Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Why Is The Grand Mosque In Mecca Closed Down Because Of Coronavirus? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Is The Grand Mosque In Mecca Closed Down Because Of Coronavirus? (2464 Views)

Photos Of Newly Built Mosque In Enugu State / "Somebody Touched My Bumps And Squeezed In Mecca " - Scottish Lady On Twitter / Pretty Nigerian Lady Dies In Mecca After Completing Her Pilgrimage. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is The Grand Mosque In Mecca Closed Down Because Of Coronavirus? by tintingz(m): 5:05pm On Mar 22, 2020
Why are mosques closed down in Saudi Arabia?

The grand mosque in Mecca where the Kaaba is is closed down because of a virus, I thought Allah is the most powerful and all-knowing?

In addition, the mosque in Medinah which is the Prophet's mosque is also closed down.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is The Grand Mosque In Mecca Closed Down Because Of Coronavirus? by omoiyamayor(m): 5:27pm On Mar 22, 2020
So you are saying God is not powerful or in your head Allah means something else?
Re: Why Is The Grand Mosque In Mecca Closed Down Because Of Coronavirus? by ibsaq(m): 5:45pm On Mar 22, 2020
Allamdullillah for being a Muslim
a religious that guides us on every life aspect.
we Muslim believe that Allah is testing our faith with this pandemic.
And the teachings of our greatest prophet peace been upon him say when ever there is a pandemic no one should leave that place ( i.e don't run away because you may not know you have it or not) nor he should enter. i.e on daily basis Muslims from all over the globe are constantly entering into the masjid then we look at above teaching to restrict access of the masjid to people healthy there.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is The Grand Mosque In Mecca Closed Down Because Of Coronavirus? by budaatum: 6:05pm On Mar 22, 2020
tintingz:
Why are mosques close down in Saudi Arabia?

The grand mosque in Mecca where the Kaaba is is close down because of a virus, I thought Allah is the most powerful and all-knowing?
That's why the mosque is closed. Because Allah is "the most powerful and all-knowing".

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Grand Mosque In Mecca Closed Down Because Of Coronavirus? by Origin(f): 7:34pm On Mar 22, 2020
Because you tie your � camel then pray to God that it is not stolen.

Take precautions and pray. That is the rule of Islam.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Grand Mosque In Mecca Closed Down Because Of Coronavirus? by hakeemhakeem(m): 8:38pm On Mar 22, 2020
Truly ignorance is diseases,this is not the first disease in the world and it's won't be the last since we won't stop inventions and others related research. I knew you have Islam phobia disease but the only cure is to get knowledge of Islam am not saying you should practice it.this convid 19 is even small when the end time is closer,some scary animals will still appears just like those Hollywood movie with giant creation. Islam thought us when something like convid 19 comes up we should quarantine ourselves from the affected areas
Re: Why Is The Grand Mosque In Mecca Closed Down Because Of Coronavirus? by lanrexlan(m): 9:45pm On Mar 22, 2020
tintingz:

The grand mosque in Mecca where the Kaaba is is close down because of a virus, I thought Allah is the most powerful and all-knowing?

C'mon, you can do better than this!

3 Likes

Re: Why Is The Grand Mosque In Mecca Closed Down Because Of Coronavirus? by LordReed(m): 10:02pm On Mar 22, 2020
LMFAO! The good thing is they are being practical not waiting for audio god to come and save them. However it does show that prayer cannot witstand the harsh realities of life.

EDIT: change food to good.

6 Likes

Re: Why Is The Grand Mosque In Mecca Closed Down Because Of Coronavirus? by tintingz(m): 10:06pm On Mar 22, 2020
omoiyamayor:
So you are saying God is not powerful or in your head Allah means something else?

Allah can't fight a virus, washing your hands will do.

Covidullah Akbar!
Re: Why Is The Grand Mosque In Mecca Closed Down Because Of Coronavirus? by tintingz(m): 10:09pm On Mar 22, 2020
ibsaq:
Allamdullillah for being a Muslim
a religious that guides us on every life aspect.
we Muslim believe that Allah is testing our faith with this pandemic.
And the teachings of our greatest prophet peace been upon him say when ever there is a pandemic no one should leave that place ( i.e don't run away because you may not know you have it or not) nor he should enter. i.e on daily basis Muslims from all over the globe are constantly entering into the masjid then we look at above teaching to restrict access of the masjid to people healthy there.
So Allah caused the virus?
Re: Why Is The Grand Mosque In Mecca Closed Down Because Of Coronavirus? by tintingz(m): 10:11pm On Mar 22, 2020
budaatum:

That's why the mosque is closed. Because Allah is "the most powerful and all-knowing".
How is the image attached relate to this thread?
Re: Why Is The Grand Mosque In Mecca Closed Down Because Of Coronavirus? by tintingz(m): 10:13pm On Mar 22, 2020
Origin:
Because you tie your � camel then pray to God that it is not stolen.

