Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,848 members, 7,855,513 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 12:11 AM

Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price (25448 Views)

Oil Price Falls To Three-week Low On Planned OPEC, Russia Output Hike / Crude Oil Price Rises To $74, Highest In Four Years / Oil Price Inches Towards $70, 44% Above Benchmark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price by mrZENographer: 8:26am On Mar 24, 2020
Do you know? POPE FRANCIS HAS BEEN PUSHING FOR THE ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT AND RELIGON.
https://www.charismanews.com/opinion/58963-12-times-pope-francis-has-openly-promoted-a-one-world-religion-or-a-new-world-order

https://cruxnow.com/vatican/2020/03/a-united-humanity-will-rise-from-pandemic-stricken-world-pope-says/amp/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07dPzM5q43c

Jesus is coming SOON!!!
Great calamity and Soul-slavery is coming upon the world SOON from the FALSE man of Peace and his False prophet. Revelation 19:20, Revelation 13:16 Matthew 24:21

PLEASE STUDY YOUR BIBLE NOW smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price by Timular: 8:27am On Mar 24, 2020
Truly we are now living in the last days or end time as Bible says. It's only God's kingdom that will solve these problems

1 Like

Re: Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price by Sammy07: 8:28am On Mar 24, 2020
vertueptime:

Out of point

To you forestry students undecided
Re: Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price by madjune(m): 8:28am On Mar 24, 2020
Gas price in Nigeria should be lower than anything.

It has fallen globally.

Nigerian marketers will always look for ways to make profit.

1 Like

Re: Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price by PrimadonnaO(f): 8:29am On Mar 24, 2020
My friend has gone for an interview. cheesy
What if I tell her not to enter my house... that she should go get quarantined for 14days somewhere else? cheesy
Re: Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price by luminouz(m): 8:29am On Mar 24, 2020
Tofax:

Diversify, diversify, Buhari refuses to diversify but he was so busy looking for crude oil in the North where he spent billions of dollars within the past 4 years. now no oil in the North and no more oil money from the South. You can have all the degrees but still be unintelligent.
Shatap....who brought the agricultural revolution if not buhari?

You lots are so myopic in reasoning.

There is crude oil in the North and there is oil money in the south.

Who dafuq told you buhari has all the degrees? undecided
Re: Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price by Nobody: 8:31am On Mar 24, 2020
Sammy07:

See the truth is there is nothing Buhari or anyone can do about it.

Even of Charles soludo, sanusi, Diezani Alison-Madueke should be president and vice together.
They can't do anything.

No bro, you got it all wrong. The world knows that there is need to move and live beyond oil hence there is diversification but bihari won't hear that. He is busy spending billions looking for oil in the north. Of course you know what holds nigeria together is not love for each other but love for oil money.

So now oil is not selling well, what next? The other day they announced with joy that they have found oil in the north, that's where his attention is.

2 Likes

Re: Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price by Sammy07: 8:33am On Mar 24, 2020
9jaDoomCountry:

No bro, you got it all wrong. The world knows that there is need to move and live beyond oil hence there is diversification but bihari won't hear that. He is busy spending billions looking for oil in the north. Of course you know what holds nigeria together is not love for each other but love for oil money.

So now oil is not selling well, what next? The other day they announced with joy that they have found oil in the north, that's where his attention is.

Yes I know, he was wrong in that aspect.

If we wants to diversify, we should diversify into Producing nation and we should use our mineral resources for ourselves.

Our agricultural products ain't making sales.

1 Like

Re: Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price by Olusola147(m): 8:34am On Mar 24, 2020
Nigerians make una hustle up!
Re: Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price by Mizwisdom(f): 8:50am On Mar 24, 2020
World wide recession loading. Nigeria can't afford to be locked down but silly people will always want to mimic things going on in foreign land
Re: Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price by adakoleagbenu: 8:51am On Mar 24, 2020
Truthbites & Sammy07 making sense.

