Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Nigeria Records Two New Coronavirus Cases — Toll Now 42 - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigeria Records Two New Coronavirus Cases — Toll Now 42 (51756 Views)

Kwara Records Two Coronavirus Cases / COVID-19: 14 New Cases test positive, 1 Discharged Today. Toll Now 65 / Nigeria records two new coronavirus cases — toll now 44 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Records Two New Coronavirus Cases — Toll Now 42 by Angelfrost(m): 4:10pm On Mar 24, 2020
eleojo23:

What do they mean by returning traveller? angry

I thought they closed the airports to international flights?

People are entering this nation from abroad as we type here... You underestimate the corruption in the Nigerian system.

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Records Two New Coronavirus Cases — Toll Now 42 by GermanMelania: 4:11pm On Mar 24, 2020
eleojo23:

We dont know which date the traveller returned to naija. It could well be before monday
Re: Nigeria Records Two New Coronavirus Cases — Toll Now 42 by eaglez(m): 4:11pm On Mar 24, 2020
Please o, #totallockdownforonemonth# this thing is getting serious, PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI please declare a total lockdown.[b][/b]
Re: Nigeria Records Two New Coronavirus Cases — Toll Now 42 by Dollabiz: 4:11pm On Mar 24, 2020
Elshaddai
Re: Nigeria Records Two New Coronavirus Cases — Toll Now 42 by Amozever12: 4:11pm On Mar 24, 2020
osuofia2:
THE DULLARD, HISTORY WONT BE KIND TO YOU BECAUSE YOU HAD OPTIONS OF CLOSING THE BORDERS BEFORE NOW BUT YOU REFUSED TO ACT,
Don't mind the useless government and that yeye Adesina was saying there is no need to panic and shut the airport, because the govt is working against the spread of the virus

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Records Two New Coronavirus Cases — Toll Now 42 by Openbusiness: 4:12pm On Mar 24, 2020
Romanoff:
If you can afford to stay at home, just stay at home.
Won't work. "90% of Nigerians" earn about $1 a day

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Records Two New Coronavirus Cases — Toll Now 42 by SmartMen: 4:12pm On Mar 24, 2020
eleojo23:

when did they close it? was it not just few days ago? Una never see anything...
Re: Nigeria Records Two New Coronavirus Cases — Toll Now 42 by akanbiaa(m): 4:14pm On Mar 24, 2020
eleojo23:

Maybe he was amongst the last batch and just got tested.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Records Two New Coronavirus Cases — Toll Now 42 by membranus: 4:15pm On Mar 24, 2020
AmuDimkpa:

It grows so fast and can get unmanageable. Last week, the cases here in Australia were not upto 1000, now there are over 2000 cases and the government is working very hard to stem and slow it down. I am praying very hard for Nigeria and Nigerians especially with that government in power. cry cry

Thanks Bro. GOD will answer your prayers on our behalf in JESUS NAME, Amen.
Re: Nigeria Records Two New Coronavirus Cases — Toll Now 42 by Emilokoiyawon: 4:15pm On Mar 24, 2020
Obinnau:
Nigerians were saying that we are resistant to the virus. Now the chicken has come home to roost.
The worst is that people are still taking the pandemic for granted till now.

Though I am surprised that the numbers are not rising at an alarming pace.

First don't believe the number you see up there because if you don't have enough testing, you don't know how many Nigerians are infected. Take that number and multiply by 1000, and you will be closer to the real value. Secondly, COVID19 infected number follows an exponential curve. In the beginning the number effected is small, but when that number reaches are critical value then the number of infected blows up exponentially. In order to stop this exponential spike many countries who call afford it have effected a stay at home order. Now, in a country like Nigeria most people would starve if they stayed at home for more than a few days. Nigeria is in a very dangerous situation. Things can get really bad for this country in a few months.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Records Two New Coronavirus Cases — Toll Now 42 by Martinola(m): 4:17pm On Mar 24, 2020
Hmmm Watching with keen attention.
Re: Nigeria Records Two New Coronavirus Cases — Toll Now 42 by Gabbriell: 4:18pm On Mar 24, 2020
eleojo23:

The border was closed for some specific countries not all. The border is still very open to Nigerians coming in from abroad and some countries with few to no corona virus cases.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Records Two New Coronavirus Cases — Toll Now 42 by Truthbites: 4:19pm On Mar 24, 2020
eleojo23:

Maybe he returned earlier, before the closure

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Records Two New Coronavirus Cases — Toll Now 42 by Osonddu: 4:20pm On Mar 24, 2020
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
This message is for my Yoruba brothers and sisters,
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
My Yoruba brothers and sisters should take heart, things will get better, it's just a matter of time
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
Let us not allow CoronaVirus to weigh us down, we are bigger than this
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
We the people of South East are praying for you, nothing will happen to you people. We will pass this perilous time
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
One Love
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Records Two New Coronavirus Cases — Toll Now 42 by UnusualJhay(m): 4:20pm On Mar 24, 2020
close border since! !

you were claiming "we're ready, we're ready"....

Oya na

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Records Two New Coronavirus Cases — Toll Now 42 by Offpoint: 4:21pm On Mar 24, 2020
wonuks:
It's well oh.

*Stay indoors if you can for two weeks.

*If you must go out kindly follow safety measures.

*Buy and stock food if possible for 14 days.
Nobody will go out if they can afford to stock their homes with food....
The reality on ground is 70% nigerians can afford to stock their homes with a week foodstuffs.

My greatest concern are the struggling youths, most needs daily hustles to fend for themselves.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Records Two New Coronavirus Cases — Toll Now 42 by Phyde: 4:21pm On Mar 24, 2020
And we are still taking it lightly here in Lagos sad
Re: Nigeria Records Two New Coronavirus Cases — Toll Now 42 by Mizwisdom(f): 4:23pm On Mar 24, 2020
If to say na so dem dey give us update about people falling sick with malaria by now that number would have reached 200,000.
Re: Nigeria Records Two New Coronavirus Cases — Toll Now 42 by JONNYSPUTE(m): 4:28pm On Mar 24, 2020
eleojo23:

... I don't know how our leaders reason.Incompetency and lack of courage to take decisive measures

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Records Two New Coronavirus Cases — Toll Now 42 by raufgaga(m): 4:29pm On Mar 24, 2020
Dis one na livescore for BABY SOCCER Ooo!... 2up 2down...
Re: Nigeria Records Two New Coronavirus Cases — Toll Now 42 by XANDERBOY85: 4:30pm On Mar 24, 2020
Opiletool:
All these returning travellers self.

They should have closed the borders like two weeks ago! I suspect they didn’t because Kyari and other thieving, useless members of the elite, ruling gov’t and their spouses/children were yet to return to Nigeria....with their corona infested bodies!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Records Two New Coronavirus Cases — Toll Now 42 by SirKomA(m): 4:31pm On Mar 24, 2020
Dem Don turn this thing to votes count

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Records Two New Coronavirus Cases — Toll Now 42 by Modikko(m): 4:32pm On Mar 24, 2020
Like play Like play the numbers are rising astronomically. God save us
Re: Nigeria Records Two New Coronavirus Cases — Toll Now 42 by OdefaGirl(f): 4:32pm On Mar 24, 2020
eleojo23:

It was actually shut down today.....all these while, it was audio.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Records Two New Coronavirus Cases — Toll Now 42 by Bbbwings: 4:34pm On Mar 24, 2020
EVILFOREST:
This thing don become ELECTION UPDATE ooooo
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Records Two New Coronavirus Cases — Toll Now 42 by Caleb17: 4:34pm On Mar 24, 2020
Lol. As in ehh. Lagos and Ogun State are leading with the highest number of votes..�
EVILFOREST:
This thing don become ELECTION UPDATE ooooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Records Two New Coronavirus Cases — Toll Now 42 by XANDERBOY85: 4:35pm On Mar 24, 2020
Gabbriell:

The border was closed for some specific countries not all. The border is still very open to Nigerians coming in from abroad and some countries with few to no corona virus cases.

The rule should have been any Nigerian returning should be in an enforced quarantine for at least two weeks....whether they like it or not! But because it involved the elite and their families, this wasn’t the case. The likes of Kyari and Atikus’ son were allowed to return and walk about freely! Now see where we are today!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Records Two New Coronavirus Cases — Toll Now 42 by lizdammy: 4:37pm On Mar 24, 2020
Mercy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See My HIV Test Result!! / 10 Common Habits That Damage Your Kidneys (Photo) / 9-Year-Old Girl Dies After Her Mum Applied Sniper On Her Lice-Infested Hair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.