Take precautions and pray. That is the rule of Islam.

So common sense is more effective?

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Grand Mosque In Mecca Closed Down Because Of Coronavirus? by tintingz(m): 10:17pm On Mar 22, 2020
hakeemhakeem:
Truly ignorance is diseases,this is not the first disease in the world and it's won't be the last since we won't stop inventions and others related research. I knew you have Islam phobia disease but the only cure is to get knowledge of Islam am not saying you should practice it.this convid 19 is even small when the end time is closer,some scary animals will still appears just like those Hollywood movie with giant creation.
Scary giant creatures like Godzilla and King Kong? cheesy

Islam thought us when something like convid 19 comes up we should quarantine ourselves from the affected areas

So common sense is more effective. Wow.

I thought prayers can do anything.
Re: Why Is The Grand Mosque In Mecca Closed Down Because Of Coronavirus? by tintingz(m): 10:18pm On Mar 22, 2020
lanrexlan:

C'mon, you can do better than this!

Brother, did I say anything wrong?
Re: Why Is The Grand Mosque In Mecca Closed Down Because Of Coronavirus? by tintingz(m): 10:19pm On Mar 22, 2020
LordReed:
LMFAO! The food thing is they are being practical not waiting for audio god to come and save them. However it does show that prayer cannot witstand the harsh realities of life.
Exactly.

It seems prayers are useless and common sense is more effective.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is The Grand Mosque In Mecca Closed Down Because Of Coronavirus? by omoiyamayor(m): 10:33pm On Mar 22, 2020
tintingz:

Allah can't fight a virus, washing your hands will do.

Covidullah Akbar!
you dont belong to this planet,what have you been smoking neighbor?
Re: Why Is The Grand Mosque In Mecca Closed Down Because Of Coronavirus? by tintingz(m): 10:53pm On Mar 22, 2020
omoiyamayor:
you dont belong to this planet,what have you been smoking neighbor?
I'm from Krypton and I'm smoking sanitizer.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Grand Mosque In Mecca Closed Down Because Of Coronavirus? by omoiyamayor(m): 11:45pm On Mar 22, 2020
tintingz:
I'm from Krypton and I'm smoking sanitizer.
well I'm sorry to say that to you,I mean the words. But honestly for me i believe in God existence but I don't mind if you can share your idea on why you think otherwise
Re: Why Is The Grand Mosque In Mecca Closed Down Because Of Coronavirus? by tintingz(m): 12:26am On Mar 23, 2020
omoiyamayor:
well I'm sorry to say that to you,I mean the words. But honestly for me i believe in God existence but I don't mind if you can share your idea on why you think otherwise

If God exist, why is the grand holy mosque where the Kaaba is closed down?
Re: Why Is The Grand Mosque In Mecca Closed Down Because Of Coronavirus? by omoiyamayor(m): 9:30am On Mar 23, 2020
tintingz:

If God exist, why is the grand holy mosque where the Kaaba is closed down?
that's is not God fault, the people worships in it not God.God as existed way before the mosque was built.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is The Grand Mosque In Mecca Closed Down Because Of Coronavirus? by advocatejare(m): 11:39am On Mar 23, 2020
tintingz:

In addition, the mosque in Medinah which is the Prophet's mosque is also close down.
Good question. This is even an opportunity to obey their prophet's instructions and embrace plague and die like martyr. Since martyrs in Islam are promised automatic ticket to heaven.
This is the time to embrace plagues by Muslims

Narrated By Abu Huraira
The Prophet said, "He (a Muslim) who dies of an abdominal disease is a a martyr, and he who dies of plague is a martyr." Sahih Bukhari 7:71:623

Why are the people of Saudi not embracing opportunity to be a martyr? And why are they preventing other Muslims to come and die of plagues in the Holy land?

Muhammad promised paradise to martrys
Narrated By Jabir bin 'Abdullah
On the day of the battle of Uhud, a man came to the Prophet and said, "Can you tell me where I will be if I should get martyred?"The Prophet replied, "In Paradise." The man threw away some dates he was carrying in his hand, and fought till he was martyred. Al Bukhari 5:59:377

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Grand Mosque In Mecca Closed Down Because Of Coronavirus? by budaatum: 2:16pm On Mar 24, 2020
tintingz:
How is the image attached relate to this thread?
I know you are intelligent and can figure it out.
Re: Why Is The Grand Mosque In Mecca Closed Down Because Of Coronavirus? by AntiChristian: 4:15pm On Mar 24, 2020
tintingz:
Why are mosques closed down in Saudi Arabia?

The grand mosque in Mecca where the Kaaba is is closed down because of a virus, I thought Allah is the most powerful and all-knowing?

