Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,309 members, 7,822,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

Covid 19: Close Markets; Stop Cash Collection Now - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Covid 19: Close Markets; Stop Cash Collection Now (915 Views)

NAFDAC Raises Alarm Over Circulation Of Fake Dano Milk In Nigerian Markets / Obiano Imposes Curfew On Anambra From America, Threatens To Close Markets / Coronavirus: Wike Reveals Identity Of Rivers Index Case, Close Down Markets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Covid 19: Close Markets; Stop Cash Collection Now by Validated: 7:27am On Mar 22, 2020
On 17th of Narch I practically appealed that our leaders should shut our borders completely. Unfortunately, we allowed two coronavirus laden flights in on 18th. Some "patrototic" Buhaists said our officials are doing better than Europe and America. Well, it is now everywhere and the calamity was let in by our deaf and dumb leaders.

Now that it is already in, my advice is that Lagos, Kano, Abuja and all major cities should be on lockdown NOW! Not tomorrow, but immediately!!!

Secondly, advice people to limit if not possible to stop cash receiipts. COVID 19 is spead through cash notes as we have no coins.

Thirdly, close all markets. Stop bus services. Lockdown everything for next 20 fays for a start.

FEC should declare state of emergency across the country now. This is an airborne disease and let people start practicing social distancing.

Pls you can attack me if you wish, but this is the REALITY of this time. LET PEOPLE STAY AT HOME!
Re: Covid 19: Close Markets; Stop Cash Collection Now by rexlims(m): 7:33am On Mar 22, 2020
Reminds me of series, WALKING DEAD. so we go just wake up one day see say zombies done take over. SCARY MAN
Re: Covid 19: Close Markets; Stop Cash Collection Now by dingbang(m): 7:42am On Mar 22, 2020
We can't close markets na...haba...what would we eat?
Re: Covid 19: Close Markets; Stop Cash Collection Now by Nobody: 7:44am On Mar 22, 2020
Validated:
On 27th of Narch I practically appealed that our leaders should shut our borders completely. Unfortunately, we allowed two coronavirus laden flights in on 18th. Some "patrototic" Buhaists said our officials are doing better than Europe and America. Well, it is now everywhere and the calamity was let in by our deaf and dumb leaders.

Now that it is already in, my advice is that Lagos, Kano, Abuja and all major cities should be on lockdown NOW! Not tomorrow, but immediately!!!

Secondly, advice people to limit if not possible to stop cash receiipts. COVID 19 is spead through cash notes as we have no coins.

Thirdly, close all markets. Stop bus services. Lockdown everything for next 20 fays for a start.

FEC should declare state of emergency across the country now. This is an airborne disease and let people start practicing social distancing.

Pls you can attack me if you wish, but this is the REALITY of this time. LET PEOPLE STAY AT HOME!

That is rubbish and not how decisions are made. We can't just follow other countries' solutions blindly. In the EU, the US, and other more developed economies, people have access to credit for bulk supply purchases. Here what will people eat? Where will sick non coronavirus people get drugs? And you do realise that in urban areas, the only access people have to food and drugs is solely through the markets don't you? Even those without bank accounts have to eat so how do you propose they pay? How many even have the funds to not work for 2 days let alone 20; living as they are; hand to mouth? You want to kill millions of people in a mass starvation drive because of your fear of a flu virus? How many will survive the 20 days on a complete urban lockdown in Nigeria with no access to food or drugs?

Please think of another solution... more deeply this time.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Covid 19: Close Markets; Stop Cash Collection Now by austinsmat(m): 7:50am On Mar 22, 2020
Hmn majority of Nigerians eat on daily hustle, if FG close market hunger will kill more than this covif19. Total lock down is good but no NEPA,filling stations to buy gas or fuel will be close also. God please help the masses our elite don't care fore them.
Re: Covid 19: Close Markets; Stop Cash Collection Now by Hedonisst: 7:55am On Mar 22, 2020
Unfortunately, closing markets and locking down the city is not practicable. Not in Nigeria where most people live hand to mouth, on a day by day basis.

Let the coronavirus kuku kill everybody than for hunger and misery to ravage the land.
Re: Covid 19: Close Markets; Stop Cash Collection Now by bet9ja(m): 8:04am On Mar 22, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

That is rubbish and not how decisions are made. We can't just follow other countries' solutions blindly. In the EU, the US, and other more developed economies, people have access to credit for bulk supply purchases. Here what will people eat? Where will sick non coronavirus people get drugs? And you do realise that in urban areas, the only access people have to food and drugs is solely through the markets don't you? Even those without bank accounts have to eat so how do you propose they pay? How many even have the funds to not work for 2 days let alone 20; living as they are; hand to mouth? You want to kill millions of people in a mass starvation drive because of your fear of a flu virus? How many will survive the 20 days on a complete urban lockdown in Nigeria with no access to food or drugs?

