Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,560 members, 7,816,360 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

Coronavirus: Oyedepo Attacks Govt Over Closure Of Schools, Malls - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Coronavirus: Oyedepo Attacks Govt Over Closure Of Schools, Malls (5271 Views)

Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches / Bishop Chukwuma: I Didn’t Dare Government Over Closure Of Churches In Enugu / Shiloh 2019: Oyedepo Slams Buhari’s Govt Over "Hate Speech" Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coronavirus: Oyedepo Attacks Govt Over Closure Of Schools, Malls by wwwihy: 1:54pm On Mar 22, 2020
Bishop David Oyedepo, the General Overseer of Living Faith Church, also known as Winners Chapel has criticized the government over the closure of schools in Nigeria.

Most states in Nigeria as at Friday ordered the closure of schools till further notice as the country battles the spread of Coronavirus.

Also, Lagos government cancelled gathering of more than 20 person after new cases were recorded on Saturday bringing a total number of cases in Nigeria to 25.

But, Oyedepo who held a service on Sunday and shunned government directive on religious gatherings, said the closure of schools was not a right decision by government in curbing the spread of Coronavirus.

According to him, the only disease that has no cure is hunger.

Oyedepo said: “May God help our policy makers to make the right decision in finding solution to this scourge called Coronavirus.

“How can you close school and ask them to go home.

“You are sending them for where they are more secured to where they would be exposed to the disease.

“You are sending them away from where they are not more than 20 back home to go and sell pepper for their mothers in the market where there are more people.
You block people from having access to malls in the name of preventing a disease but you don’t know that the only disease that doesn’t have cure is hunger.

“May God help our leaders to make the right decision in search of solution to this pandemic.”

Oyedepo had earlier said the cure for COVID-19 will be out soon and nations will rejoice.

https://dailypost.ng/2020/03/22/coronavirus-oyedepo-attacks-govt-over-closure-of-schools-malls/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Oyedepo Attacks Govt Over Closure Of Schools, Malls by sarrki(m): 1:55pm On Mar 22, 2020
"Obey the government, for God is the One who has put it there. There is no government anywhere that God has not placed in power. So those who refuse to obey the law of the land are refusing to obey God, and punishment will follow."

Romans 13:1-2

Oyedepo is a fraudster

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Oyedepo Attacks Govt Over Closure Of Schools, Malls by Gaddafiyusf(m): 1:56pm On Mar 22, 2020
This man is selfish. Only after his pocket

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Oyedepo Attacks Govt Over Closure Of Schools, Malls by TheFreeOne: 2:06pm On Mar 22, 2020
Just imagine dis kinda talk angry

When we say most of these guys are pastorpreneurs and wolves in sheepskin some of their sheeples call us names.

SMH

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Oyedepo Attacks Govt Over Closure Of Schools, Malls by tinsel: 2:06pm On Mar 22, 2020
Gaddafiyusf:
Some idiots will come here to defend him.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Oyedepo Attacks Govt Over Closure Of Schools, Malls by wwwihy: 2:08pm On Mar 22, 2020
TheFreeOne:
When we say most of these guys are pastorpreneurs and wolves in sheepskin some of their sheeples call us names.
They dont even have interest and safety of their members at hearts

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Oyedepo Attacks Govt Over Closure Of Schools, Malls by nairacash: 2:10pm On Mar 22, 2020
Gaddafiyusf:

The first place to be shut down should be the Senate, the Houses of Reps and Houses of Assembly. Government offices should be shut down too.

To me, Children are safer in schools for now than in homes.

What about the buses..?

Bishop I totally support you on this one.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Oyedepo Attacks Govt Over Closure Of Schools, Malls by Yenefer(f): 2:11pm On Mar 22, 2020
This what I'm saying
Re: Coronavirus: Oyedepo Attacks Govt Over Closure Of Schools, Malls by iammo(m): 2:12pm On Mar 22, 2020
cool

this scumbarg called Oyedepo grew up a muslim in Kwara State, now he is more christian than the isrealites or the romans

and since he told people to violate NCDC instruction because of hunger i hope he wouldnt be an hypocrite and open himself to people without body guards

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Oyedepo Attacks Govt Over Closure Of Schools, Malls by otipoju(m): 2:13pm On Mar 22, 2020
I am sorry and I am a devoted Christian but Oyedepo talk is disappointing.

