Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,452 members, 7,819,665 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

Workers’ Salaries In Jeopardy As Oil Price Tumbles Again - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Workers’ Salaries In Jeopardy As Oil Price Tumbles Again (42594 Views)

2023: Umahi’s Senatorial Ambition In Jeopardy As Other Contenders Sue / Ganduje/Sanusi Reconciliation In Jeopardy As Governor Jets Out To Saudi Arabia / 2019 General Elections In Jeopardy As Card Reader Loses Out To Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Workers’ Salaries In Jeopardy As Oil Price Tumbles Again by SaintLucia: 8:07am On Mar 22, 2020
I was in Ibadan yesterday afternoon , the people of Ibadan are saying Seyi ati currency ti koba wa o pelu corona. At seyi si?

2 Likes

Re: Workers’ Salaries In Jeopardy As Oil Price Tumbles Again by iammo(m): 8:08am On Mar 22, 2020
grossintel:
I guess you and your master are too dump to realise a day like this will come when oil will be worth nothing, Covid19 or not the world is going green godamit! Cars moving to electric, Nigerian's where screaming diversify the economy, your master and NNPC are busy wasting billions of dollars in the north in search of oil. When it drops to $10 you'll see next level suffering. Only people earning in dollars will be better off.

Mr man green cars doesn't cut crude usage, as crude has many other derivatives other than petrols (fertilizers, plastic, aviation fuel, diesel , gas etc) even electricity to power the so called green cars would be gotten by gas fired plants

3 Likes

Re: Workers’ Salaries In Jeopardy As Oil Price Tumbles Again by Okoroawusa: 8:08am On Mar 22, 2020
grossintel:
I guess you and your master are too dump to realise a day like this will come when oil will be worth nothing, Covid19 or not the world is going green godamit! Cars moving to electric, Nigerian's where screaming diversify the economy, your master and NNPC are busy wasting billions of dollars in the north in search of oil. When it drops to $10 you'll see next level suffering. Only people earning in dollars will be better off.
You don't have any point.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Workers’ Salaries In Jeopardy As Oil Price Tumbles Again by Nobody: 8:09am On Mar 22, 2020
If the government of Nigeria is really serious to really protect the citizens then all capital projects should be suspended indefinitely, the politicians' humongous salaries should be pruned down to at least 50% of their earlier pay from Federal to local govt. Agricultural sector of the country should be boosted in all ramifications to prevent hunger.

3 Likes

Re: Workers’ Salaries In Jeopardy As Oil Price Tumbles Again by PS712: 8:09am On Mar 22, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:
We are going to drink our crude oil las las.

Workers should be paid with crude oil in jerricans and allowed to go look for buyers individually.
Re: Workers’ Salaries In Jeopardy As Oil Price Tumbles Again by MisDzoi: 8:10am On Mar 22, 2020
You people fought GEJ because our excess crude account now u will at for it...more woes and hunger looming
Re: Workers’ Salaries In Jeopardy As Oil Price Tumbles Again by SoNature(m): 8:10am On Mar 22, 2020
HabuD:
Nigeria's problems could have been easily solved if the huge cost of governance would have been cut, and government was prudent enough and not as nepotistic as it is now, to bring in technocrats who could help in diversifying their earnings away from crude oil.

U want them to reduce their salaries whereas they have spent billions of naira just to get people to vote for them.

You guys are jokers!

They must recoup their money.

The cycle must continue until Nigerians have sense.
Re: Workers’ Salaries In Jeopardy As Oil Price Tumbles Again by Nobody: 8:10am On Mar 22, 2020
iammo:

Mr man green cars doesn't cut crude usage, as crude has many other derivatives other than petrols (fertilizers, plastic, aviation fuel, diesel , gas etc) even electricity to power the so called green cars would be gotten by gas fired plants
Uh shutup, y'all keep talking nonsense without any research. Even the first plane to run on electricity is currently being tested.

3 Likes

Re: Workers’ Salaries In Jeopardy As Oil Price Tumbles Again by Smartfix: 8:11am On Mar 22, 2020
Yenefer:
they don't have anything reasonable to comment as of this time. They will going to modify it into rubbish. Everyone is addicted to Attention including me. The world of dopamine addiction.
This is uncalled for! You need to learn to respect other people, especially on a public forum like this. After all nobody stopped you from commenting first. And please stay off my mention. You can still post your drivel without involving others in your buffoonery.
Re: Workers’ Salaries In Jeopardy As Oil Price Tumbles Again by adeyinkaazeez(m): 8:13am On Mar 22, 2020
Where is economy diversification policy of this administration since 2015?
Re: Workers’ Salaries In Jeopardy As Oil Price Tumbles Again by Reference(m): 8:13am On Mar 22, 2020
Covid pandemic restructuring is inevitable since political restructuring is unacceptable.
Re: Workers’ Salaries In Jeopardy As Oil Price Tumbles Again by iammo(m): 8:14am On Mar 22, 2020
grossintel:
Uh shutup, y'all keep talking nonsense without any research.

