Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,215 members, 7,818,729 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

Breaking: Ghana Records First Coronavirus Death, Shuts Borders - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Breaking: Ghana Records First Coronavirus Death, Shuts Borders (475 Views)

Ghana Records 1,032 COVID-19 Cases — 10 Days After Lifting Lockdown / Nigeria Reports First Coronavirus Death / Senegal Confirms First Coronavirus Case, Patient Is A French Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking: Ghana Records First Coronavirus Death, Shuts Borders by EBMedia: 10:58am On Mar 22, 2020
A Coronavirus victim has died in Ghana, IgbereTV reports.

The victim, a 61-year-old Lebanese male trader, who resides in Kumasi, was said to be unwell and reported to a health facility with fever (temp 39.4 degrees Celcius), and cough.

His sample tested positive for COVID-19, GhanaWeb reports.

His case, which was the 11th confirmed infection in the country, was reported on Thursday, March 19.

Deputy Health Minister Alex Abban, who confirmed the death, said, “The information I got from the Director-General of the Ghana Health Service is that that person (the Lebanese man) has died. He died today (Saturday).”

Meanwhile, Ghana’s President Nana Akufo-Addo announced the closure of all the country’s borders to human traffic in a televised address on Saturday.

“All our borders, that is, by land, sea and air, will be closed to human traffic for the next two weeks beginning midnight on Sunday,” he said.

Ghana has recorded 21 confirmed cases of COVID-19 as of Saturday.

http://igberetvnews.com/1344526/breaking-ghana-records-first-coronavirus-death-shuts-borders/

Lalasticlala

Re: Breaking: Ghana Records First Coronavirus Death, Shuts Borders by titilala: 10:59am On Mar 22, 2020
Hmm
Re: Breaking: Ghana Records First Coronavirus Death, Shuts Borders by SouthNigerian: 11:00am On Mar 22, 2020
The pandemic is real my people, stock your homes with as much food items you can afford. Government would be forced to close down markets, shopping malls in the coming weeks. Stay safe.

This is the time to be proactive!

A stictch in time saves nine!

Obedience is better than sacrifice!
Re: Breaking: Ghana Records First Coronavirus Death, Shuts Borders by sammyj: 11:02am On Mar 22, 2020
The same country that seriously criticized Nigeria for shutting down her borders sad sad
Re: Breaking: Ghana Records First Coronavirus Death, Shuts Borders by Nwodosis(m): 11:03am On Mar 22, 2020
Theirs has gotten to the visual stage, we are still in Covid-19 audio stage down here.
Re: Breaking: Ghana Records First Coronavirus Death, Shuts Borders by Fasindo: 11:04am On Mar 22, 2020
shocked

Charlie
Re: Breaking: Ghana Records First Coronavirus Death, Shuts Borders by NextD18: 11:04am On Mar 22, 2020
They are not the first to record Corona death case, neither are they the first to close their borders.

So I don't care! And I won't pretend like I care.
Re: Breaking: Ghana Records First Coronavirus Death, Shuts Borders by oluDharay(m): 11:05am On Mar 22, 2020
May the Lord heal the land
Re: Breaking: Ghana Records First Coronavirus Death, Shuts Borders by GamalNasser: 11:05am On Mar 22, 2020
sammyj:
The same country that seriously criticized Nigeria for shutting down her borders sad sad

There is a difference between trade border and travel border but you Buharist can't know that

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ghana Records First Coronavirus Death, Shuts Borders by Tunex252(m): 11:07am On Mar 22, 2020
Damn
Re: Breaking: Ghana Records First Coronavirus Death, Shuts Borders by ExAngel007(f): 11:11am On Mar 22, 2020
very sad
Re: Breaking: Ghana Records First Coronavirus Death, Shuts Borders by Kylekent59: 11:13am On Mar 22, 2020
All these shutting downs would help people's brains get formatted.

By the time corona is done, everyone will remain in sanity.

Your CD4 immune system counts now. The strongest survives.

I observed something yesterday : I took a colourless nylon and placed it closer to my mouth. I talk for about 15 seconds, then I observed that steam rested on the surface of the nylon.

If Coronavirus can be gotten through droplet, then it is possible it could be passed to someone else through talking too close to the person.

Imagine a person talking too close to you, as he talks,invisible steam emanates from his mouth. You that is closer will breath it, which may contain the virus.

Ever wondered why it spread globally.

Social distance is a major key to curbing this virus.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Ghana Records First Coronavirus Death, Shuts Borders by flyinnizam(m): 11:16am On Mar 22, 2020
why not close it since? people take things seriously after someone has died.

(1) (Reply)

Vaccine For Treatment Of Coronavirus Ready Soon - Prof. Iwu / Coronavirus: I have found cure, says Nigerian professor. / Covid19 Vaccines In Africa Is Not Racist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.