Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,073 members, 7,821,695 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus (39985 Views)

52 Passengers On A Flight From India To Hong Kong Test Positive For COVID-19 / Coronavirus: FG Searching For Passengers On Aircraft With Italian Patient / Governor Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Coronavirus Outbreak In Lagos, Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus by 24SEVEN: 6:36am On Mar 22, 2020
Hotfreez:
Is it not a shame that the entire country looks up to Lagos?

Even Buhari probably looks up to Sanwo-Olu.

Please kindly expatiate in your comment, "the entire country looks up to Lagos". So I can properly engage you.
Re: LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus by Hotfreez: 6:36am On Mar 22, 2020
Openbusiness:

Oga who told you so? See all this rubbish this travellers from coronavirus countries are doing they should go and try it in North Korea. From airport straight to firing squad. Las las when Corona do Southwest strong thing like he do Italy, southwest governors go get sense by force

Is it SW Governors that would close the borders including the airports? Use your head to think na

3 Likes

Re: LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus by romenna: 6:37am On Mar 22, 2020
Medicine after death.
Re: LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus by Hotfreez: 6:39am On Mar 22, 2020
24SEVEN:
Please kindly expatiate in your comment, "the entire country looks up to Lagos". So I can properly engage you.

In times of this Coronavirus, the entire country looks up to Lagos. Whatever that means to you, that's what it means.

1 Like

Re: LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus by 24SEVEN: 6:40am On Mar 22, 2020
Hotfreez:

In times of this Coronavirus, the entire country looks up to Lagos. Whatever that means to you, that's what it means.

Now I know you don't have anything to say. You're just typing for typing sake.
Re: LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus by Jaqenhghar: 6:41am On Mar 22, 2020
voltron14:

Is there any country in which people are tested on arrival?
There were claims here that the response in Nigerian airports was even better than in the US and UK. That there was testing on arrival and forms were issued to know the movement of the passengers. When some of us pointed out that those efforts were not exactly effective we were hounded with plenty english.
Like I always say in Nigeria we have mastered the art of appearing busy and efficient with no tangible result to show for it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus by Osidazz19: 6:42am On Mar 22, 2020
[s]
centboy123456:
now that the virus is here I hope Apc are now happy

as for me and my family we are cover with the blood of Jesus
[/s]

Trash.
Re: LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus by Hotfreez: 6:43am On Mar 22, 2020
24SEVEN:

Now I know you don't have anything to say. You're just typing for typing sake.

If my post is too difficult for your brain to comprehend, how is that my concern?
Go and look for less-intelligent posts which you can easily understand.
Re: LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus by dingbang(m): 6:49am On Mar 22, 2020
post=87653160:
Guys, try as much as you can to STOP politicizing this deadly Coronavirus issue, as PDP as laid the foudation.

This is not what we want in our darling nation presently.

Use your brains and stay SAFE.

Coronavirus will not be any of your portion in life.

Be wise!
and you just politicized your comment, please go and sleep. You are not a serious person in life

7 Likes

Re: LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus by Chiefolo: 6:51am On Mar 22, 2020
jayson87:
Our neighbors Benin Rep. Is quarantining anybody for 14days that comes into the country, even through land borders. That's how serious countries respond to an impending danger and pandemic. Self isolation is a deceit and a. Fast. Way to spread the Virus. Quarantine anybody that comes into the country for 14days.
Hope we heard 748 persons died in 1 day in Italy from this virus. We have to take strict measures in checkmating the COVID-19 pandemic

Nigeria do not have the facility to quarantine passengers coming in to this country. Imagine two international flight carrying more than 800 passenger, where is the isolation center that will take care of these passengers. No testing kits that will go round to test them.

Therefore, it was advice they all do self quarantine after their data have been collected @ d point of entry.

Mind Us, only yesterday BA still arrived in Abuja airport despite ban on international flights into the country. Am sure some presidential aids of APC are on board that flight.

Nigeria we hail dee......
Re: LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus by Keemsleek005(m): 7:02am On Mar 22, 2020
Studyinchina200:
China does.

But you have to pay for the hotel and food money.

Lol will nigerians do that? They wilk shout now and they will turn it into political matter.

It cant work nigerians wont make it work. Pay hotel and food money by nigerians only few will do it.
Re: LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus by Hotfreez: 7:03am On Mar 22, 2020
Chiefolo:

Nigeria do not have the facility to quarantine passengers coming in to this country. Imagine two international flight carrying more than 800 passenger, where is the isolation center that will take care of these passengers. No testing kits that will go round to test them.

