Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,462 members, 7,816,085 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

Can Face Mask Protect Someone Against Covid-19 - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Can Face Mask Protect Someone Against Covid-19 (685 Views)

How Much Do They Sell Face Mask And Hand Sanitizer In Your Area? / Coronavirus: Prostitute Wears Face Mask (video) / Doctor Treating Italian Man With Coronavirus Doesn't Wear Face Mask, Explains (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Face Mask Protect Someone Against Covid-19 by Agbalanze(m): 8:35am On Mar 24, 2020
I have seen people wearing face mask since the break out of corona virus. But does it really work.
Some people said that it only stops carrier from transmitting it to another and not the other way round.

How does it really work??
Re: Can Face Mask Protect Someone Against Covid-19 by Yenefer(f): 8:38am On Mar 24, 2020
No.
Re: Can Face Mask Protect Someone Against Covid-19 by Gwagone: 8:43am On Mar 24, 2020
No please
Re: Can Face Mask Protect Someone Against Covid-19 by SKhanmi: 9:05am On Mar 24, 2020
Almost burst out laughing when I entered a office here, all the guests were putting on something, from scarf to even wrapper. All looking like expatriate egunguns. Most people don't know carriers should be the one to wear face masks to prevent transmission to others. Mask won't stop you from catching it anyway
Re: Can Face Mask Protect Someone Against Covid-19 by yomi007k(m): 10:41am On Mar 24, 2020
SKhanmi:
Almost burst out laughing when I entered a office here, all the guests were putting on something, from scarf to even wrapper. All looking like expatriate egunguns. Most people don't know carriers should be the one to wear face masks to prevent transmission to others. Mask won't stop you from catching it anyway
How do you know they are not carriers?
Re: Can Face Mask Protect Someone Against Covid-19 by SKhanmi: 11:23am On Mar 24, 2020
yomi007k:

How do you know they are not carriers?
I don't but if you're going to cover up , you might as well dress up like Ebola doctors. After all y'all forgot your skin pores.
Re: Can Face Mask Protect Someone Against Covid-19 by SkyeAyers: 7:15pm On May 15, 2020
everywhere in the world, the hot topic of discussion is COVID 19. people are using different forums to ask Why choose surgical mask? And important questions like this. This will definitely help people to keep themselves away from the virus.
Re: Can Face Mask Protect Someone Against Covid-19 by Kazim88: 11:02pm On May 15, 2020
From the virus? No.

But facemask would help you psychologically, it would give you a feeling of protection.

Same as Shutdown, they both give false sense of protection.

But infact, shutdown and wearing of mask for a long time are both very dangerous
Re: Can Face Mask Protect Someone Against Covid-19 by benjaminnash56: 2:13pm On Aug 12, 2020
The mask does not give a 100% chance that you will not get covid-19, but it definitely protects you and thanks to the mask the probability that you will get sick will be much less than if you are without a mask. Personally, I believe that everyone is obliged to wear a mask, since without a mask, a person threatens not only his own health, but also the health of the people around him. It is quite difficult to find good and high-quality masks in pharmaceutical stores, personally I prefer to order an earloop face mask because this way you can order a huge amount at once and they will deliver a package to your home, so you don't even have to go anywhere. Think about your health and wear a mask when there are too many people around.
Re: Can Face Mask Protect Someone Against Covid-19 by Octopus3000: 6:19pm On Aug 13, 2020
benjaminnash56:
The mask does not give a 100% chance that you will not get covid-19, but it definitely protects you and thanks to the mask the probability that you will get sick will be much less than if you are without a mask. Personally, I believe that everyone is obliged to wear a mask, since without a mask, a person threatens not only his own health, but also the health of the people around him. It is quite difficult to find good and high-quality masks in pharmaceutical stores, personally I prefer to order an earloop face mask because this way you can order a huge amount at once and they will deliver a package to your home, so you don't even have to go anywhere. Think about your health and wear a mask when there are too many people around.
I can really agree that it is indeed cheaper and faster this way. Thank you for providing a link to such a service!

(1) (Reply)

Corona Virus: China Lied,people Died / Breaking News!!! Cigarettes Smokers Are Immune To Covid-19 ("pics Attached) / Why Kogi Has No Reported Case Of COVID-19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.