Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,862 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:11 PM

Tanzania Country Remain The Only Africa Country To Shut Down Churches - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tanzania Country Remain The Only Africa Country To Shut Down Churches (281 Views)

Why We Shut Down Synagogue Church - T.B Joshua's Widow Evelyn (Pics) / One Year After SCOAN's Closure, 60% Of Hotels In Ikotun Shut Down! / So Will I (100 Billion X): You Can Not Listen To This Song And Remain The Same (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tanzania Country Remain The Only Africa Country To Shut Down Churches by Olami112: 7:58am On Mar 24, 2020
TANZANIA COUNTRY REMAIN THE ONLY AFRICA COUNTRY TO SHUT DOWN CHURCHES

Magufuli defies order to shut worship places, says coronavirus cannot survive in churches

During a congregational address on Sunday, Magufuli termed Coronavirus outbreak as satanic, adding that there is no way it could thrive in 'Christ's Body,' referring to the church. "Corona cannot survive in the body of Christ; it will burn. That is exactly why I did not panic while taking the Holy Communion," stated President Magufuli.

However he announced on Sunday that the number of confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the country has risen from six on Friday to 12 by Sunday morning, appealing for heightened observance of protective guidelines given by health authorities

Magufuli said eight out of the 12 confirmed cases were Tanzanians and the remaining four cases were foreigners, adding that all but one case came from countries affected by the disease.

Re: Tanzania Country Remain The Only Africa Country To Shut Down Churches by Aidejay(m): 8:21am On Mar 24, 2020
Wawu...!
So it's an African thing, not just Nigeria.
All African leaders are on the same brain wave frequency.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-22/tanzanian-president-under-fire-for-worship-meetings-amid-virus

https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2001365344/president-magufuli says-coronavirus-cannot-survive-in-churches

This OP wan cause confusion.
Re: Tanzania Country Remain The Only Africa Country To Shut Down Churches by Olami112: 8:47am On Mar 24, 2020
May God help us all

(1) (Reply)

Ifa Priests In Cuba Pray Against Coronavirus / Recovered Coronavirus Patient: 'God Breathed Into My Lungs And Healed Me' / Video: Muslim Sect In Jos Riot Over Coronavirus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.