Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,252 members, 7,846,169 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price (25440 Views)

Oil Price Falls To Three-week Low On Planned OPEC, Russia Output Hike / Crude Oil Price Rises To $74, Highest In Four Years / Oil Price Inches Towards $70, 44% Above Benchmark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price by Chibyke080366: 7:44am On Mar 24, 2020
This year go regard oh
Re: Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price by hargbolahan01: 7:49am On Mar 24, 2020
I need an advice from nairalander

I'm trying to go into tomato farming biz by the end of the month but I'm still thinking twice because of this lockdown and economic instability caused by covid-19

pls advise from well meaning Nigeria and economic expert

thanks
Re: Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price by Sammy07: 7:49am On Mar 24, 2020
Tofax:

Diversify, Diversify, Buhari refuses to diversify but he was so busy looking for crude oil in the North where he spent billions of dollars within the past 4 years. Intelligence is different from being educated.

Diversify to what exactly??
You are not into the system that's why you're saying this..
Do you think agricultural products have sales like that?
Are we the only country producing cocoa, cashew, cassava.
If you're talking about diversifying
We can only diversify to Producing nation.

Pls, don't talk about agricultural products, there is no sales on it..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price by Ray4raybest01(m): 7:54am On Mar 24, 2020
@ u just run for sometime we think say them isolate u for somewhere for yaba oooo.
Re: Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price by SavageResponse(m): 7:57am On Mar 24, 2020
helinues:
Imagine just 2 countries out of almost 180 determining what the price of oil should be.

Wow

This matter has gone beyond the Saudi Arabia - Russia face-off!
Re: Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price by denjjy(m): 7:57am On Mar 24, 2020
I'm of the opinion that Nigeria Army and intelligence Agency should exploit the deadly virus called covid-19 to gain advantage in the battle to end insurgency in the North East. They can deliberately infect some civilian or member of the sect with the virulent strain of covid-19 and send them to the ISIWAP or Boko haram camps so that the deadly virus will render havoc among them. this strategy may help to end terrorism instead of wasting billions of USD to acquire weapons.
Re: Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price by bkool7(m): 8:02am On Mar 24, 2020
kings59:
shocked

I went to a gas station yesterday to have my gas cylinder re-filled. I was surprised to hear that the price has reduced from #1700 to #1500.

Kinda cool.

How many kg?
Re: Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price by hargbolahan01: 8:02am On Mar 24, 2020
Sammy07:

what about all other natural resources like coal,iron,copper lead ore and gold but they are useful for Nigeria except those that mine it illegal and kill themselves because of it
Re: Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price by vertueptime: 8:02am On Mar 24, 2020
Sammy07:

See the truth is there is nothing Buhari or anyone can do about it.

Even of Charles soludo, sanusi, Diezani Alison-Madueke should be president and vice together.
They can't do anything.

Even u too believe buhari is grossly incompetent and clueless
Re: Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price by bkool7(m): 8:03am On Mar 24, 2020
denjjy:
I'm of the opinion that Nigeria Army and intelligence Agency should exploit the deadly virus called covid-19 to gain advantage in the battle to end insurgency in the North East. They can deliberately infect some civilian or member of the sect with the virulent strain of covid-19 and send them to the ISIWAP or Boko haram camps so that the deadly virus will render havoc among them. this strategy may help to end terrorism instead of wasting billions of USD to acquire weapons.

Volunteer yourself to be infected now

3 Likes

Re: Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price by Sammy07: 8:05am On Mar 24, 2020
hargbolahan01:
what about all other natural resources like coal,iron,copper lead ore and gold but they are useful for Nigeria except those that mine it illegal and kill themselves because of it

Bro, truth is we suppose to use these mineral resources for self development.

