Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,224 members, 7,860,432 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:58 AM

FRAUD: Lapo Microfinance Bank Scam - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / FRAUD: Lapo Microfinance Bank Scam (4531 Views)

ZEFA Microfinance Bank Staff Pushed Vivian Omo To Death / Coronavirus Lockdown Bank Scam Alert: Warn Your Loved Ones For Their Safety / Woman Commits Suicide Over Friend’s Unpaid LAPO Loan In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FRAUD: Lapo Microfinance Bank Scam by Tisko(m): 11:02am On Mar 24, 2020
Exmilitant:
You should have invested the money in some business and make some profits.. Then you wouldn't have cause to run into this forum whining.

Have you ever applied for any loan in your life to start a business or to invest?

You should know that no deduction is always made the month of disbursement and maybe the first moth pod disbursement payslip didn't arrive until after 3months for government workers
Will you as a sensible person hold into Loan for 3months without using it for the reason you collected it?
And your agreed terms was changed after about 3 months you collected the loan before you noticed

2 Likes

Re: FRAUD: Lapo Microfinance Bank Scam by Tisko(m): 11:06am On Mar 24, 2020
Exmilitant:
You should have invested the money in some business and make some profits.. Then you wouldn't have cause to run into this forum whining.

Exmilitant:

Have you ever applied for any loan in your life to start a business or to invest?

And your agreed terms was changed after about 3 months you collected the loan before you noticed

You should know that no deduction is always made the month of disbursement and maybe the first month of disbursement you wouldnt notice because payslip didn't arrive until after 3months for government workers.

Will you as a sensible person hold onto Loan for 3months without using it for the reason you collected it?
Re: FRAUD: Lapo Microfinance Bank Scam by Tonyspecial(m): 11:17am On Mar 24, 2020
Tisko:

Of course you are part of the bad dealers and you should be scrutinized too...
grin if you collect, u must pay
Re: FRAUD: Lapo Microfinance Bank Scam by Tisko(m): 11:22am On Mar 24, 2020
Justarandomguy:
If a business has a registered address, contact and company. Go to their head office and complain before calling them scam.

That has been done and that was when Mr Collins came in and all he could do was say that he is sorry because Wunmi is one of his best hands and he is surprised that she could make such a terrible mistake. ( Or it's a trick they use to scam people)

That the only way out is that the person pay off the rest by liquidating the loan.

Nothing was done about the name disguise nothing was done to bring back the initial agreement reached before the person collected the loan.

To settle the loan also became a problem because they kept dragging the process just to ensure it enters another month

So what's your point?

2 Likes

Re: FRAUD: Lapo Microfinance Bank Scam by Tisko(m): 11:32am On Mar 24, 2020
sammycarz:
Did u feel a loan form? Did you sign an offer letter?

Well, if you are conversant with the recent trends in loan and microfinance operations, you will know that you can apply for loan virtually. I that just happened was to send image of few documents in this case, an oracle number and they have access to your details with the government (your employer).

No Physical form was filled.
All banks give loans now without filling forms.
Re: FRAUD: Lapo Microfinance Bank Scam by Tisko(m): 12:15pm On Mar 24, 2020
walejummy:
Op your write up is interesting and straight forward but it lack credibility, you are not traceable, what if you are paid just to cook story to bring the MFB down how can we justify it, we have lawyers in this forum that are ready to tackle this issue and put the culprit to Justice and the mfb also has lawyers that are ready to petition if you are lying or the imposter So u lose nothing to review your self if u are on your right. The mfb is been regulated by CBN.

Walejummy :The poster is my friend and I told the person to post on my behalf because I just joined and was unable to post as at then.

I am the one affected and I know the implications of every of my actions. This is not and can never be a cooked up story as I have already attached every necessary documents to my previous posts.

I want justice and to also enlighten the public. That is why I came here. I am TISKO and that name is traceable on all platforms.

Are you an admin?
Have you called LAPO representative and they deny?

I cannot chicken out because of this minor threat.

2 Likes

Re: FRAUD: Lapo Microfinance Bank Scam by Tisko(m): 12:19pm On Mar 24, 2020
Tonyspecial:
grin if you collect, u must pay

It is not a laughing matter bro. Use your brain the loan is already paid

Are still in doubt about the credibility of the story?

It is better you just keep quiet instead of exposing your nativity

2 Likes

Re: FRAUD: Lapo Microfinance Bank Scam by Tisko(m): 12:23pm On Mar 24, 2020
walejummy:
Make your post credible, type your name and phone no, type the culprit name and phone no, the full address that has there sign post, every other things to prove your credibility. Or else you are paid to blackmail because I doubt lapo has started disbursing online loan.

