Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,098 members, 7,818,285 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

Kenny Rogers Dies At 81 - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kenny Rogers Dies At 81 (735 Views)

Lari Williams Dies At 81 / Kenny Rogers Dies At 81 (Photos) / The Interior Of Kenny Blaq New Home (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kenny Rogers Dies At 81 by chival(f): 7:05pm On Mar 21, 2020
Vocalist Kenny Rogers, who dominated the pop and country charts in the 1970s and 1980s with a string of sleekly tailored hits and won three Grammys, has died. He was 81. Rogers “passed away peacefully at home from natural causes under the care of hospice and surrounded by his family,” a representative for the singer said in a statement. Due to the national COVID-19 emergency, the family is planning a small private service at this time with a public memorial planned for a later date.

Rogers had announced a farewell tour in 2015 and was able to keep it going through December 2017. In April 2018, shortly before he was to spend a few months finishing out the tour after a break, he announced that he was having to call off the remaining dates (including a planned appearance at the Stagecoach Festival in California), due to unspecified “health challenges.” “I didn’t want to take forever to retire,” Rogers said his April 2018 statement. “I’ve thoroughly enjoyed this opportunity to say farewell to the fans over the course of the past two years on ‘The Gambler’s Last Deal’ tour. I could never properly thank them for the encouragement and support they’ve given me throughout my career and the happiness I’ve experienced as a result of that.”

Re: Kenny Rogers Dies At 81 by Sirmuel1(m): 7:07pm On Mar 21, 2020
shocked
Re: Kenny Rogers Dies At 81 by AlphaSoul: 6:32pm On May 10, 2021
chival:
Vocalist Kenny Rogers, who dominated the pop and country charts in the 1970s and 1980s with a string of sleekly tailored hits and won three Grammys, has died. He was 81. Rogers “passed away peacefully at home from natural causes under the care of hospice and surrounded by his family,” a representative for the singer said in a statement. Due to the national COVID-19 emergency, the family is planning a small private service at this time with a public memorial planned for a later date.

Rogers had announced a farewell tour in 2015 and was able to keep it going through December 2017. In April 2018, shortly before he was to spend a few months finishing out the tour after a break, he announced that he was having to call off the remaining dates (including a planned appearance at the Stagecoach Festival in California), due to unspecified “health challenges.” “I didn’t want to take forever to retire,” Rogers said his April 2018 statement. “I’ve thoroughly enjoyed this opportunity to say farewell to the fans over the course of the past two years on ‘The Gambler’s Last Deal’ tour. I could never properly thank them for the encouragement and support they’ve given me throughout my career and the happiness I’ve experienced as a result of that.”
Oh! Kenny Rogers was truly iconic. I started listening to his songs in the 1970s because my well-travelled dad was his fan.

His country songs are evergreen and I felt a sense of momentary loss when I heard on CNN and other media platforms that he had passed on.

It's all good though since we still have his body of works.

#NostagicMoments

3 Likes

Re: Kenny Rogers Dies At 81 by nayexe2441: 2:32am On May 11, 2021

(1) (Reply)

The Coronavirus Is Pedophilia: Empty Hospitals, Fake Dead And Killing The Old / See When Police Arrested Funke Akindele, Naira Marley, Jjc In Amen Estate (video / Wizkid Vs Vybz: Burnaboy’s Mom Threatens Stefflondon, For Supporting Vybz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.