Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,452 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

How Often Should I Change My Engine Oil - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Often Should I Change My Engine Oil (1439 Views)

Milky Stuff On My Engine Dipstick- What Does This Mean / My Engine Goes Off When A/C Is Switched On / Reasons You Always Have Engine Oil Shortage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Often Should I Change My Engine Oil by lagautorepair(m): 5:33pm On Mar 23, 2020
HOW OFTEN SHOULD YOU CHANGE YOUR OIL?

Two factors determine when you’ll need to change your oil—TIME and MILEAGE, “Both TIME and MILEAGE will allow the oil to break down and become a less effective lubricant for your engine,”

If you can, check the owners manual for specific oil intervals and the type of oil your car needs,The proper oil changes for your specific make and model come from the manufacturer. The rule of thumb for most vehicles, however, is to change your oil after at least 5,000 miles. Still, some cars might only require full synthetic oil changes after 7,500 to 10,000 miles, according to Fix. “For many years, the standard advice was every 3,000 miles or three months, whichever comes first,”But thanks to improvements in modern engines and modern oils, most cars can comfortably drive at least 5,000 miles or even up to 10,000 miles on the same oil.”

For people who aren’t keeping track of their mileage, another way to know it’s time to change your oil is looking at the dipstick. When it’s dark, it’s time to change the oil, Newer cars might even have an oil change light on the dashboard to take out the guessing work. Once you do change your oil, Fix says to opt for the synthetic variety—like this—because it’s a better lubricant. It costs more, but mechanics know you’ll get more miles between changes
Re: How Often Should I Change My Engine Oil by Primeauto(m): 5:48pm On Mar 23, 2020
lagautorepair:
HOW OFTEN SHOULD YOU CHANGE YOUR OIL?

Two factors determine when you’ll need to change your oil—TIME and MILEAGE, “Both TIME and MILEAGE will allow the oil to break down and become a less effective lubricant for your engine,”

If you can, check the owners manual for specific oil intervals and the type of oil your car needs,The proper oil changes for your specific make and model come from the manufacturer. The rule of thumb for most vehicles, however, is to change your oil after at least 5,000 miles. Still, some cars might only require full synthetic oil changes after 7,500 to 10,000 miles, according to Fix. “For many years, the standard advice was every 3,000 miles or three months, whichever comes first,”But thanks to improvements in modern engines and modern oils, most cars can comfortably drive at least 5,000 miles or even up to 10,000 miles on the same oil.”

For people who aren’t keeping track of their mileage, another way to know it’s time to change your oil is looking at the dipstick. When it’s dark, it’s time to change the oil, Newer cars might even have an oil change light on the dashboard to take out the guessing work. Once you do change your oil, Fix says to opt for the synthetic variety—like this—because it’s a better lubricant. It costs more, but mechanics know you’ll get more miles between changes

(1) (Reply)

148hp Vs 158hp(bmw Vs Hilux) / A Bike For 6.5 Million Naira. Whao! / Only In Nigeria...comedy On The Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.