Only the living can praise God and God does not live inside the Church. He is everywhere and can be worshipped at anytime.

If there is a highly infectious disease ravaging the planet
that has no known cure,the only wise thing to do is to take reasonable steps to limit its spread.

Oyedepo has a responsibility to protect his sheep and today he failed in this regard. Stay at home is not a directive not to worship God is it?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Oyedepo Attacks Govt Over Closure Of Schools, Malls by potent5(m): 2:15pm On Mar 22, 2020
Please, stop lying to yourself. Children are safer at home than at school. Any parents that decide to have their children on the streets selling pepper are on their own and should be arrested immediately.
nairacash:

The first place to be shut down should be the Senate, the Houses of Reps and Houses of Assembly. Government offices should be shut down too.

What about the buses..?

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Oyedepo Attacks Govt Over Closure Of Schools, Malls by Fragility6: 2:34pm On Mar 22, 2020
tinsel:

Some idiots will come here to defend him.
Atleast we are defending something. Do you even know were you stand?

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Oyedepo Attacks Govt Over Closure Of Schools, Malls by seunlayi(m): 2:35pm On Mar 22, 2020
Our govt caused this
Re: Coronavirus: Oyedepo Attacks Govt Over Closure Of Schools, Malls by Fragility6: 2:36pm On Mar 22, 2020
otipoju:
I am sorry and I am a devoted Christian but Oyedepo talk is disappointing.

Only the living can praise God and God does not live inside the Church. He is everywhere and can be worshipped at anytime.

If there is a highly infectious disease in town that has no known cure,the only wise thing to do is to take reasonable steps to limit its spread.

Oyedepo has a responsibility to protect his sheep and today he failed in this regard. Stay at home.
Ebola dat was far deadly n more contagious didn't require closure of schools so Mr 'Christain' hw does diz case require shutting down systems.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Oyedepo Attacks Govt Over Closure Of Schools, Malls by comradewanle(m): 2:37pm On Mar 22, 2020
nairacash:

What about the buses..?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Oyedepo Attacks Govt Over Closure Of Schools, Malls by Nobody: 2:52pm On Mar 22, 2020
It will never be well with all this Islamist on this forum insulting Papa

Was there any mosque in Nigeria that shut its door last Friday?

May it never be well with you people insulting all the men of God in Nigeria

You all will never move forward in life and may all your life be cut shut at your prime

May sudden death locate you’ll that type insult on the man of God on this forum, twitter and Facebook. May all your lives be cut short in accidents and your bodies will be displayed on this forum and all internet sites before this year ends

If I be a Man of God!

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Oyedepo Attacks Govt Over Closure Of Schools, Malls by lastmessenger: 2:56pm On Mar 22, 2020
sarrki:
"Obey the government, for God is the One who has put it there. There is no government anywhere that God has not placed in power. So those who refuse to obey the law of the land are refusing to obey God, and punishment will follow."

Oyedepo is a fraudster
but what we have in Nigeria is not a government. What we have is a cabal of selfish men who are purely out to subjugate others to their useless way of life.
And pmb is the greatest scam of the Century. Making a lifeless man the president of living people is too difficult for me to understand.
Re: Coronavirus: Oyedepo Attacks Govt Over Closure Of Schools, Malls by seunmsg(m): 2:59pm On Mar 22, 2020
Oyedepo has always been a greedy fool with an overinflated sense of self importance so this is not surprising. I knew idiots like him would flaunt the social distancing order.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Oyedepo Attacks Govt Over Closure Of Schools, Malls by Nobody: 3:01pm On Mar 22, 2020
Avoid churches run by west...it is simply a business enterprise and doesn't have the congregation at heart.