I asked before and I am asking again if you are an admin, post with an admin handle/username then I will do as you asked

But if you followed the trend properly you must have seen all these evidences you are still asking for...

1 Like

Re: FRAUD: Lapo Microfinance Bank Scam by DaHrNn0001: 12:30pm On Mar 24, 2020
OP... Don't mind them...the cowards are silent... Someone would bring something to your notice for your own benefit then you come say it's a lie? I'm sure that one saying am with them no collect pass 10k making foolish noise here... Thanks for the awareness and please report the matter to CBN...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FRAUD: Lapo Microfinance Bank Scam by FivePeas: 12:32pm On Mar 24, 2020
Tonyspecial:
don't mind him, LAPO is helping small scale business owners to grow, I'm with them

God bless you jare
Re: FRAUD: Lapo Microfinance Bank Scam by Tisko(m): 12:42pm On Mar 24, 2020
FivePeas:

God bless you jare

Really? Fivepeas?

That's all you have to say?

Nigerians will never grow up.

You are seeing all evidences showing that a company is playing tricks on people to extort them and you are here saying God bless you?

How can God bless you when you want to be missleading people.

Even if you are paid to defend LAPO, why not allow your conscience to work a bit by just keeping quiet if you cannot support this course of making LAPO stop the scam.

3 Likes

Re: FRAUD: Lapo Microfinance Bank Scam by Tisko(m): 12:44pm On Mar 24, 2020
DaHrNn0001:
OP... Don't mind them...the cowards are silent... Someone would bring something to your notice for your own benefit then you come say it's a lie? I'm sure that one saying am with them no collect pass 10k making foolish noise here... Thanks for the awareness and please report the matter to CBN...

What other evidence are they looking for?
Thanks reasonable person.
God bless you.
Re: FRAUD: Lapo Microfinance Bank Scam by FivePeas: 12:45pm On Mar 24, 2020
Tisko:

Really? Fivepeas?

That's all you have to say?

Nigerians will never grow up.

You are seeing all evidences showing that a company is playing tricks on people to extort them and you are here saying God bless you?

How can God bless you when you want to be missleading people.

Even if you are paid to defend LAPO, why not allow your conscience to work a bit by just keeping quiet if you cannot support this course of making LAPO stop the scam.

Seriously I'm busy, too busy for trivialities and unnecessary and unprofitable chatter
Re: FRAUD: Lapo Microfinance Bank Scam by sammycarz(m): 12:46pm On Mar 24, 2020
The reason I asked is every loan has a term and condition attached to it, I thought u are given an offer letter which comprises the interest and cash collatral, penalty charges etc but u made a mistake by given your oracle number out without sighting there offer letter

Tisko:

Well, if you are conversant with the recent trends in loan and microfinance operations, you will know that you can apply for loan virtually. I that just happened was to send image of few documents in this case, an oracle number and they have access to your details with the government (your employer).

No Physical form was filled.
All banks give loans now without filling forms.
Re: FRAUD: Lapo Microfinance Bank Scam by Tisko(m): 12:55pm On Mar 24, 2020
FivePeas:

Seriously I'm busy, too busy for trivialities and unnecessary and unprofitable chatter

You are busy doing nothing just say something logical or keep quiet.

Drive home a point.

Lead a reasonable debate
Or put forth something on this case to show you are a sensible person.

Don't utter a baseless speech here... The facts are there.
Contest any of them logically.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FRAUD: Lapo Microfinance Bank Scam by infotainment(m): 1:46pm On Mar 24, 2020
jettybrian:
I AM SENDING THIS POST TO INFORM NIGERIANS OF THE SCAM TECHNIQUE BY LAPO MICROFINANCE BANK AND ITS PERSONNEL.
THEY USE ANOTHER NAME BECAUSE THEY KNOW PEOPLE DON'T WANT TO ASSOCIATE THEM.

I work with Lagos state government and I received a message from "CityGate Global" to call Wunmi on 0816134315* if I need a loan. I placed the call and she demanded for my details and I got the alert of #200k from "LAPO" I called to inform her that I didn't request a loan from LAPO but she said they just used the name CityGate as a bulk message platform (which was a lie telling from the message I received). I asked how come she didn't inform me about the name of the company ahead.

The money was already in my account I was told "the conditions" involved before I applied so name doesn't really matter. The conditions I agreed to was to pay #20,000/month for 12months to make #240,000

But to my greatest amazement, I was being charged #22906.67/month, which will make #274,880. This was not the agreement!