Agriculture for export may not necessarily yield mega money, but we need to produce very well for our consumption first. how can we spend billions importing tomato, matches, lighters, toothpick, okro, milk palm oil, groundnut oil etc.
we also cannot neglect d mineral resources too. Nigeria is blessed with gold, ruby, mica, coal, bitumen, etc

and our refineries not working is a deliberate plan by the government.

2 Likes

Re: Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price by adakoleagbenu: 8:54am On Mar 24, 2020
buhari spent billions of dollars looking for oil in the north.
imagine if he had f.uck.ing used that money to at least rehabilitate just one of the refineries
Re: Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price by hargbolahan01: 8:56am On Mar 24, 2020
Sammy07:

Thanks to God you understand me.
I blame government in. That aspect.
I'm not even a fan of them, but I studied finance, that's why I'm replying my answers in finance way..
as a finance expert I need your advice on something

I'm planning to go into tomato farming at the end of the month but I'm thinking twice because lockdown and economic instability caused by corona virus
should I go on or stop for now
Re: Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price by Nobody: 8:58am On Mar 24, 2020
Pmedia7787:

And may more mightier calamity fall on Nigerian to bring a progress

I have never seen a country with thise measure of resources suffering

I see people on quora daily asking what is wrong with Nigeria

No one in these world as it is now is able to diagnose the problem with Nigeria

So...this is our next prayer line

Nigerians. Nigerians are the problem with Nigeria. If you pack all of us on paid leave to the Bahamas and bring in 200 million Malaysians, Japanese, or Europeans to take over the existing structures as is, you will see the heaven they will make out of Nigeria in just one year.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price by hargbolahan01: 8:58am On Mar 24, 2020
Mizwisdom:
World wide recession loading. Nigeria can't afford to be locked down but silly people will always want to mimic things going on in foreign land
then we should continue importing covid 19.....if the number of cases rise to 64k in one month like italy.... where is health facility that care for them in Nigeria?
Re: Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price by Sammy07: 8:59am On Mar 24, 2020
hargbolahan01:
as a finance expert I need your advice on something

I'm planning to go into tomato farming at the end of the month but I'm thinking twice because lockdown and economic instability caused by corona virus
should I go on or stop for now

I'll advice you to go..
If you have the capital.

The coronavirus of a thing will disappear in few weeks or months..
B4 then, your tomatoes would have germinate and grow.
There will be demand for it.

1 Like

Re: Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price by Sammy07: 9:01am On Mar 24, 2020
adakoleagbenu:
Truthbites & Sammy07 making sense.

Agriculture for export may not necessarily yield mega money, but we need to produce very well for our consumption first. how can we spend billions importing tomato, matches, lighters, toothpick, okro, milk palm oil, groundnut oil etc.
we also cannot neglect d mineral resources too. Nigeria is blessed with gold, ruby, mica, coal, bitumen, etc

and our refineries not working is a deliberate plan by the government.

gbayi bro√
Re: Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price by PHijo(m): 9:04am On Mar 24, 2020
Great development! $10 will be a very nice price.
Re: Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price by Mizwisdom(f): 9:06am On Mar 24, 2020
hargbolahan01:
then we should continue importing covid 19.....if the number of cases rise to 64k in one month like italy.... where is health facility that care for them in Nigeria?

See, even if earthquake occurs today, you will still see Nigerians selling their wares. Why, you may ask, because a good number of people survive from daily earnings, for such people not going out means they might not eat that day or what they will eat won't be more than N100 for the entire day. When govt ask for total lockdown will they give people stipends to buy food and drugs or how do you people expect such people to survive?

1 Like

Re: Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price by Biodun1929(m): 9:07am On Mar 24, 2020
iLegendd:

These leaders are fond of running to native doctors when in trouble and when you try to take power away from them, but now, let me see the native doctor they'll run to. They're all in disarray as I type.

Native doctors is the reason they act the way they do, but Covid is here to reset their brains. Also, I'm happy the politicians who tested positive are being secretive about it so that they can easily infect their colleagues and they can all die together.

It's a win win for the country.

