Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,211 members, 7,836,022 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

Church Digitalization: How It Started In Nigeria? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Digitalization: How It Started In Nigeria? (218 Views)

T.B Joshua Saga: Wiseman Daniel Speaks About How Trouble Started In Synagogue / What People Don't Understand About Digitalization!!! / See The Oldest Catholic Church In Eastern Nigeria, Started In 1886: Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Church Digitalization: How It Started In Nigeria? by HiztoryBox(m): 10:47am On Mar 22, 2020
I feel the need to address this particular issues because i have seen a lot of younger people on my timeline;giving credit to someone or some people that didn’t deserve it when it comes to having an online church.

The era of church digitalization started with Papa William Kumiyi way back in the 90’s[If i am not wrong]. I can remembered vividly clear as a child,i usually attend most of Deeper Life church programs such evening services,mid week service at Government field,fegge and most of their Easter programs at Comprehensive High school,Owerri road,Onitsha. This is about early 90’s.

Back then,we attended church service via satellite or projectors on the screen thereby connecting to what was happening in the headquarters. Even though,i was a bona fide member of Assemblies of God Church.Attending Deeper life programs back then was an wooo experience. Most of us then didn’t reallyunderstand what all those paparazzi was all about while some church folks criticized the moves back then.

I also enjoyed such virtual fellowship in same manner from other Christian gatherings such as : Winners Chapel,Scripture Union,Watchman not until early 2000’s,when Pastor Chris Oyakilhome started gaining media presence that he brought another dimension to this church digitalization by introducing alot of programs which he ran through his church platforms.Being a regular member of Christ Embassy 1999-2002,i witnessed first hand most of the planning of church programs and events.

Today, Online church is now the bane of the day and you can't afford to lose out as a church or individual. If you don’t embrace it;then you may be losing a larger chuck of your followers.

Dear young people,Church digitalization didn’t start today nether did it start with Pastor Chris Oyakilhome.It have been in existence before some of you were born.

[if you find any of this incorrect,Please come up with your facts to correct me as well.So that we learn together]

#TheMinistryofGsonEbuka

Source >> https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10212335794708914&id=1800901921&comment_id=10212335810269303&notif_id=1584869994343014&notif_t=feed_comment

1 Like

Re: Church Digitalization: How It Started In Nigeria? by pafra(m): 11:15am On Mar 22, 2020
You are wrong. They were using audio cassette then. Remember deeper life ministry were against watching videos then.

I stand to be corrected it was living faith church.
David oyedepo ministry that started live streaming videos in Nigeria.

At the inception of shiloh they discovered that facilities on ground were over stressed in a bid to discouraged members from coming to cannan land Ota, churches of winners became annex of shiloh via live streaming videos.

All vigils are life stream
Re: Church Digitalization: How It Started In Nigeria? by seunlayi(m): 11:54am On Mar 22, 2020
I got saved thru dclm.org (deeperlife website) after downloading a message and listened to it.
Re: Church Digitalization: How It Started In Nigeria? by HiztoryBox(m): 2:18pm On Mar 22, 2020
both of them started it at the same time...I mentioned Winner Chapel in my submission

pafra:
You are wrong. They were using audio cassette then. Remember deeper life ministry were against watching videos then.

I stand to be corrected it was living faith church.
David oyedepo ministry that started live streaming videos in Nigeria.

At the inception of shiloh they discovered that facilities on ground were over stressed in a bid to discouraged members from coming to cannan land Ota, churches of winners became annex of shiloh via live streaming videos.

All vigils are life stream

(1) (Reply)

Where Are Those Pastors Of Moloch's / No Matter How Much You Crush satan / All You Need To Know About Spiritual Husband Or Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.