Please think of another solution... more deeply this time.
You are absolutely correct. People in other countries have a relief package from the Government during this trying period. But in Nigeria, majority have been brainwashed to see this nonsense leadership style as the way of life. I am sure by the time hunger and death kicks in (God forbid), they will know the different between file and fali.

1 Like

Re: Covid 19: Close Markets; Stop Cash Collection Now by Nobody: 8:06am On Mar 22, 2020
Validated:
On 17th of Narch I practically appealed that our leaders should shut our borders completely. Unfortunately, we allowed two coronavirus laden flights in on 18th. Some "patrototic" Buhaists said our officials are doing better than Europe and America. Well, it is now everywhere and the calamity was let in by our deaf and dumb leaders.

I see no sense in this post.
Re: Covid 19: Close Markets; Stop Cash Collection Now by Ekejoestar(m): 8:20am On Mar 22, 2020
Non sense post. Pls know that covid-19 can only affect the living not the dead, and again it is survivable it is not a death sentence. Next time use ur thinking faculty.
Re: Covid 19: Close Markets; Stop Cash Collection Now by Validated: 12:44pm On Mar 22, 2020
For all those saying we cannot close markets, I will save this post for your reminder. By April 10th, I hope your perspective will remain the same. LASG have already sanctioned people gathering of over 20, so I am wondering how effective that would be if Oshodi, Odomota and othe big markets will oney such. I wonder how buses will not carry more people already infected. Note that the virus van be with a host for upto 11 days before symptoms begins to manifest at which time it will be diagnosed.
If Nigerians cannot stay home for 20 days, what happens in war time?? For your information, this is a wartime related experience. Better go and buy enough food for your families.
Re: Covid 19: Close Markets; Stop Cash Collection Now by Validated: 1:09pm On Mar 22, 2020
See what Rwanda has just issued.

Re: Covid 19: Close Markets; Stop Cash Collection Now by Validated: 1:10pm On Mar 22, 2020
See what Rwanda has just issued. See #5 especially for all naysayers. This is a nation that understands what a pandemic means.

Re: Covid 19: Close Markets; Stop Cash Collection Now by Nobody: 1:26pm On Mar 22, 2020
OP I think you should travel to those countries practicing total lockdown...which kind advice be this one now. Have u heard of hunger virus,it's more deadly.....Op take a chill pill,no need to cause panic because Nigeria is not ripe for total lockdown. If it happens,hmmm maybe na to dey roast humans chop go remain
Re: Covid 19: Close Markets; Stop Cash Collection Now by Nobody: 1:29pm On Mar 22, 2020
Validated:
For all those saying we cannot close markets, I will save this post for your reminder. By April 10th, I hope your perspective will remain the same. LASG have already sanctioned people gathering of over 20, so I am wondering how effective that would be if Oshodi, Odomota and othe big markets will oney such. I wonder how buses will not carry more people already infected. Note that the virus van be with a host for upto 11 days before symptoms begins to manifest at which time it will be diagnosed.
If Nigerians cannot stay home for 20 days, what happens in war time?? For your information, this is a wartime related experience. Better go and buy enough food for your families.
Those countries you are asking us to copy have palliative measures put in place,they are very organized in doing things. Please stop creating panic here. I fear hunger pass coronavirus
Re: Covid 19: Close Markets; Stop Cash Collection Now by Nobody: 1:31pm On Mar 22, 2020
Ekejoestar:
Non sense post. Pls know that covid-19 can only affect the living not the dead, and again it is survivable it is not a death sentence. Next time use ur thinking faculty.
No mind am, just creating panic up and down
Re: Covid 19: Close Markets; Stop Cash Collection Now by Amhappy(f): 7:19pm On Mar 22, 2020
We pray it doesn't reach there. If the spread continue with high death rate a lock down will be enforced and that will be horrible
Re: Covid 19: Close Markets; Stop Cash Collection Now by Validated: 11:22pm On Mar 23, 2020
Ekejoestar:
I hope you are finally getting some sense about COVID 19. I read your post about you needing to be tested. Welcome to reality. Shit is hitting fan fast.

(1) (Reply)

Female Circumcision (female Genital Mutilation) / Any Dentist Here? Pls Help / Cancer On The Loose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.