Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,557 members, 7,958,729 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:35 PM

Why Is The World Keeping Positive News About Corona Virus, Secret - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Is The World Keeping Positive News About Corona Virus, Secret (740 Views)

See What A Biological Researcher Said About Corona-virus / Lagos State Government Reacts To Fake News About Corona Virus / Corona Virus: Is It Safe To Order Stuff From AliExpress? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is The World Keeping Positive News About Corona Virus, Secret by NawtyC001(m): 3:08pm On Mar 23, 2020
Stop the hysteria.

Cease the panic.

Desist from creating needless fear in the mind of people!!!

Malaria kills 87,000 annually in Nigeria, 7,250 monthly.

FRSC says an average of 12 people die per day in road accidents (they obviously don't have all the statistics); that's 360 deaths per month.

WHO organisation says 3,866 women die annually during childbirth; or 322 per month (maybe in Lagos State only sef; because I know more than 11 women die daily during childbirth in Nigeria).

17,000 are diagnosed with kidney failure annually in Nigeria; 90% or them (or 15,300) will die from it.

The mortality rate for typhoid fever is between 10% to 30%, according to the WHO; before the day is over, 35 people will die of it today.

For every 1000 live births, 65 newborn babies will die.

What is the mortality rate for Coronavirus again?

Less than 2%!

In other words, 98 of every 100 people who contracts it will survive it.

More important, most of those who have died from the virus are aged people with compromised immune system, and people with pre-existing health issues.

So why is the world is not talking about the 98% that survives the ailment?

Why is virtually every news item focused exclusively on those who tested positive or show symptons?

And why is the media not reporting the verdict of respected virologists all over the world, that the coronavirus will not survive in an environment of 70° Celcius?

Even the American President, when predicting that the virus will start disappearing from April, said it is because the hot season will start returning to America.

Why is the medical world not reporting this?

Why is the world keeping positive news about corona virus, secret?

Why are they increasing the panic and intensifying the hysteria?

Why are they not telling people that the molecular structure of the virus is heavier than air and so it's not airborne but falls to available surfaces where it is then picked up by people touching the surface?

While in the rest of the world, according to the John Hopkins Univeristy COVID-19 dashboard, 8,724 people have died as a result of the virus, total offical death in Nigeria is a grand total of zero!

But in our clinic and hospitals, a patient needing emergency treatment for a life-threatening ailment will not ne attended to by healthcare givers - unless s/he has paid his fee deposit.

Tens and thousands have died through this way, including my best friend, Edozie Enemuo - a man who died for lack of even first aid, not even because he didn't have the money, but because the injuries he sustained in an accident left him too disabled to help himself.

I happened to be in a hospital's maternity ward a few months back, and witnessed how a woman who just gave birth was denied needed post-natal treatment to save her life.

When I asked why she was left unattended to, the nurses said her husband hadn't come to pay her delivery charges!

But for my quiet intervention, that woman would have been left to die like a worthless lizard.

Yet, same nurses and doctors will come on social media to teach us the importance of washing our hands to protect us from contracting the coronavirus.

Like they truly care.

What about those profiteeering pharmacists who, on discovering the need of the world to use more sanitizers, bumped up the prices of their stock ten times?

Yet, they'll be amongst the first to tell people to sanitize their hands.

Less than a week ago, I issued a call to everyone who has been affected by the Abule Ado disaster to make their cases known.

In less than 24 hours, I had received over 100 responses, all of them filled with tales of horror, of lost family members, of lost wives and children, of lost residences, of damaged cars and equipment for daily living - and the responses have topped 200 as I write this.

And a "friend" who has not stopped writing about coronavirus and the need to wash our hands, approached me inbox to remind me that 99% of the people who reside in Abule Ado are people from the Eastern part of Nigeria, and he didn't understand why I have to expend my time, energy and other resources to try to get them compensated.

Like, people from the East are not humans?

They don't deserve the help they need?

The hypocrisy of Nigerians.

And the government (represented by people, of course) have refused to sincerely disclose what killed these people and destroyed their properties.

Nor are they really lifting a finger to help minimize their suffering.

And same government officials would come to the public to talk about the need to sanituze and wash our hands to avoid contracting Coronavirus.

Like they truly care.

If you need me to remind you to wash your hands frequently or especially after coming back home from the germ-laden Nigerian environment, then there is something wring with you.

For, outside of the possible coronavirus, there thousands of bacteria and viruses you are exposed to everywhere you go.

I was in a plane from Lagos to Abuja recently and saw a man wearing a mask inside the plane.

All well and good.

If that man wasn't a coronavirus victim already, him wearing a mask is a result of ignorance and misinformation that the world keeps shunning out.

That mask is meant to be worn by medical health workers (the N95 version self), and people already infected with the virus, to prevent a dissemination of the virus when they sneeze or cough - and not by a heathy individual who is not a health worker.

But more importantly, our mask-wearing airplane passenger was ignorant of the fact that the inside of a plane is one of the most germ-infected places in the world.

