Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,150 members, 7,811,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:18 AM

South Africa To Enter Nationwide LOCKDOWN Come Thursday - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / South Africa To Enter Nationwide LOCKDOWN Come Thursday (657 Views)

FG Makes Arrangements For Nigerians In Ukraine To Enter Hungary, Romania / Migrants Including Nigerians Allowed To Enter Europe After 18 Days. Photos / Thousands Of Venezuelans Trying To Enter Columbia To Escape Economic Crisis(Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

South Africa To Enter Nationwide LOCKDOWN Come Thursday by TMKsouth: 8:20pm On Mar 23, 2020

PRESIDENT RAMAPHOSA NATIONAL ADDRESS

SUMMARY:
"In South Africa, the number of confirmed cases has increased six-fold in just eight days from 61 cases to 402 cases.

This number will continue to rise.

The next few days are crucial.

Without decisive action, the number of people infected will rapidly increase from a few hundred to tens of thousands, and within a few weeks to hundreds of thousands.

LOCKDOWN

"From midnight on Thursday 26 March until midnight on Thursday 16 April, all South Africans will have to stay at home.

- The categories of people who will be exempted from this lockdown are the following: health workers in the public and private sectors, emergency personnel, those in security services, such as the police, traffic officers, military medical personnel, soldiers – and other persons necessary for our response to the pandemic.

CLOSING STATEMENT

I call on all of us, one and all, to play our part.
To be courageous, to be patient, and above all, to show compassion.
Let us never despair.
For we are a nation at one, and we will surely prevail.

May God protect our people.

Nkosi Sikelel' iAfrika.

Morena boloka setjhaba sa heso.

God bless Africa.

3 Likes

Re: South Africa To Enter Nationwide LOCKDOWN Come Thursday by Aliencraft(m): 8:25pm On Mar 23, 2020
shocked
Re: South Africa To Enter Nationwide LOCKDOWN Come Thursday by TMKsouth: 8:31pm On Mar 23, 2020
Aliencraft:
shocked

First time in democratic South Africa. People are shocked!
Re: South Africa To Enter Nationwide LOCKDOWN Come Thursday by Iyiataata92: 8:41pm On Mar 23, 2020
I see this happening in Nigeria soon. I'm saving as much money as I can so as not to get stranded on that day.
I advise you do same. The little one you have, hold it tight!!!

1 Like

Re: South Africa To Enter Nationwide LOCKDOWN Come Thursday by TMKsouth: 9:04pm On Mar 23, 2020
Iyiataata92:
I see this happening in Nigeria soon. I'm saving as much money as I can so as not to get stranded on that day.

It's just a matter of time judging by the trajectory of the cases in Nigeria. Last week, 2 cases... now 16 times more.

You're right, people should save up for the unknown during this time of uncertainty.
Re: South Africa To Enter Nationwide LOCKDOWN Come Thursday by WannaHowzit(m): 9:23pm On Mar 23, 2020
We will make it SA

2 Likes

Re: South Africa To Enter Nationwide LOCKDOWN Come Thursday by TMKsouth: 10:12pm On Mar 23, 2020
Britain also went into immediate lockdown just now.
Re: South Africa To Enter Nationwide LOCKDOWN Come Thursday by IronGalaxy: 10:13pm On Mar 23, 2020
I'm honestly, officially shittin' my pants now. undecided

1 Like

Re: South Africa To Enter Nationwide LOCKDOWN Come Thursday by TMKsouth: 10:18pm On Mar 23, 2020
IronGalaxy:
I'm honestly, officially shittin' my pants now. undecided

It's a gut wrenching moment, dude. Uncharted territory. I pity people without yards - living in flats & stuff. Mentally challenging.
Re: South Africa To Enter Nationwide LOCKDOWN Come Thursday by XhosaNostra(f): 10:26pm On Mar 23, 2020
This too shall pass.

2 Likes

Re: South Africa To Enter Nationwide LOCKDOWN Come Thursday by TMKsouth: 10:41pm On Mar 23, 2020
XhosaNostra:
This too shall pass.

Don't mean to cause u panic, but do u realize this thing might be extended if after 3 weeks the infection rate is still rising? Families infecting each other & the hospitals filling up.
Re: South Africa To Enter Nationwide LOCKDOWN Come Thursday by Jaqenhghar: 10:55pm On Mar 23, 2020
XhosaNostra:
This too shall pass.
Xhosa nostra. W8bat will you be doing to pass time during the lockout ?

1 Like

Re: South Africa To Enter Nationwide LOCKDOWN Come Thursday by Jaqenhghar: 10:59pm On Mar 23, 2020
Iyiataata92:
Oga. Money wont help you. Whatever money you have use it to buy food stuff esp beans and protein. Then stuff like soap. By the time this shut down start I doubt you will see where to buy anything.
Those whe no get well water or any source of water I dont know how they will cope undecided
Re: South Africa To Enter Nationwide LOCKDOWN Come Thursday by XhosaNostra(f): 10:59pm On Mar 23, 2020
TMKsouth:

Don't mean to cause u panic, but do u realize this thing might be extended if after 3 weeks the infection rate is still rising? Families infecting each other & the hospitals filling up.

Ja I'm aware, but let's remain calm, follow the due process & hopefully it won't come to that. Panicking won't make it go away. At this point I say, "Que sera sera". Won't be stressing myself over something that's out of my control.

1 Like

Re: South Africa To Enter Nationwide LOCKDOWN Come Thursday by XhosaNostra(f): 11:09pm On Mar 23, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

Xhosa nostra. W8bat will you be doing to pass time during the lockout ?

I've been home for over a week already, I have a cold tongue No indication of me dying yet grin

I'll be keeping myself busy with the internet & books. I'm well-stocked. Hopefully this will come to an end soon because it feels a little somehow. What about your side?

1 Like

Re: South Africa To Enter Nationwide LOCKDOWN Come Thursday by Jaqenhghar: 11:51pm On Mar 23, 2020
XhosaNostra:

I've been home for over a week already, I have a cold tongue No indication of me dying yet grin

I'll be keeping myself busy with the internet & books. I'm well-stocked. Hopefully this will come to an end soon because it feels a little somehow. What about your side?
Im working from home..... got a few books and movies ... and Nairaland too grin

1 Like

Re: South Africa To Enter Nationwide LOCKDOWN Come Thursday by Jaqenhghar: 11:52pm On Mar 23, 2020
XhosaNostra:

Ja I'm aware, but let's remain calm, follow the due process & hopefully it won't come to that. Panicking won't make it go away. At this point I say, "Que sera sera". Won't be stressing myself over something that's out of my control.
Thats the spirirt

1 Like

Re: South Africa To Enter Nationwide LOCKDOWN Come Thursday by XhosaNostra(f): 5:56am On Mar 24, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

Im working from home..... got a few books and movies ... and Nairaland too grin

Please keep safe.

@ bolded, sounds fancy & important, not like a yob grin

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News- CNN Richard Quest Tests Positive Of COV-19 / Good / Sweden Student Visa Application 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.