Therefore, it was advice they all do self quarantine after their data have been collected @ d point of entry.

Mind Us, only yesterday BA still arrived in Abuja airport despite ban on international flights into the country. Am sure some presidential aids of APC are on board that flight.

Nigeria we hail dee......

Those countries that quarantine all passengers on arrival, they brought the facilities from Heaven?

Let government clear 10 Hotels along Airport Road and Ajao Estate and see if it won't be more than enough. Those who display symptoms are moved to the IDH centre in Yaba and those without symptoms after 14 days go home.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus by Hotfreez: 7:04am On Mar 22, 2020
Keemsleek005:

Lol will nigerians do that? They wilk shout now and they will turn it into political matter.

It cant work nigerians wont make it work. Pay hotel and food money by nigerians only few will do it.

Then, let them refuse them from disembarking from the plane. That's what SA does.

1 Like

Re: LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus by Validated: 7:04am On Mar 22, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

There were claims here that the response in Nigerian airports was even better than in the US and UK. That there was testing on arrival and forms were issued to know the movement of the passengers. When some of us pointed out that those efforts were not exactly effective we were hounded with plenty english.
Like I always say in Nigeria we have mastered the art of appearing busy and efficient with no tangible result to show for it.
My friend, I tire for Nigeria. On 17th, I posted a topic begging our president to shutdown our borders. Some pple that see him as lord and saviour were saying Nigeria was doing better than Europe and America in containing the scourge. Now we are seeing how good they have performed. This thing grows exponentially. It is now 22, just wait another 4 days, you might be counting 100. I am not a doomsday prophet.

2 Likes

Re: LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus by Bankowner: 7:06am On Mar 22, 2020
Here is a virus that spreads like wildfire ready to consume everything in its path and here is our government treating it with kid gloves.

Two things:

¤ Either the government (state and federal) is cooking up figures so to get money from WHO or;
¤ The federal government is downright incompetent to handle emergencies of this magnitude.

I will not be surprised if the government places the blame for the spread of the virus at the doorstep of the common man who hasn't even seen the inside of a plane. I won't say more. People that can afford to travel have come back bearing gifts of the virus. Wish it was dollars they came sharing!!

I hope the states that have released funds for the virus will account for how every dime of that money is spent.
Re: LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus by Keemsleek005(m): 7:08am On Mar 22, 2020
Hotfreez:

Then, let them refuse them from disembarking from the plane. That's what SA does.

Bros you know how nigerians are? Them go burst out or one perdon go sue goverment or turn it into tribal/ political issue. Nigeria is a complex state. I thought they have records of those coming in they should trace their address and check them up. But am sure with the rate these going your family will even be the one to coded make the call. Who won die?

1 Like

Re: LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus by SirKomA(m): 7:10am On Mar 22, 2020
Nbote:
So despite claiming to subjecting ppl to testing and all d talk about banning flights from UK and other risk countries, how d hell did 2 flights get into dis country and d ppl allowed in without testing?

One big question no one is giving answers to. What a country!

1 Like

Re: LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus by iwillmakeit: 7:13am On Mar 22, 2020
voltron14:

Not true.

You cannot quarantine all incoming travelers.

The best you can do is request they self-isolate and institute a fine should they be found outside.

No country would quarantine thousands of incoming visitors - none.

Yoi either close your borders or suggest self-isolation.

You only quarantine confirmed cases.

Oga pls do your research before you comment.
Re: LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus by Ngchima: 7:13am On Mar 22, 2020
Some people don't believe that there corona virus that is the major problem. God please have mercy on the whole world.
Re: LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus by bkool7(m): 7:14am On Mar 22, 2020
centboy123456:
now that the virus is here I hope Apc are now happy

as for me and my family we are cover with the blood of Jesus

Does the virus discriminate?

Seat there and be saying Apc.