They are just business men and women on the altar.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Oyedepo Attacks Govt Over Closure Of Schools, Malls by Legitz: 3:03pm On Mar 22, 2020
Mishael42019:
It will never be well with all this Islamist on this forum insulting Papa

Was there any mosque in Nigeria that shut its door last Friday?

May it never be well with you people insulting all the men of God in Nigeria

You all will never move forward in life and may all your life be cut shut at your prime

May sudden death locate you’ll that type insult on the man of God on this forum, twitter and Facebook. May all your lives be cut short in accidents and your bodies will be displayed on this forum and all internet sites before this year ends

If I be a Man of God!
coming from a child of God and Christlike in character? You need mental help, meanwhile, winners church in US & UK are locked by complying with the order of US and UK government, but here in 9ja they are disobeying order and telling sheaples to fear not but couldn't do the same in Thier branch in UK & US

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Oyedepo Attacks Govt Over Closure Of Schools, Malls by tinsel: 3:05pm On Mar 22, 2020
Fragility6:

Atleast we are defending something. Do you even know were you stand?
See me see trouble. So you are among the idiots?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Oyedepo Attacks Govt Over Closure Of Schools, Malls by sarrki(m): 3:09pm On Mar 22, 2020
lastmessenger:
but what we have in Nigeria is not a government. What we have is a cabal of selfish men who are purely out to subjugate others to their useless way of life.

God words can’t be changed on personal opinion

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Oyedepo Attacks Govt Over Closure Of Schools, Malls by Nobody: 3:11pm On Mar 22, 2020
Legitz:
coming from a child of God and Christlike in character? You need mental help, meanwhile, winners church in US & UK are locked by complying with the order of UK and UK government, but here in 9ja they are disobeying order and telling sheaples to fear not but couldn't do the same in Thier branch in UK & US
evil kingdom of Saudi Arabia shut their shrine for your likes why didn’t your mosque in Nigeria locked it’s door just last Friday?

The church will march on and the gate of hell can not prevail

Your likes and those useless atheist on this forum are quick to attack Christianity, the man called daddy freeze has been insulting men of God but he was offered some money to insult Islam or their prophet he chickened out

I want you to know don’t take our love and humbleness for granted

God has given prophets in this world to speak fire

And I’m telling you as a prophet of fire if you’re among those that just insulted the man of God on this thread you’ll meet your end before this year ends go mark it on the wall

If I be a man of God!
Re: Coronavirus: Oyedepo Attacks Govt Over Closure Of Schools, Malls by socialmediaman: 3:11pm On Mar 22, 2020
Re: Coronavirus: Oyedepo Attacks Govt Over Closure Of Schools, Malls by AroleOduduwa2: 3:12pm On Mar 22, 2020
This is wrong, he is a man of God, his main priority should be saving lives

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Oyedepo Attacks Govt Over Closure Of Schools, Malls by chozzy: 3:15pm On Mar 22, 2020
TheFreeOne:
Just imagine dis kinda talk angry

SMH

He has a point.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Oyedepo Attacks Govt Over Closure Of Schools, Malls by YorubaKinging: 3:16pm On Mar 22, 2020
Ok
Re: Coronavirus: Oyedepo Attacks Govt Over Closure Of Schools, Malls by Sokosuji: 3:16pm On Mar 22, 2020
sarrki:

Oyedepo is a fraudster
this guy is unstable cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Oyedepo Attacks Govt Over Closure Of Schools, Malls by Sammyl93(m): 3:17pm On Mar 22, 2020
wwwihy:

They dont even have interest and safety of their members at hearts
That's stupid is he right or wrong US government are paying people to stay at home you want me to leave my church, school, market and stay at home will you feed me.which government the insensitive government that refused to address it's citizens for God knows how long

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Oyedepo Attacks Govt Over Closure Of Schools, Malls by sarrki(m): 3:18pm On Mar 22, 2020
Sokosuji:
this guy is unstable cheesy
0tonds what do you mean by that?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

This Happened In Isreal / Chinese Language Unmasks A Startling Discovery Of The Truths Of Genesis / Apostle Peter And The Principle Of Inclusivity Via Exclusivity Or The Remnant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.