Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,427 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

Why Lord Lugard Will Never Make Heaven- PANDEF Chairman - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Lord Lugard Will Never Make Heaven- PANDEF Chairman (1965 Views)

Lord Lugard Footbridge Kaduna: 116 Years After (Photos, Video) / Zungeru Building Where Lord Lugard Signed Nigeria's Amalgamation Lies In Ruins / Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Lord Lugard Will Never Make Heaven- PANDEF Chairman by deji17: 7:47pm On Mar 22, 2020
Osagyefo98:

He is doing the needful for his people. Hypocrites everywhere.
Is he a billionaire yes or no? Why has he not made his people millionaires? Look into the mirror, you will see a hypocrite.
Re: Why Lord Lugard Will Never Make Heaven- PANDEF Chairman by SpecialAdviser(m): 7:48pm On Mar 22, 2020
XANDERBOY85:
Agonising over what happened more than a century ago, without getting off your ass or the fence to effect the necessary changes, would see our children and grandchildren inherit the hell we’re living today!

Fact of the matter is there are presently three groups of actors in this unfolding nightmare that is ‘one Nigeria’:

1) those who’re enjoying or comfortable the statut-quo and are prepared to spill blood to preserve it. This group is championed by the Hausa-Fulani.

2) those who know things are wrong and have to change, but don’t have the interest (for whatever reason) or the balls to get off the fence and effect a *change (*secession from the core muslim north) no matter the cost! This group is championed by the Yoruba and thieving/greedy elite of other ethnicities in the south (including the Igbo)!

3) and those who recognise the need for a *change and are doing something about it...even on pain of death! This group is championed by the Igbo. Honourable mention goes to the likes of Mazi Kanu, IPOB, Sowore, Soyinka, Fela and Fawehinmi!

Great Analysis

2 Likes

Re: Why Lord Lugard Will Never Make Heaven- PANDEF Chairman by Nobody: 7:49pm On Mar 22, 2020
deji17:
Is he a billionaire yes or no? Why has he not made his people millionaires? Look into the mirror, you will see a hypocrite.

Totally Incoherent..
Re: Why Lord Lugard Will Never Make Heaven- PANDEF Chairman by deji17: 7:50pm On Mar 22, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Totally Incoherent..

Thanks.
Re: Why Lord Lugard Will Never Make Heaven- PANDEF Chairman by wirinet(m): 11:18pm On Mar 22, 2020
XANDERBOY85:
Agonising over what happened more than a century ago, without getting off your ass or the fence to effect the necessary changes, would see our children and grandchildren inherit the hell we’re living today!

Fact of the matter is there are presently three groups of actors in this unfolding nightmare that is ‘one Nigeria’:

1) those who’re enjoying or comfortable the statut-quo and are prepared to spill blood to preserve it. This group is championed by the Hausa-Fulani.

2) those who know things are wrong and have to change, but don’t have the interest (for whatever reason) or the balls to get off the fence and effect a *change (*secession from the core muslim north) no matter the cost! This group is championed by the Yoruba and thieving/greedy elite of other ethnicities in the south (including the Igbo)!

3) and those who recognise the need for a *change and are doing something about it...even on pain of death! This group is championed by the Igbo. Honourable mention goes to the likes of Mazi Kanu, IPOB, Sowore, Soyinka, Fela and Fawehinmi!
Please never mention Fela, Soyinka and Gani Fawehinmi in the same sentence as Kanu or IPOB, it's a great insult. These people were way beyond Kanu on the educational, intelligence and bravery levels. Non of the other people insulted any other ethnic tribes in Nigeria. All of them faced their oppressors and fought till the end. Even Fela faced General Buhari at the height of his tyranny and lived to talk about it. He never considered running away.
Most importantly, non of them fought for a dismemberment of the country.

1 Like

Re: Why Lord Lugard Will Never Make Heaven- PANDEF Chairman by XANDERBOY85: 9:16pm On Mar 23, 2020
wirinet:

Please never mention Fela, Soyinka and Gani Fawehinmi in the same sentence as Kanu or IPOB, it's a great insult. These people were way beyond Kanu on the educational, intelligence and bravery levels. Non of the other people insulted any other ethnic tribes in Nigeria. All of them faced their oppressors and fought till the end. Even Fela faced General Buhari at the height of his tyranny and lived to talk about it. He never considered running away.
Most importantly, non of them fought for a dismemberment of the country.

I don't expect an unrepentant 'one Nigerianist' and Igbo hater to see any merit in my assertion! Your anger apparently stems from the fact i dared mention some Yoruba in the same breath as Mazi kanu and IPOB! On what basis are you asserting they're more intelligent, braver and better educated than Mazi Kanu? Did you carry out any tests to arrive at this conclusion....or is posession of academic certificate the only basis for you saying Mazi Kanu can never be paired with the aforementioned Yoruba on any stand, issue or grouping?

If the Yoruba you mentioned are so much better accomplished than Mazi Kanu, care to point out how.....in practical terms? I mean, how their agitations and stand on national issues propelled your 'one Nigeria' to the position that would be preferable to secession?

Not that i owe you any explanation or apology over my stand, but my grouping of the aforementioned into one bracket was based on my belief they didn't bury their heads in the sand in the naive belief that all is hunky-dory with your 'one Nigeria' and that the status-quo doesn't need to change! Of course i know there's a difference in approach and desired outcome between Mazi Kanu and the rest, but nevertheless, its their activism for some sort of change that was being acknowledged!

My post wasn't interested in analysing their individual credentials for canonization as nobody holy pass! Mazi Kanu makes no claim to being a diplomat, and given the leviathan he and IPOB are up against (my initial post listed those either championing it or enabling/tacitly supporting it).......one can excuse his occassional outbursts for which he has already apologised! Far much wose has been said and done to the Igbo nation, yet we've been told to 'move on', so give it a rest!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Tailor Said He Prefers Goodluck Over Buhari / Fayose To Obaseki: PDP Rescued You, Don’t Forsake Party / Latest On Haba Kyari-fbi Hardcopy(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.