I called to complain, she first said that it was a mistake that it will be corrected and I will get the refund, but that didn't happen. She later said that she forgot to tell me the actual interest rate, that she made a mistake. I said I can't pay for her error... She stopped picking my calls or replying my messages and the interest deduction was already automated on my salary account. So, there is no need to talk with me again.

Until I threatened to arrest her, she then sent me the office address at irorun Plaza kudirat Abiola way and the number of one Mr Collins as her superior, Mr Collins claimed to be the manager heading the branch, when I walked in, he said the only way to resolve the case is to pay off the loan at once without interest on the remaining months.

I requested for my balance and the full details of all charges but both Mr Collins and Mrs Wunmi kept dribbling me, till the Loan entered 6months. Wunmi later sent the balance alone without explanation or break down. Though I have paid the balance but I realised that even as I attempted to terminate the interest on the 6th month, the total money I have paid is #262,388. I don't understand how come and I am not getting any explanation from any of them...

I got into argument several times with them because I was persistent about getting out of the situation while all they wanted to do was drag the process months into months.
I eventually got my balance but as I have suggested, I was overcharged though Mr Collins said I will get a refund of the excess charge by month end.
I have proof of all my statements...

THEY FIRST TRICK YOU WITH LIE ABOUT LOW INTEREST RATE AND LATER SAY THAT THEY MAKE MISTAKES OR MISCALCULATED.

THEY WON'T SHOW YOU YOUR BALANCE EVEN WHEN YOU REQUESTED FOR IT.

THEY WONT RESPOND TO YOU ONES THEY HAVE AUTOMATED THE LOAN DEDUCTED FROM YOUR SALARY ACCOUNT.

How do I resolve this and get them to pay back my money.

lalastica MYND44
Next time send a mail to CBN fraud dept email and copy LAPO in your mail.
Re: FRAUD: Lapo Microfinance Bank Scam by walejummy: 3:25pm On Mar 24, 2020
You have done well but yet, you are not at risk in disclosing your full name, traceable details about your self and phone no with the full address of the office you went to. Am not concern about the interest rate, LAPO MFB is not in collaboration with City gate, citygate is mfb on his own, your traceable details is good for proper presentation if you are not been use for public attraction to tarnish the company.
If citygate mfb ask the name and details of the compliant, what will the petitioner do?
Re: FRAUD: Lapo Microfinance Bank Scam by walejummy: 3:32pm On Mar 24, 2020
If you are scared to expose your identity, send mail to info@lapo-nigeria.org or enter any other lapo mfb branch closer to the one you visited. Lapo does not disburse online loan, or disburse without contract and agreement form with guarantor signature,

1 Like

Re: FRAUD: Lapo Microfinance Bank Scam by adewumiopeyemi(m): 6:00pm On Mar 24, 2020
If lapo came out and say they are not the one that send that message
That Wumi in that message can be the sender he can even do a book message just to get more customer to get loan I guess she is loan offer and she is trying to canvasses more peope to get loan
if he put lapo which everybody no you may change your mind quote author=Tisko post=87713847]

You really need to go back and read that post. The poster is my friend and a message was sent to him. The conditions he admitted to was changed by the officer saying she made a mistake, that she miscalculated.

I read a response this morning when someone said that LAPO cannot operate under the name CITYGATE GLOBAL here is the evidence... In the image

LOOK AT THE NAME "CITYGATE GLOBAL AND DIAL THAT NUMBER, HER NAME IS WUNMI AND SHE WORKS AT LAPO PRESENTLY.

THE ACCOMPLICE MR COLLINS CLAIMED TO BE THE MANAGER AT THE IRORUN PLAZA KUDIRAT ABIOLA WAY OREGUN BRANCH OF LAPO.

what other evidence or credibility are you looking for?

The interest rate isn't the problem here, but the trick of operating under another name. It's deception and not telling the people the actual condition before disbursing. Infact lieing about the rate just to make it attractive[/quote]
Re: FRAUD: Lapo Microfinance Bank Scam by Nguru55: 10:52pm On Mar 24, 2020
U would have deducted ur processing fee and return the rest. Then u have a case. Elements of greed in your story.
Re: FRAUD: Lapo Microfinance Bank Scam by statistics1(m): 6:43am On Mar 25, 2020
jettybrian:
I AM SENDING THIS POST TO INFORM NIGERIANS O

