Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,788 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

How Reliable Is Audi A4 in Nigeria? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Reliable Is Audi A4 in Nigeria? (5131 Views)

Audi A4 2.0L 05 model Total Restore Engine Rebuild Episode / How Reliable Are Innoson Buses For Transport Business? / This Is Audi's 1st Electric Car,2019 E-tron SUV Will Go 250mi On A Single Charge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Reliable Is Audi A4 in Nigeria? by aminu150(m): 12:11pm On Mar 22, 2020
Please anyone with information on reliability, affordability and availability of spare parts for Audi A4 2012 model in Nigeria? Those who have used it should please educate me because I am thinking of getting one but don't want to buy problem for my self.
Thanks
Re: How Reliable Is Audi A4 in Nigeria? by ExpressBooking(m): 12:28pm On Mar 22, 2020
Get one with a low mileage. I once used one and its a sweet ride. I got the premium plus model. Do well to stay away from unnecessary flood and swamps
Re: How Reliable Is Audi A4 in Nigeria? by aminu150(m): 3:08pm On Mar 22, 2020
ExpressBooking:
Get one with a low mileage. I once used one and its a sweet ride. I got the premium plus model. Do well to stay away from unnecessary flood and swamps
Do you mean flooded cars in the US or swamps here in Nigeria?
Re: How Reliable Is Audi A4 in Nigeria? by lordkenny(m): 3:29pm On Mar 22, 2020
With my experience on Audi A6, I can't advise anyone to go for Audi again except you are 'very rich'

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Reliable Is Audi A4 in Nigeria? by Themandalorian: 8:44pm On Mar 22, 2020
lordkenny:
With my experience on Audi A6, I can't advise anyone to go for Audi again except you are 'very rich'
Or you have a good and qualified mechanic. It's not rocket science sir.

3 Likes

Re: How Reliable Is Audi A4 in Nigeria? by revilomichaels(m): 9:24pm On Mar 22, 2020
Best Audi that every mechanic can understand us Audi 80

Apart from that, I don’t really know why because Audi is a German machine but it’s not blending well with Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: How Reliable Is Audi A4 in Nigeria? by ExpressBooking(m): 10:14pm On Mar 22, 2020
lordkenny:

The Audi A6 you must be talking about is a V6 3.0TFSI I guess. Well there is a an A6 with 2.0TFSI 4 cylinder engine that you find on A4 and Volkswagen passat also. I enjoyed my Audi A4 so much that someone bought it off me while I was still enjoying it. The parts and technicians plenty for Iyana Itire

2 Likes

Re: How Reliable Is Audi A4 in Nigeria? by ExpressBooking(m): 10:15pm On Mar 22, 2020
aminu150:

Do you mean flooded cars in the US or swamps here in Nigeria?

I mean water and swamp here
Re: How Reliable Is Audi A4 in Nigeria? by aminu150(m): 10:47pm On Mar 22, 2020
ExpressBooking:

I mean water and swamp here
Thanks for the testimony. Which A4 model did you use? The one I am eyeing is the 2012 model
Re: How Reliable Is Audi A4 in Nigeria? by ExpressBooking(m): 11:08am On Mar 23, 2020
aminu150:

Thanks for the testimony. Which A4 model did you use? The one I am eyeing is the 2012 model

Mine was 2012 Audi A4 Premium Plus
Re: How Reliable Is Audi A4 in Nigeria? by tjazz4(m): 11:34am On Mar 23, 2020
Audi and VW cars can run you crazy, they are awesome cars before the fault starts, but when it does, can be frustrating and drain your pockets. please weigh your options carefully. Took me well over 6 months to get a buyer for my used 2012 A4 Quattro.
Re: How Reliable Is Audi A4 in Nigeria? by easytig(m): 12:23pm On Mar 23, 2020
the fuel sold in filling station in naija doesnt blend well with audi brand so therefore be ready for incessant mechanical issues due to our not so good pms.that a major reason audi no yapa for our roads like their asian rivals whose cars can tolerate bad fuel
Re: How Reliable Is Audi A4 in Nigeria? by ExpressBooking(m): 1:45pm On Mar 23, 2020
easytig:
the fuel sold in filling station in naija doesnt blend well with audi brand so therefore be ready for incessant mechanical issues due to our not so good pms.that a major reason audi no yapa for our roads like their asian rivals whose cars can tolerate bad fuel

Well said. I forgot to add that I was using one octane booster that someone sells to me

5 Likes

Re: How Reliable Is Audi A4 in Nigeria? by aminu150(m): 2:25pm On Mar 23, 2020
Thanks so much. I can conclude this car Audi A4 2012 is not a car for Nigeria due to the reasons above

5 Likes

Re: How Reliable Is Audi A4 in Nigeria? by dokiOloye(m): 7:16pm On Mar 24, 2020
Saw a sweet 010 A4 in 2016.
Wanted to buy but I advised myself and went for a Merc W204 instead.
Glad I did now,cos I know wetin me and my 01 VW golf IV de go.Car is damn too sophisticated and has too many complex electronics though a sweet car.The handling na die,comparable to only a Merc or Beemer.
I keep wondering what I'd have been passing thru if it were the even more sophisticated Audi 010

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Reliable Is Audi A4 in Nigeria? by orahfrancis(m): 8:02pm On Mar 25, 2020
The car is very very good. But please stay away from American spec buy only europe

2 Likes

Re: How Reliable Is Audi A4 in Nigeria? by EngRichie: 11:16am On Mar 26, 2020
Good responses.
Great cars with advanced engineering. I must say that many mechanics don't understand the system of these cars.
Quality of fuel available in Nigeria is a disaster for these cars and pain for the users.
Using octane booster won't cost more as it causes the engine to burn less fuel.