you sound not too educated, transport means logistic, movement of goods and people, so Aviation and shipping are part of transport... infact diesel we burn shipping goods and Jet1 fuel we burn flying planes are far enough to drown effect of petrol cars, even road transport major bulk goes to haulage and diesel used by trailers

1 Like

Re: Workers’ Salaries In Jeopardy As Oil Price Tumbles Again by Eteka1(m): 8:14am On Mar 22, 2020
grossintel:
Is it possible to diversify the economy overnight?

Your masters were in power for 16 good years and yet your hypocrisy will not let you call them out for the failure.

This present Government has been doing all it can to diversify the economy by boosting the agricultural sector. But people like you have been at the forefront of trying to impede the effort.

And before I forget, how can someone be "dump"?
Re: Workers’ Salaries In Jeopardy As Oil Price Tumbles Again by Yenefer(f): 8:15am On Mar 22, 2020
Smartfix:
This is uncalled for! You need to learn to respect other people, especially on a public forum like this. After all nobody stopped you from commenting first. And please stay off my mention. You can still post your drivel without involving others in your buffoonery.
chill my windscreen is cracked my location is Abuja
Re: Workers’ Salaries In Jeopardy As Oil Price Tumbles Again by slimanyd: 8:16am On Mar 22, 2020
Re: Workers’ Salaries In Jeopardy As Oil Price Tumbles Again by Meritocracy: 8:17am On Mar 22, 2020
I think the total contribution of oil in the budget is not up to 3trillion, to be sincere with ourselves on 2.2 million barrel per day at $20 at exchange rate of #380, how much is #3trillion we could not get in a year if we block the leakage. Corruption is killing Nigeria not Coronavirus.

1 Like

Re: Workers’ Salaries In Jeopardy As Oil Price Tumbles Again by tunashg: 8:19am On Mar 22, 2020
since nigeria fully depends on the money made from crude oil to fund the budget and as refused to invest in other sectors to boost the nation's revenue generation , let us all prepare for the worse cos recession is looming..let us all prepare to practice our forefathers profession(farming) in order to survive..God help us all
Re: Workers’ Salaries In Jeopardy As Oil Price Tumbles Again by Nobody: 8:22am On Mar 22, 2020
iammo:

you sound not too educated, transport means logistic, movement of goods and people, so Aviation and shipping are part of transport... infact diesel we burn shipping goods and Jet1 fuel we burn flying planes are far enough to drown effect of petrol cars
You sound blind and dumb, can't you see the statistics of oil consumption I uploaded, road transportation alone takes 48℅ of that money. That's almost half! Do you know what impact that could translate to? It could cut the current price of crude oil drastically. If you don't have anything to say please don't mention me again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwHN6QQWv2g

1 Like

Re: Workers’ Salaries In Jeopardy As Oil Price Tumbles Again by larot78: 8:24am On Mar 22, 2020
And Mr man who is to be blamed for that..
iammo:
cool

if you call yourself a worker and you have to wait for Oil price before earning salary then you aint economically feasible, and contribute zero to our GDP

*If you call yourself an engineer with the Ministry of Works and Housing yet all construction contracts goes to the Chinese Civil Construction Company then you don't deserve any kobo as salary

*If you work for Ministry of Water resources and yet you hope to collect salary without providing solutions to water crisis then collecting salary is a sin

*If you are a Medical Doctor, Nurse , Caregiver , Health worker under Nigerian Ministry of Health yet your Hospital has more death ratio than healing ratio then you aint supposed to earn anything

* If you work for NTA , Radio Nigeria and have DSTV and Startimes at home then lets face fact you don't deserve the salary you earn

Re: Workers’ Salaries In Jeopardy As Oil Price Tumbles Again by DAVE5(m): 8:28am On Mar 22, 2020
Humphrizy:
Wahala dey ooh...we gat zero managerial factor(s) in this country.

I just don't know wether we are moving forward or backwards in dx country...e go better e go better..things just dey get worse on a daily.

Who did we actually offend?

