12pm On Mar 21, 2020
only God can help us this time
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Shuts All International Airports To Foreign Flights by Nobody: 5:12pm On Mar 21, 2020
Indeed, a fabulous act
Re: Coronavirus: Nigeria Shuts All International Airports To Foreign Flights by Zinoly: 5:12pm On Mar 21, 2020
unnecessary

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Journey To Qatar / Is Ghana A Good Place To Start Up Life? / Which Country Can Someone Travel With 1m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.