I'm telling you that we are selling these minerals.
But some countries have it in abundance they sometimes determine the price.
Re: Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price by Martinola(m): 8:06am On Mar 24, 2020
Dats inevitable.
Re: Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price by Duplik8t77(m): 8:06am On Mar 24, 2020
Sammy07:

Even of Charles soludo, sanusi, Diezani Alison-Madueke should be president and vice together.
They can't do anything.
but he promised to stabilise oil price, during his 2015 election campaign. Lol
Re: Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price by Sammy07: 8:07am On Mar 24, 2020
vertueptime:

Even u too believe buhari is grossly incompetent and clueless

Guy reason objectively.

Finance and economics should be compulsory in all schools plus institution..
Re: Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price by Sammy07: 8:08am On Mar 24, 2020
Duplik8t77:
but he promised to stabilise oil price, during his 2015 election campaign. Lol

You should understand politicians thrive on propaganda.

Even our so called governors.
How many on them fulfil their campaigns

1 Like

Re: Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price by Nobody: 8:09am On Mar 24, 2020
hargbolahan01:

The prices of solid minerals are falling as well.
Re: Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price by mauriceju2(m): 8:09am On Mar 24, 2020
It's great news for Nigeria
Many unproductive parasitic state in the north will now look for a way to generate income
The north created so many states and local government just because of oil money
Now that oil is becoming worthless day by day
I wonder what they will depend on
Re: Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price by Truthbites: 8:11am On Mar 24, 2020
Sammy07:

Listen to urself. China doesn't export products anyhow...they produce for themselves. Even this lockdown won't affect them much.... Buhari should have created several companies to manufacture products we can sell to ourselves and other African countries (cos we hardly can meet international standards).....that way we will prosper and won't have to be importing every shitt .. not the way Buhari wasted money looking for oil in the North
Re: Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price by chozzy: 8:12am On Mar 24, 2020
Sammy07:

They can't do anything.

But you believed when in 2014 he promised to stabilize international
crude oil price, abi ?

Like ZOMBIE, like Covik One-Nine

Re: Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price by lexander(m): 8:13am On Mar 24, 2020
Diversify the economy they said no now look at where we are, while many countries are giving out aids in form of money food and rent our dear country only reduced petrol price by 20 Naira. Petrol is not used by every one what would a homeless man that sleeps under the bridge do with petrol and if you really want to reduce it why not take it back to 75 Naira. In my area pure water is now 650 Naira for 5 bags before it was 500 Naira for 5 and half. Hand sanitizers that sells for 1800 is now 8000 Naira depending on the country it was made some cost as much as 25 thousand. The government has ordered motor parks and motorists to provide hand sanitizers question becomes who will pay for all this , and the less privileged that can't even afford to feed how will they afford it. God please save Nigeria from Wicked and selfish Nigerians...[b][/b]
Re: Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price by Biodun1929(m): 8:15am On Mar 24, 2020
iLegendd:
Let everything crash. At least, our leaders and everyone will have a rude awakening. Sometimes, it requires calamity to get progress.

Calamity is our only revolution fighter since everyone is afraid to fight the leaders and coerce them make amends.

Gbam
Re: Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price by Sammy07: 8:16am On Mar 24, 2020
Truthbites:

Listen to urself. China doesn't export products anyhow...they produce for themselves. Even this lockdown won't affect them much.... Buhari should have created several companies to manufacture products we can sell to ourselves and other African countries (cos we hardly can meet international standards).....that way we will prosper and won't have to be importing every shitt .. not the way Buhari wasted money looking for oil in the North

Read my comments b4 pouring out your sorrows on me Abeq.
You don't understand how economy works
Re: Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price by Sammy07: 8:16am On Mar 24, 2020
chozzy:

But you believed when in 2014 he promised to stabilize international
crude oil price, abi ?

Like ZOMBIE, like Covik One-Nine

I just hope you're not a graduate.
Re: Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price by hargbolahan01: 8:18am On Mar 24, 2020
Sammy07:

Bro, truth is we suppose to use these mineral resources for self development.