Lol
Re: Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price by somi: 9:09am On Mar 24, 2020
Unemployed and country about to shut down How do I stock up food well any help from anyone will be highly appreciated
Ecobank plc 013068372
Re: Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price by swanky500(m): 9:14am On Mar 24, 2020
segebase:
Booharii over to u

What does this mean?? �
Re: Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price by Nobody: 9:15am On Mar 24, 2020
Sammy07:

Yes I know, he was wrong in that aspect.

If we wants to diversify, we should diversify into Producing nation and we should use our mineral resources for ourselves.

Our agricultural products ain't making sales.

There's one thing man cannot do without, consumables. If our agricultural products are not making sales, it's because it's not enough or not well packaged. It's because there's no investment in it. It's because there's no enough encouragement to private participation.

Before Jonathan, government controlled the price and sales of fertilizer and there were middle men.

These middle men were not farmers but they were given license to buy from the government and sell to farmers just to enrich some few individuals. That was state sponsored corruption. Now these individuals add a criminal percent as a mark up for doing nothing o. By the time it gets to the farmers, they are bleeding already which will in turn reflect on the price of the farm produce.

Jonathan came, dismantled that structure. Created a system whereby fertilizer is accessible to every farmer in the 774 local government areas of the country at the government price.

The only thing you spend extra is four naira with which you text your payment slip number to the local government. In less than sixty seconds, a code number will be sent back to you and you use it to proceed for collection. The releasing unit does not touch your money. Farmers had direct access to fertilizer but nigerians don't like stuff like this, bihari government came in and middle men came back and here we are.

3 Likes

Re: Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price by CyberWolf: 9:16am On Mar 24, 2020
The rest of the year go rugged oo. I see USD hitting 430-450 very soon.
Re: Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price by PHijo(m): 9:17am On Mar 24, 2020
Sammy07:

See the truth is there is nothing Buhari or anyone can do about it.

Even of Charles soludo, sanusi, Diezani Alison-Madueke should be president and vice together.
They can't do anything.

There is a lot that could have been done!
It is this same attitude in 2015/2016 that led to this! Why is Nigeria the most vulnerable oil producing country on earth? She has been producing since 1956. Norway just started in 1971 and got her acts together .

All the things Buhari failed to do in 2016 led to this. His target has been diversification of Nigeria's crude oil revenue not diversification of Nigeria's revenue stream.

Any observer would have noticed what happened as we lost one of our most important clients, the USA. Today they are a net exporter, competing with Nigerian oil for market share.

If Nigeria tried to increase domestic consumption and develop non-oil streams things would have been quite different.

Buhari and people in his government are fixated with USD revenues. What we need is revenues. They don't necessarily have to be USD revenues. It is not as difficult as these men make it look. If there was a way, labour unions should be disbanded. They've caused more harm than good in Nigeria.
Re: Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price by truthstands01: 9:36am On Mar 24, 2020
Now that the politicians failed to fix the hospitals and there's ban on travel, if they contact Corona virus, where will they go for treatment? E don set.
Re: Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price by Acidosis(m): 9:54am On Mar 24, 2020
Tofax:

Diversify, diversify, Buhari refuses to diversify but he was so busy looking for crude oil in the North where he spent billions of dollars within the past 4 years. now no oil in the North and no more oil money from the South. You can have all the degrees but still be unintelligent.

Seriously, this is the most stup;d things Buhari did in his first tenure.
Re: Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price by MrGerald(m): 11:14am On Mar 24, 2020
kings59:
shocked

I went to a gas station yesterday to have my gas cylinder re-filled. I was surprised to hear that the price has reduced from #1700 to #1500.

Kinda cool.
Yee but if this trend continue it might be hard for you to buy it at that #1500
Re: Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price by vertueptime: 3:13pm On Mar 24, 2020
Sammy07:

To you forestry students undecided

??
Re: Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price by Growing(m): 8:48pm On Mar 24, 2020
I feel the global shutdown is already in place.

I hope it doesn't get to global financial collapse.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Start Mini Importation Business In Nigeria / 4 Reasons You Would Remain Average Financially / Beautiful Photos Of Nana Otedola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.