Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,909 members, 7,817,683 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Corona Virus; A Plague To Humanity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Corona Virus; A Plague To Humanity (168 Views)

Pope Condemns Gossip, Describes It As A "Plague Worse Than COVID" / Winners Chapel: We Have Received 36 Testimonies Of Healing Of Coronavirus Plague / Coronavirus: Pastor Poju Oyemade's 2019 Prophecy Of An Unstoppable Plague (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Corona Virus; A Plague To Humanity by martinzkingin: 9:12am On Mar 22, 2020
Corona Virus: A plague to Humanity

Martins A.F Adedeji
2 Chronicles 713-14.
#state_of_mind

When approaching 2Chronicles 7:13-14, one must first consider the immediate context. After Solomon dedicated the temple, the Lord appeared to him and gave him some warnings and reassurances. “The Lord appeared to him at night and said: ‘I have heard your prayer and have chosen this place for myself as a temple for sacrifices.’ When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague among my people, if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.”

No doubt Solomon would have recognized this warning as a reiteration of Deuteronomy 28. God had entered into a covenant with Israel and promised to take care of them and cause them to prosper as long as they obeyed him. He also promised to bring curses upon them if they failed to obey. Because of the covenant relationship, there was a direct correspondence between their obedience and their prosperity, and their disobedience and their hardship. Deuteronomy 28 spells out the blessings for obedience and the curses for disobedience. Again, divine blessing and divine punishment on Israel were conditional on their obedience or disobedience.

Our nation is obviously sick and in sin. Democratic convention(bre it); racial strife(rascism); riots; terrorism(al Qaeda, Boko Haram, all form of insurgency; rising crime rates; extensive drug use; loosening of moral standards; all are symptoms. Where were the peace marchers when Iran,Libya and others were invaded? When the strongest nation in the world cannot pay its debts? The America we presume has one of the most powerful nation on earth owes a high debt.

In conclusion; we need to recognize sin as a national sickness, we have to bring back God to our lives( we took God away from our constitution, our school, our military, almost all our affairs and yet we want him to answer, we are all guilty. We neglected HIM.
We have relied on material resources and human intellectual.
No foul play, lets agree we were wrong. let's pray, let's make HIM the central of our approval. Lets turn back to him, love ourselves or else things can get worse. God just showed us that irrespective of our Religion, Race, Belief and all that. He could just wipe us all off the face of heart. Its not even judgment day, just a plague and we are here.

One of our hymnal say's
Onisegun nla wa nihin,
Jesu abanidaro;
Oro Re mu ni lara da
A! Gbo ohun ti Jesu!

Refrain:
Iro didun lorin Seraf',
Oruko idun ni ahon.
Orin to dun julo ni:
Jesu! Jesu! Jesu!

Verse 3 of it say's

Oruko Re leru mi lo
Ko si oruko miran;
Bokan mi ti n fe lati gbo
Oruko Re 'yebiye.

That is

The great Physician now is near,
The sympathizing Jesus;
He speaks the drooping heart to cheer,
Oh, hear the voice of Jesus.

Sweetest note in seraph song,
Sweetest name on mortal tongue;
Sweetest carol ever sung,
Jesus, blessed Jesus.

V3

His name dispels my guilt and fear,
No other name but Jesus;
Oh, how my soul delights to hear
The charming name of Jesus.

Brethen Acts 3: 14-17

We've denied, rejected and disowned him and now we seek his pardon.
Out of the ignorance of our rulers, we've killed the very source of life and now we need life.
We just want to breathe.

If we turn and plead the Lord, He will hear us.

We can fix the world, its in us.

(1) (Reply)

Corona Time? Confession Time! / As Christians, Which Ordinances Of Men Are We Supposed To Obey? / The Church And Coronavirus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.