From the armrest to the headrest, from the buckle to the food tray in front of you, scientists have shown that tens of thousands of germs abound in these places.

Yet, the mask-wearing passenger had his hands all over the place, collecting germs to be later transferred to his mouth when he got home.

Even senior government officials are not immuned from this ignorance of the mask.

Saw them wearing masks as they conducted press conferences.

Read somewhere yesterday that the Federal government said it has expended N1.6b in fighting coronavirus.

Really?

What about infant mortality, maternal mortality, malaria epidemic, kidney failure pandemic, deaths from road accidents, deaths from treatable diseases, deaths from starvation?

A woman who leaves her househelp to starve to death will come on social media to advise on how not to contract coronavirus.

An employer of labour will not pay his employees salaries, but will come and write nonsense about coronavirus.

Shameless hypocrites!

Like I told someone this morning, a vast number of Nigerians will die of ignorance - long before coronavirus gets them

For we are nation of dangerous hypocrites and of warped and misplaced priorities.

Ade King Ebimomi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is The World Keeping Positive News About Corona Virus, Secret by Nackzy: 3:09pm On Mar 23, 2020
Maka How
Re: Why Is The World Keeping Positive News About Corona Virus, Secret by SLAP44: 3:10pm On Mar 23, 2020
Covidiott cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Why Is The World Keeping Positive News About Corona Virus, Secret by Asek1(m): 3:17pm On Mar 23, 2020
I will comment when this hits FP
Re: Why Is The World Keeping Positive News About Corona Virus, Secret by Kenneth4u205(m): 3:24pm On Mar 23, 2020
People will stop being careful if you post positive news about it .so the virus will end up spreading more
Re: Why Is The World Keeping Positive News About Corona Virus, Secret by lordizak(m): 3:28pm On Mar 23, 2020
What exactly is your point?
Re: Why Is The World Keeping Positive News About Corona Virus, Secret by daddytime(m): 3:29pm On Mar 23, 2020
Nicely written and straight to the point.

Well done.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The World Keeping Positive News About Corona Virus, Secret by Sirsuky(m): 3:30pm On Mar 23, 2020
U can't compare it with malaria how many people where infected by malaria compare to covid 19.
Transmission are differ as well
Re: Why Is The World Keeping Positive News About Corona Virus, Secret by InfoSources: 3:34pm On Mar 23, 2020
shocked
Re: Why Is The World Keeping Positive News About Corona Virus, Secret by Sirheny007(m): 3:37pm On Mar 23, 2020
I am visibly disappointed in the spread of the virus so far.
In a place like Nigeria with too many dependent octogenarians,
This virus would have sufficed as subtle euthanasia.
Some generations have outlived their relevance years ago even with imploding world population.

I'm just a sucker for progressive succession.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is The World Keeping Positive News About Corona Virus, Secret by hisgrace090: 3:43pm On Mar 23, 2020
For our doctors and nurses they're too self centered.

In the year 2017 a friend got involved in a ghastly accident and people who cares rushed him to a nearby hospital before making calls through his phone only for us to locate the hospital at last and found out that they refuse to tourch him as he wriggled around in pain.

As we confront the nurses as they were busy chatting and smiling they ask us if we're his people and we accepted, and they said we should come and see where to drop him, and we did but was unlucky as he shortly vomitts out huge blood and gave up the ghost.

So many health care providers are really heartless in Nigeria this days.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The World Keeping Positive News About Corona Virus, Secret by Ernerstdavid55(m): 3:50pm On Mar 23, 2020
Where is ambode fmr lag st gov
Re: Why Is The World Keeping Positive News About Corona Virus, Secret by Lenbi(f): 3:52pm On Mar 23, 2020
Ok
Re: Why Is The World Keeping Positive News About Corona Virus, Secret by segebase(m): 3:52pm On Mar 23, 2020
Can some one summarize this epistle
Re: Why Is The World Keeping Positive News About Corona Virus, Secret by seankafor(m): 4:04pm On Mar 23, 2020
Oh mehn this spreads faster than all these you out up there.

No panic.. dey there dey relax until it comes to hit you
Re: Why Is The World Keeping Positive News About Corona Virus, Secret by emeths: 4:04pm On Mar 23, 2020
How will they know , when they don't read . Well done bro
Re: Why Is The World Keeping Positive News About Corona Virus, Secret by Meedon: 4:06pm On Mar 23, 2020
Beginning of Now Agee
Re: Why Is The World Keeping Positive News About Corona Virus, Secret by Godfullsam(m): 4:08pm On Mar 23, 2020
lordizak:

The writer is drunk.
Re: Why Is The World Keeping Positive News About Corona Virus, Secret by NawtyC001(m): 3:58pm On Mar 24, 2020
lordizak:

I don't blame you though!!!
It's all your Comprehension Teacher's fault

(1) (Reply)

The Real Story Of What Happened To Nigerians In China / American Doctor Exposes The Secret Plans Of China (video) / Urgent: Could My Friend Be Having Covid 19?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.