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Is Audi A4 in Nigeria? by otobong085(m): 10:48pm On Mar 27, 2020
Audi A4 b7 (2.0t Quattro) don show me shege. Once I fix, I sell!
Re: How Reliable Is Audi A4 in Nigeria? by lordkenny(m): 2:52pm On Mar 30, 2020
ExpressBooking:

The Audi A6 you must be talking about is a V6 3.0TFSI I guess. Well there is a an A6 with 2.0TFSI 4 cylinder engine that you find on A4 and Volkswagen passat also. I enjoyed my Audi A4 so much that someone bought it off me while I was still enjoying it. The parts and technicians plenty for Iyana Itire

It would have been sweet if I reside in Lagos or Ibadan, my brother I'm stucked in a bush in Kogi state o and that escalated my woes
Re: How Reliable Is Audi A4 in Nigeria? by Deigofortune: 12:34pm On Apr 06, 2021
Pls what's so special between Audi A4 American spec and Europe spec.. someone should pls enlighten me more on this .. does it have to do with the ruggedity of the Car..?
Re: How Reliable Is Audi A4 in Nigeria? by greatbrian(m): 11:48pm On Apr 08, 2021
aminu150:
Please anyone with information on reliability, affordability and availability of spare parts for Audi A4 2012 model in Nigeria? Those who have used it should please educate me because I am thinking of getting one but don't want to buy problem for my self.
Thanks

Talking from experience its a nice car. Have used an A2, A4 and A6. Currently still have them all. They are all nice cars with a great fuel economy. My advise, fund a better hand to handle em first. A little negligent can lead to you spending a lot. Wasn't around of recent and my cousin drove my A4. Timing belt cut and dude didn't know was still starting the baby till the valve had issues. From that small issue it degenerated to a big one and I can't tell you how much have spent. About the A6, those once do enter limp mode at the shortest unrest so you are safe to a good degree. Just go for it but make sure you van cough out some couple of thousands even without planning. But the car hardly have issues sha. Cheers.
Re: How Reliable Is Audi A4 in Nigeria? by greatbrian(m): 11:49pm On Apr 08, 2021
lordkenny:

Bro that's not true. No car is bad we only have bad drivers and handlers. I use an Audi as a matter of fact all my life have been Audi's and the only regret I have are the lessons I learnt. And Audi hardly have mechanical issues unless abused.

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Is Audi A4 in Nigeria? by greatbrian(m): 11:51pm On Apr 08, 2021
aminu150:

Great choice bro. Presently have a 2008 A4. 2010 A6. 2000 A2 and am planning on the S8 before the end of the year if Jesus tarries. I love the body of the 2012 though
Re: How Reliable Is Audi A4 in Nigeria? by greatbrian(m): 11:53pm On Apr 08, 2021
ExpressBooking:

Well said. I forgot to add that I was using one octane booster that someone sells to me

You mind recommending the plug?
Re: How Reliable Is Audi A4 in Nigeria? by Kewtt: 6:16pm On Apr 09, 2021
greatbrian:

Bro that's not true. No car is bad we only have bad drivers and handlers. I use an Audi as a matter of fact all my life have been Audi's and the only regret I have are the lessons I learnt. And Audi hardly have mechanical issues unless abused.
There are bad cars.

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Is Audi A4 in Nigeria? by Deigofortune: 6:42pm On Apr 09, 2021
Bro! maintenance on Audi Car is it really that Expensive, too worry about..?

greatbrian:

Great choice bro. Presently have a 2008 A4. 2010 A6. 2000 A2 and am planning on the S8 before the end of the year if Jesus tarries. I love the body of the 2012 though
Re: How Reliable Is Audi A4 in Nigeria? by harqinhola(m): 3:09pm On Mar 11, 2023
have a Nigerian used Audi A4 2008/09 model .

Engine - 70%
Body - 80%
Ac. - 90%

Defects
Needs servicing
Minor body work (first body)
Shock absorbers
Battery replacement

PRICE - 1.1 m

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Reliable Is Audi A4 in Nigeria? by zoedew: 6:41am On Mar 16, 2023
DONT GO NEAR THAT CAR UNLESS YOU HAVE A DEEP POCKET AND YOU HAVE OTHER CARS IN YOUR GARAGE. VERY EXPENSIVE TO MAINTAIN. NOT VERSATILE. CANT GO EVERYWHERE. FLOOD NA WAHALA AND THE ELECTRONICS ANOTHER STORY ALTOGETHER.
Re: How Reliable Is Audi A4 in Nigeria? by Maxilight: 7:05pm On Mar 20, 2023
πŸƒπŸƒπŸƒπŸƒ
zoedew:
DONT GO NEAR THAT CAR UNLESS YOU HAVE A DEEP POCKET AND YOU HAVE OTHER CARS IN YOUR GARAGE. VERY EXPENSIVE TO MAINTAIN. NOT VERSATILE. CANT GO EVERYWHERE. FLOOD NA WAHALA AND THE ELECTRONICS ANOTHER STORY ALTOGETHER.

(1) (Reply)

I Need An Advice On 2001 Passat 1.8 Turbo Engine / P1663 Fault Code / How Long Can A Car Ac Last When Refilled?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.