I'm telling you that we are selling these minerals.
But some countries have it in abundance they sometimes determine the price.
I understand we need to become a production nation but we need money to diversify too... I mean a lot of money to build power plant to provide energy and huge infastruture but why can't govt look the way of natural resources since 5yrs and make money from there to provide what we need to become a producing nation

country like Australia depend on natural resources for their economy and they are doing fine... the same as South Africa b4 they entered recession and that is cause by corruption
Re: Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price by wink2015(m): 8:19am On Mar 24, 2020
NIGERIA THAT REFUSE TO DIVERSIFY ITS ECONOMY FROM A MONOPRODUCT BASED ECONOMY THAT CENTRED STRICTLY ON ONLY CRUDE OIL EXPORT WILL TAKE THE LARGEST PAIN FROM THIS PROBLEM.

It is now time for President Buhari to drop from MINISTER OF PETROLEUM. ( Obasanjo created this bad precendent and stop this fulani man with this office. he now thinks nothing but crude oil that is not even in the northern region commercially )

What stop him from being MINISTER OF AGRICULTURE.

IT IS NOW TIME FOR NIGERIA TO INVEST IN AGRICULTURE.

Massive Agriculture.

Companies manufacturing tractors, farming implement should also be set up.

Agro-allied industries should also be set up.
Re: Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price by Duplik8t77(m): 8:19am On Mar 24, 2020
Sammy07:

You should understand politicians thrive on propaganda.

Even our so called governors.
How many on them fulfil their campaigns
but that propaganda was too illogical. How only you go stabilise oil price, you be OPEC?
Re: Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price by wink2015(m): 8:20am On Mar 24, 2020
WHAT IS THE PRESIDENT, MAJOR GENERAL MUHAMMADU BUHARI ( RTD ) GAINING FROM THE POSITION OF MINISTER OF PETROLUEM?

He has held this position for close of 5 years now.
Re: Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price by Sammy07: 8:20am On Mar 24, 2020
Duplik8t77:
but that propaganda was too illogical. How only you go stabilise oil price, you be OPEC?

Not a fan of government or politician.
I read finance that's why I'm answering my. Previous replies how finance works.
Re: Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price by Sammy07: 8:22am On Mar 24, 2020
hargbolahan01:
I understand we need to become a production nation but we need money to diversify too... I mean a lot of money to build power plant to provide energy and huge infastruture but why can't govt look the way of natural resources since 5yrs and make money from there to provide what we need to become a producing nation

country like Australia depend on natural resources for their economy and they are doing fine... the same as South Africa b4 they entered recession and that is cause by corruption

Thanks to God you understand me.
I blame government in. That aspect.
I'm not even a fan of them, but I studied finance, that's why I'm replying my answers in finance way..
Re: Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price by iLegendd(m): 8:25am On Mar 24, 2020
Biodun1929:

Gbam

These leaders are fond of running to native doctors when in trouble and when you try to take power away from them, but now, let me see the native doctor they'll run to. They're all in disarray as I type.

Native doctors is the reason they act the way they do, but Covid is here to reset their brains. Also, I'm happy the politicians who tested positive are being secretive about it so that they can easily infect their colleagues and they can all die together.

It's a win win for the country.

5 Likes

Re: Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price by Nobody: 8:26am On Mar 24, 2020
iLegendd:
Let everything crash. At least, our leaders and everyone will have a rude awakening. Sometimes, it requires calamity to get progress.

Calamity is our only revolution fighter since everyone is afraid to fight the leaders and coerce them make amends.

Rude awakening? I want this to happen but na we go bear the brunt,you see the multiple taxing going on in our bank accounts,now collecting 50 naira per trx above 10k say na stamp duty according to finance act 2020..we did nothing cos we Nigerians are so powerless...

Small protest now either some people sell us out and collect money for back or they unleash soldiers on the streets and errbody make way
Re: Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price by vertueptime: 8:26am On Mar 24, 2020
Sammy07:

Guy reason objectively.

Finance and economics should be compulsory in all schools plus institution..

Out of point

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Business Can A 65-Year-Old Man Do With ₦3.5M Capital? / 4 Reasons You Would Remain Average Financially / How To Start Mini Importation Business In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.