This is not the time to score cheap political goals

1 Like

Re: LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus by goodyvin02(m): 7:15am On Mar 22, 2020
Nbote:
So despite claiming to subjecting ppl to testing and all d talk about banning flights from UK and other risk countries, how d hell did 2 flights get into dis country and d ppl allowed in without testing?
As at yesterday people were still entering Nigeria from UK, leave all those osho free leaders

3 Likes

Re: LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus by infogeneral: 7:17am On Mar 22, 2020
Now that they have imported enough virus to distribute they want to close the air ports. The last time I checked many of them belong to the age group of the most vunerable. Let's see how it goes.
Re: LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus by iwillmakeit: 7:20am On Mar 22, 2020
ogastone:
Bad leaders.
They want all their family members to come back to Nigeria from abroad first before the closure of boarders. Why won't the virus come to Nigeria. Selfish and careless set of leaders, those people that returned to Nigeria with covid19 will infect you the family members first. God save us please.

You are absolutely on point. They will be the first to contact the virus. Selfish leaders!

1 Like

Re: LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus by Hotfreez: 7:22am On Mar 22, 2020
Keemsleek005:

Bros you know how nigerians are? Them go burst out or one perdon go sue goverment or turn it into tribal/ political issue. Nigeria is a complex state. I thought they have records of those coming in they should trace their address and check them up. But am sure with the rate these going your family will even be the one to coded make the call. Who won die?

Nigerians are very easy to handle. Put just 5 Mopol by the door of the plane. No one would dare step out. If they want to sue, let them sue. It's a matter of national security. The court would throw it out.

2 Likes

Re: LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus by Nobody: 7:25am On Mar 22, 2020
voltron14:

Not true.

You cannot quarantine all incoming travelers.

The best you can do is request they self-isolate and institute a fine should they be found outside.

No country would quarantine thousands of incoming visitors - none.

Yoi either close your borders or suggest self-isolation.

You only quarantine confirmed cases.

Oga go read the news. South Africa did not even allow a plane from the US into the arrival terminal, the ENTIRE plane was diverted to a distant hangar, all US citizens on board were rejected entry.
IF YOU ALLOW PEOPLE FROM ENDEMIC AREAS IN YOU SHOULD QUARANTINE THEM FOR 14 DAYS. OR TEST EVERYONE AND ONLY ALLOW THE HEALTHY ONES GO. AT THE HEIGHT OF THE CHINESE CRISIS, EVERYONE WAS TESTED O. GOOGLE IT. AT THAT SAME PERIOD, NIGERIA WAS ALLOWING EVERYONE IN. ALMOST SEEMS THEY WANTED CORONA AT ALL COSTS.
Re: LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus by DCmonster: 7:28am On Mar 22, 2020
post=87653160:
Guys, try as much as you can to STOP politicizing this deadly Coronavirus issue, as PDP as laid the foudation.

This is not what we want in our darling nation presently.

Use your brains and stay SAFE.

Coronavirus will not be any of your portion in life.

Be wise!
What has PDP and politics got to do with this thread? I am not sure if you are mentally ok.

3 Likes

Re: LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus by 24SEVEN: 7:35am On Mar 22, 2020
Hotfreez:

If my post is too difficult for your brain to comprehend, how is that my concern?
Go and look for less-intelligent posts which you can easily understand.

Thrash!!!
Re: LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus by Hotfreez: 7:47am On Mar 22, 2020
What is your brain full of?

24SEVEN:

Thrash!!!

1 Like

Re: LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus by blowjohn(m): 7:49am On Mar 22, 2020
voltron14:

Is there any country in which people are tested on arrival?

See, even the ships that that r on sea right now r all under quarantine.
Any plane that lands in any western country now is quarantined.
Either that or the plane doesn't land at all.
I dont know what is wrong with this country.
Every idiot and fool running away from the UK should BE BUNDLED AWAY AND QUARANTINED.
WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?
AND WHERE THE HECK IS THE VP? I HAVENT HEARD A WORD FROM HIM.
WHAT THE HECK IS THE MINISTER OF HEALTH DOING? OS IT THAT WE DONT HAVE THE CAPACITY TO FORCEFULLY QUARANTINE THESE GOATS?

Omo these people dey make me vex oooo

1 Like

Re: LASG: Passengers On March 18 BA And KLM Flights Exposed To Coronavirus by sodiqapril(m): 7:50am On Mar 22, 2020
TTsephanyah:
[s][/s]
Both of you are bed of the same feathers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

304 New COVID-19 Cases, 242 Discharged And 14 Deaths On August 4 -(15,088 Test) / Lady Who Lost Her Hand In An Accident Shares Amazing Photos After Recuperation / Burnt victims transported in a bus without any medical (graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.