In addition, the mosque in Medinah which is the Prophet's mosque is also closed down.

The Council of Senior Scholars on Friday prayer and prayers in congregation, and the spread of COVID-19

The Council of Senior Scholars in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia issued its statement no. 246 on 16/7/1441 AH, the text of which is as follows:

All praise is due to Allah the Lord of the worlds, and may blessings and peace be upon our Prophet Muhammad, and upon all of his family and companions.

To proceed:

The Council of Senior Scholars in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, in their twenty-fourth extraordinary meeting, which was held in the city of Riyadh on Wednesday 16/7/1441 AH, examined the questions that were presented to them regarding the concession of not attending Friday (Jumu‘ah) prayer and congregational prayers in the event of an epidemic or fear of an epidemic. After studying the issue in the light of the Islamic texts and the objectives and guidelines of sharia, and in the light of statements of the people of knowledge regarding issues of this nature, the Council of Senior Scholars has issued the following statement:

-1-
It is prohibited for a person infected with this virus to attend Friday prayers and prayers in congregation, because the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said, “Sick (camels) should not be put with healthy (camels)." [Narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim], and because he (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said, "If you hear of the outbreak of a plague in a land, do not enter it; and if it breaks out in a land in which you are, do not leave it." [al-Bukhaari and Muslim].

-2-
If a specialized body determines that medical quarantine or isolation is to be imposed on someone, it is obligatory for him to comply with that, and to not attend Friday prayers or prayers in congregation. Therefore he should offer the prayers at home or in the place where he is quarantined. This is because of the report narrated by as-Shareed ibn Suwayd ath-Thaqafi, who said, "Among the delegation from Thaqeef there was a man with leprosy. The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) sent word to him, saying, 'We have accepted your oath of allegiance, so go back.'" [Narrated by Muslim}

-3-
If anyone fears that he may be harmed or may harm others, it is permissible for him to not attend the Friday prayer and prayers in congregation, because the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said, "There should be neither harm nor reciprocating harm." [Narrated by Ibn Majah].

In all these cases, if he does not attend Friday prayer, he must pray Dhuhr with four rak‘ahs.

The Council of Senior Scholars advises everyone to follow the instructions, guidelines and protocols issued by specialized bodies.

They also advise everyone to fear Allah, the Most Mighty and Exalted, and to turn to Him in supplication and humility, and to ask Him to grant relief from this tribulation.

Allah, may He be exalted, says:

“And if Allah should touch you with adversity, there is no remover of it except Him; and if He intends for you good, then there is no repeller of His bounty. He causes it to reach whom He wills of His servants. And He is the Forgiving, the Merciful." [Yoonus 10:107]

“And your Lord says, ‘Call upon Me; I will respond to you.’” [Ghaafir 40:60].

May Allah send blessings and peace upon our Prophet Muhammad and upon all his family and companions.

End quote from https://www.spa.gov.sa/2047028
Re: Why Is The Grand Mosque In Mecca Closed Down Because Of Coronavirus? by Riduane: 5:01pm On Mar 24, 2020
Tintingz has really gone low in his rational thinking (that's even if you make use of it at all). So if you have malaria now, you're expected to pray to God to heal it and not make any attempt on it at all? Or if you in the middle of the express and 2 trailers are racing at your direction, so you just pray to God move you out of the express road right?

3 Likes

Re: Why Is The Grand Mosque In Mecca Closed Down Because Of Coronavirus? by LordReed(m): 5:40pm On Mar 24, 2020
Riduane:
Tintingz has really gone low in his rational thinking (that's even if you make use of it at all). So if you have malaria now, you're expected to pray to God to heal it and not make any attempt on it at all? Or if you in the middle of the express and 2 trailer is racing at your direction, so you just pray to God move you out of the express road right?

Have you prayed to your god about this situation or have you not?

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Grand Mosque In Mecca Closed Down Because Of Coronavirus? by Riduane: 5:53pm On Mar 24, 2020
LordReed:

Have you prayed to your god about this situation or have you not?

Is it rational to use question to answer question?

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Grand Mosque In Mecca Closed Down Because Of Coronavirus? by LordReed(m): 5:56pm On Mar 24, 2020
Riduane:

Is it rational to use question to answer question?

Pardon my curiosity but I just want to know how you have handled the situation vis a vis your faith.
Re: Why Is The Grand Mosque In Mecca Closed Down Because Of Coronavirus? by tintingz(m): 5:59pm On Mar 24, 2020
Riduane:
Tintingz has really gone low in his rational thinking (that's even if you make use of it at all). So if you have malaria now, you're expected to pray to God to heal it and not make any attempt on it at all? Or if you in the middle of the express and 2 trailer is racing at your direction, so you just pray to God move you out of the express road right?