The country matter tire all of us
Re: Workers’ Salaries In Jeopardy As Oil Price Tumbles Again by iammo(m): 8:29am On Mar 22, 2020
grossintel:
You sound blind and dump, can't you see the statistics of oil consumption I unloaded, road transportation alone takes 48℅ of that money. That's almost half! Do you know what impact that could translate to? It could cut the current price of crude oil drastically. If you don't have anything to say please don't mention me again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwHN6QQWv2g

transport means Haulage (trailer transport using diesel) train (using diesel) Metro buses (using diesel) heavy duty construction vehicle (using diesel)
Re: Workers’ Salaries In Jeopardy As Oil Price Tumbles Again by iammo(m): 8:30am On Mar 22, 2020
larot78:
And Mr man who is to be blamed for that..

the post isn't about trading blames, but giving value to the tax payers
Re: Workers’ Salaries In Jeopardy As Oil Price Tumbles Again by Reference(m): 8:32am On Mar 22, 2020
Meritocracy:
I think the total contribution of oil in the budget is not up to 3trillion, to be sincere with ourselves on 2.2 million barrel per day at $20 at exchange rate of #380, how much is #3trillion we could not get in a year if we block the leakage. Corruption is killing Nigeria not Coronavirus.

Ignorant man. 27 dollars is how much is paid for the oil. Production cost: How much it costs to get it from 5,000ft underground into an oil tanker, is above 20 dollars in Nigeria. I don't think this country is presently making a profit on its oil exports just turnover. And we know what happend when you chop your capital.

2 Likes

Re: Workers’ Salaries In Jeopardy As Oil Price Tumbles Again by Nobody: 8:38am On Mar 22, 2020
iammo:

transport means Haulage (trailer transport using diesel) train (using diesel) Metro buses (using diesel) heavy duty construction vehicle (using diesel)
And you think thats never going to happen? Its already here, trains have since switched to electricity so I'm not going to stress that. Here you go:

Electric Trucks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0soMW15Lix4

Electric Bus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruUJly8l5s8

Heavily duty construction vehicle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_97v_pLj6c
Re: Workers’ Salaries In Jeopardy As Oil Price Tumbles Again by APOSTLECHUMA: 8:39am On Mar 22, 2020
LIKE IN NINEVEH IN THE DAYS OF JONAH, THE ONLY WAY OUT OF THIS EPEDEMIC IS TOTAL SHUT-DOWN ON SIN AS WHAT THE WORLD IS WITNESSINGS RIGHT NOW IS JUST THE INTRODUCTORY PART OF THE ENDTIME WOES THAT WILL PLAQUE HUMANITY FOR REJECTING RIGHTEOUSNESS.
Re: Workers’ Salaries In Jeopardy As Oil Price Tumbles Again by Lonelyhrt1(m): 8:42am On Mar 22, 2020
Yenefer:
they don't have anything reasonable to comment as of this time. They will going to modify it into rubbish. Everyone is addicted to Attention including me. The world of dopamine addiction.
You that have something meaningful to comment, comment let's see
Re: Workers’ Salaries In Jeopardy As Oil Price Tumbles Again by bezimo(m): 8:44am On Mar 22, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:

Workers should be paid with crude oil in jerricans and allowed to go look for buyers individually.

You are mad..Bahahaha grin grin Haha you are so mean..jerricans far
Re: Workers’ Salaries In Jeopardy As Oil Price Tumbles Again by showafrica(m): 8:47am On Mar 22, 2020
iammo:
cool

if you call yourself a worker and you have to wait for Oil price before earning salary then you aint economically feasible, and contribute zero to our GDP

*If you call yourself an engineer with the Ministry of Works and Housing yet all construction contracts goes to the Chinese Civil Construction Company then you don't deserve any kobo as salary

*If you work for Ministry of Water resources and yet you hope to collect salary without providing solutions to water crisis then collecting salary is a sin

*If you are a Medical Doctor, Nurse , Caregiver , Health worker under Nigerian Ministry of Health yet your Hospital has more death ratio than healing ratio then you aint supposed to earn anything

* If you work for NTA , Radio Nigeria and have DSTV and Startimes at home then lets face fact you don't deserve the salary you earn

Tell em...i ve said it before, oil need to dry up or become worthless before we can grow as a nation.
Re: Workers’ Salaries In Jeopardy As Oil Price Tumbles Again by gabbasin: 8:52am On Mar 22, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:

;lmao
Re: Workers’ Salaries In Jeopardy As Oil Price Tumbles Again by proudlyafrican1: 8:56am On Mar 22, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:

Re: Workers’ Salaries In Jeopardy As Oil Price Tumbles Again by starstaz(m): 8:57am On Mar 22, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:

I favour this your idea in totality.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

When Senator Magnus Abe Was Shot, Tinubu Was There For Him. See The Picture / President Buhari And The Only Boy Among The Dapchi Girls (Photo) / Nigerian Warships (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.