Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,470 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

In Marriage Who Should Be Your Next Of Kin - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / In Marriage Who Should Be Your Next Of Kin (1873 Views)

As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin / Why You Should Be Careful In Choosing Your Next Of Kin (Photos) / Rude Awakening: I Am Not My Husband's Next Of Kin And Beneficiary!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Marriage Who Should Be Your Next Of Kin by bebe2007(m): 11:13am On Jun 05, 2007
I ask this question cuz i just learnt that some married men use their infants as next of kin when they have a mature wife at home. Why? i asked i got the shock of my life. One man in particular said his wife after his death may run off and marry someonelse leaving his kids to suffer. Imagine that!!! this particular trend has created alot of problems in Nigeria today. When the deceased is buried his extended family come knocking to claim all his benefits. They would say the next of kin is an infant, that everything would be kept for him till he is of age. I was told of an igbo(somewhere in Ebonyi state) custom where everything goes to the deceased brother not his immediate family. If no brother then to his sister's sons. can you beat that!!!!!!!!!
if you use your wife, i believe she can fight this fight in court and do away with these bad practices. they wouldnt have a case in the first place. Some men use their mothers, i have really heard a lot today. shocked shocked

Guys, what do you think should be the proper thing
Re: In Marriage Who Should Be Your Next Of Kin by sophienwa(f): 11:52am On Jun 05, 2007
i believe your spouse should be your next of kin cos that should be the closest person to you me thinks.
Re: In Marriage Who Should Be Your Next Of Kin by ThoniaSlim(f): 5:02am On Jun 09, 2007
@post
i think its a really stupid custom, imagine the trash.
if such guys could talk say such things. then where does the issue of trust lie?
Re: In Marriage Who Should Be Your Next Of Kin by minniepoe(f): 4:37pm On Jun 12, 2007
before the kids came into being, there has been your wife or your husband so why use your child as you next of kin if your spouse is still alive.
the bible says so shall a man leave his mother and father and shall cleave to his wife and they twain shall become as one flesh.
your spouse is your better half so why choose someone else as your next of kin?
Re: In Marriage Who Should Be Your Next Of Kin by Creamish(f): 6:08pm On Jun 13, 2007
Husband or wife. . . .no other person cool
Re: In Marriage Who Should Be Your Next Of Kin by benit(f): 9:51am On Jun 16, 2007
Your spouse should be your next of kin. People use their son/daughter also, which could be acceptable to me but using your brother or sister when you are married does'nt make sense to me
Re: In Marriage Who Should Be Your Next Of Kin by fuzek: 4:49pm On Aug 27, 2007
Isn't it amazing that no Nairaland guy/boy has replied this thread that says it all embarassed lipsrsealed Just believe God for d best of them all, that can entrust u&God wit his life wink
Re: In Marriage Who Should Be Your Next Of Kin by akumbu: 1:50pm On Aug 28, 2007
@fuzek,
Dont allow the spirit of penticostalism to deceive you,
You are the one to make the decision noy God this time around.
Husband should be next of kin for wife and Wife next of kin for husband,
case closed, then they can will their property or whatever to their son(s) or daughter(s) as the case may be.
Re: In Marriage Who Should Be Your Next Of Kin by yewaman1(m): 2:53pm On Aug 28, 2007
my wife first, has the kids grow, will
add my firstborn. cool
Re: In Marriage Who Should Be Your Next Of Kin by babysexy: 1:31pm On Aug 29, 2007
If your spouse is alive ,then he or she should be the Next of kin
Re: In Marriage Who Should Be Your Next Of Kin by fuzek: 1:55pm On Aug 29, 2007
akumbu:

@fuzek,
Dont allow the spirit of penticostalism to deceive you,
You are the one to make the decision noy God this time around.

shocked shocked What is not allowing the spirit of penticostalism deceive me? Since when has God stop making decisions for man? Answer= the garden of Eden. So my friend i know dat and my last comment:

fuzek:

Isn't it amazing that no Nairaland guy/boy has replied this thread that says it all embarassed lipsrsealed Just believe God for d best of them all, that can entrust u&God wit his life wink

If u read it well, it didn't say anything about God making decisions for any1 undecided it says "believe God" or when do we have to stop believing. Pls read&understand my comments verywell, b4 replying wink grin
Re: In Marriage Who Should Be Your Next Of Kin by BABEELOVE(f): 9:08pm On Aug 29, 2007
2 people in ma living will!

The spouse
One family member as secondary---in case me and the spouse are in the same aircraft.
Re: In Marriage Who Should Be Your Next Of Kin by toba1909(m): 6:58pm On Sep 03, 2007
For real ma wife.
Re: In Marriage Who Should Be Your Next Of Kin by NaJaHaJe(f): 3:25pm On Sep 04, 2007
my sweetheart!!!
Re: In Marriage Who Should Be Your Next Of Kin by hamabra(m): 5:39pm On Sep 04, 2007
my wife, simple as ABC,

(1) (Reply)

Should Parents Choose The Spouse Of Their Children? / My Wife Wants Me To Denounce My Family / ss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.