I don't pray to God for anything, I don't believe in God/s and prayers.

If you take malaria drug without prayer, will it work? If yes, what's the use of prayer and worshiping a powerful deity?
Re: Why Is The Grand Mosque In Mecca Closed Down Because Of Coronavirus? by Riduane: 6:01pm On Mar 24, 2020
LordReed:

Pardon my curiosity but I just want to know how you have handled the situation vis a vis your faith.

I've been praying and adhering to tips to safeguard myself from contracting the virus. Would you now please answer my questions?
Re: Why Is The Grand Mosque In Mecca Closed Down Because Of Coronavirus? by tintingz(m): 6:01pm On Mar 24, 2020
AntiChristian:

The Council of Senior Scholars on Friday prayer and prayers in congregation, and the spread of COVID-19

The Council of Senior Scholars in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia issued its statement no. 246 on 16/7/1441 AH, the text of which is as follows:

All praise is due to Allah the Lord of the worlds, and may blessings and peace be upon our Prophet Muhammad, and upon all of his family and companions.

To proceed:

The Council of Senior Scholars in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, in their twenty-fourth extraordinary meeting, which was held in the city of Riyadh on Wednesday 16/7/1441 AH, examined the questions that were presented to them regarding the concession of not attending Friday (Jumu‘ah) prayer and congregational prayers in the event of an epidemic or fear of an epidemic. After studying the issue in the light of the Islamic texts and the objectives and guidelines of sharia, and in the light of statements of the people of knowledge regarding issues of this nature, the Council of Senior Scholars has issued the following statement:

-1-
It is prohibited for a person infected with this virus to attend Friday prayers and prayers in congregation, because the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said, “Sick (camels) should not be put with healthy (camels)." [Narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim], and because he (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said, "If you hear of the outbreak of a plague in a land, do not enter it; and if it breaks out in a land in which you are, do not leave it." [al-Bukhaari and Muslim].

-2-
If a specialized body determines that medical quarantine or isolation is to be imposed on someone, it is obligatory for him to comply with that, and to not attend Friday prayers or prayers in congregation. Therefore he should offer the prayers at home or in the place where he is quarantined. This is because of the report narrated by as-Shareed ibn Suwayd ath-Thaqafi, who said, "Among the delegation from Thaqeef there was a man with leprosy. The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) sent word to him, saying, 'We have accepted your oath of allegiance, so go back.'" [Narrated by Muslim}

-3-
If anyone fears that he may be harmed or may harm others, it is permissible for him to not attend the Friday prayer and prayers in congregation, because the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said, "There should be neither harm nor reciprocating harm." [Narrated by Ibn Majah].

In all these cases, if he does not attend Friday prayer, he must pray Dhuhr with four rak‘ahs.

The Council of Senior Scholars advises everyone to follow the instructions, guidelines and protocols issued by specialized bodies.

They also advise everyone to fear Allah, the Most Mighty and Exalted, and to turn to Him in supplication and humility, and to ask Him to grant relief from this tribulation.

Allah, may He be exalted, says:

“And if Allah should touch you with adversity, there is no remover of it except Him; and if He intends for you good, then there is no repeller of His bounty. He causes it to reach whom He wills of His servants. And He is the Forgiving, the Merciful." [Yoonus 10:107]

“And your Lord says, ‘Call upon Me; I will respond to you.’” [Ghaafir 40:60].

May Allah send blessings and peace upon our Prophet Muhammad and upon all his family and companions.

End quote from https://www.spa.gov.sa/2047028

So what's the use of having a powerful deity?
Re: Why Is The Grand Mosque In Mecca Closed Down Because Of Coronavirus? by LordReed(m): 6:05pm On Mar 24, 2020
Riduane:

I've been praying and adhering to tips to safeguard myself from contracting the virus. Would you now please answer my questions?

Well, I don't pray to a god for anything however people like you do and that doesn't seem to do anything to remedy the situation.
Re: Why Is The Grand Mosque In Mecca Closed Down Because Of Coronavirus? by Riduane: 6:05pm On Mar 24, 2020
tintingz:

I don't pray to God for anything, I don't believe in God/s and prayers.

You don't pray to God, that's your problem. You don't believe in God/Gods and prayers.. Does that make stop God from existing or does that stop prayers from not getting answered? How and why do you concern yourself with people that believe in God and prayer?

If you take malaria drug without prayer, will it work? If yes, what's the use of prayer and worshiping a powerful deity?

How does this answer my questions?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Harvard Recognises Quranic Verse As One Of The Greatest Expressions Of Justice / Is It A Sunnah Of The Prophet(s.a.w) To Celebrate Eid Maulud? / Is There Any Strong Islamic Alfa That Can Pray To Help Me Get Debtors To Pay Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.