lalastica MYND44

dear poster,
so sorry about your experience.however,the heading captured my attention which made me rush in to read what transpired.I also took my time to go through every of your reply and picture attached..
I'll like to bring to your notice that LAPO MFB will never send a text message with any other company's name.hence city gate whatever is acting on its on under the disguise of LAPO MFB .any message from LAPO carries the company's name.
please note, LAPO mfb don't do online loan without you visiting there nearest branch to sign an offer letter,deed of hypothesis and of cos copies of your repayment schedule shall be given to you.the mfb don't disburse online.im suspecting the so-called wunmi runs an individual mfb,she maybe having account with LAPO mfb and walk in to the branch she's operating to make a fund transfer. she may be an account officer of the mfb and have made mistake in the disbursement of the loan duration(i.e. may be more than 12 months) during the disbursement and now trying to correct the error by asking you to payoff the loan so the total repayment will be lesser(the mfb give room for interest waiver if you are paying off) which is very wrong of her. there are more to this as lots of things are being hiding from you may be because the officer couldn't open up to you as you may not understand the banking language much.any wunmi can claim she works with LAPO you know,she may be a agent banking office of the mfb,alots you need to know.I wish you are within my hood then I would have been able to explain better and show you how to get to the root of the matter such that your money shall be refunded if it obviouslyprove that you have been over charged.ones again I apologize for your experience as the name of the mfb draw my attention to contribute to this.feel free to chat me up here as I pray you get a clear picture of the transaction sir.
LAPO remain and will remain to maintain it "SIMPLICITY,INTEGRITY,EXCELLENCE and CUSTOMER CENTERED" as it core value stated.
best regards

1 Like

Re: FRAUD: Lapo Microfinance Bank Scam by statistics1(m): 6:56am On Mar 25, 2020
[quote author=jettybrian post=87694359]
Re: FRAUD: Lapo Microfinance Bank Scam by statistics1(m): 6:58am On Mar 25, 2020
jettybrian:
I AM SENDING THIS POST TO INFORM NIGERIANS OF THE SCAM TECHNIQUE BY LAPO MICROFINANCE BANK AND ITS PERSONNEL.
THEY USE ANOTHER NAME BECAUSE THEY KNOW PEOPLE DON'T WANT TO ASSOCIATE THEM.

lalastica MYND44

jettybrian:
I AM SENDING THIS POST TO INFORM NIGERIANS O

lalastica MYND44

dear poster,
so sorry about your experience.however,the heading captured my attention which made me rush in to read what transpired.I also took my time to go through every of your reply and picture attached..
I'll like to bring to your notice that LAPO MFB will never send a text message with any other company's name.hence city gate whatever is acting on its on under the disguise of LAPO MFB .any message from LAPO carries the company's name.
please note, LAPO mfb don't do online loan without you visiting there nearest branch to sign an offer letter,deed of hypothesis and of cos copies of your repayment schedule shall be given to you.the mfb don't disburse online.im suspecting the so-called wunmi runs an individual mfb,she maybe having account with LAPO mfb and walk in to the branch she's operating to make a fund transfer. she may be an account officer of the mfb and have made mistake in the disbursement of the loan duration(i.e. may be more than 12 months) during the disbursement and now trying to correct the error by asking you to payoff the loan so the total repayment will be lesser(the mfb give room for interest waiver if you are paying off) which is very wrong of her. there are more to this as lots of things are being hiding from you may be because the officer couldn't open up to you as you may not understand the banking language much.any wunmi can claim she works with LAPO you know,she may be a agent banking office of the mfb,alots you need to know.I wish you are within my hood then I would have been able to explain better and show you how to get to the root of the matter such that your money shall be refunded if it obviouslyprove that you have been over charged.ones again I apologize for your experience as the name of the mfb draw my attention to contribute to this.feel free to chat me up here as I pray you get a clear picture of the transaction sir.
LAPO remain and will remain to maintain it "SIMPLICITY,INTEGRITY,EXCELLENCE and CUSTOMER CENTERED" as it core value stated.
best regards

2 Likes

Re: FRAUD: Lapo Microfinance Bank Scam by walejummy: 11:20am On Mar 25, 2020
statistics1:

dear poster,
best regards
thanks a lot for the sound outline, innovativeness

1 Like

Re: FRAUD: Lapo Microfinance Bank Scam by Iziq(m): 3:33pm On Mar 25, 2020
Please � nairalanders help a brother. My sister just had a fatal accident and I have emptied my account on medicals. She's all I have got; only surviving relative. Help save her for me. May no misfortune befall you. Amen.
0076543602 (Access Bank) nothing is too small. That 1k can do something. Thank you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Stab Prostitute After Rendering Him Her Service (Graphic Photo) / Lady Who Jumped Fence To Steal A Bag Of Rice From Couple Stripped Nak.ed. / Is True, Emmanuela Of Mark Angel Comedy Really Pregnant?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.