Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,941 members, 7,845,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

My Malaria Chronicle (the Fear Of COVID 19) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Malaria Chronicle (the Fear Of COVID 19) (269 Views)

10,000 GMO Mosquitoes Released In Djibouti To Fight Malaria / Help! My Malaria Symptoms Is Only Getting Worse After 3 Months Of Treatment / NCDC Reacts To News That There Are 472 Confirmed Cases Of COVID-19 In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Malaria Chronicle (the Fear Of COVID 19) by Qtsnow(m): 3:31pm On Mar 24, 2020
My Malaria Chronicle (The Fear of Covid-19)

During office hours yesterday Monday 23rd March 2020. I had this usual feverish feeling, so I beckoned on my Iya Alagbo close to the office, to give me the usual typhoid and malaria mixture, nobody should form ajebutter here. Took the mixture with pọnmọ alata to step down the feeling on my tongue and began to round up the day's work. Got home, fulfilled all righteousness (Solah, dinner and stuff) and off to bed. Took some Vitamin C, you know now to boost the immune system.

I have been using hand sanitiser, using my elbow to open doors, maintain social distance, avoid crowded place. Funniest part, I and a colleague typically kept distance from lady that her boss just came back from the U.S during the weekend, we even questioned why the woman had to come to her place of business when she had been informed at the Airport to self isolate for some few days. She was busy taking her kids out and driving around town. She told her employees she was tested and detained at the airport and was told she showed no symptoms of the virus. I told my colleague I was snitch on her.

So back to last night after taking vitamin C, said some prophetic prayers. Some hours into the night, started having headache, my body was feeling somehow, but no cold, cough, sneezing or sore throat, but was overwhelmed with this silly thought of the COVID 19. I was like, should I call the hotline so they can come and carry me in the morning, or I should I just kuku self isolate. I became paranoid, I swallowed my siptum several times to confirm if I had sore throat. My eyeball started to feel somehow.

I this moment I started recalling who and whom I had come in contact with, my wife and kids, my colleagues and partners at the office to the iya alagbo. You know that kind of feeling. Went through the common symptoms of COVID 19 over and over, but nothing similar. 5:30am struggled to get out of bed, still had the feverish feeling with the headache, fulfilled early morning righteousness and went back to bed. 8:40am went for Testing and result came out with double plus malaria and a bit of typhoid. My anxiety and paranoia disappeared.

Placed on Injection for 3 days with some drugs. Back home and writing this. For those that care to know, my genotype is AA and I usual have malaria for the slightest mosquito bite. This malaria episode should be the fifth this year.

Don't pray to be sick during this period, else you might become more paranoid than I was. Any similar experience can be shared.

1 Like

Re: My Malaria Chronicle (the Fear Of COVID 19) by money121(m): 3:33pm On Mar 24, 2020
Stay safe
Re: My Malaria Chronicle (the Fear Of COVID 19) by bolanto24(m): 3:38pm On Mar 24, 2020
The fear of corona will cause more damage. God help us.
Re: My Malaria Chronicle (the Fear Of COVID 19) by Pierced(f): 4:01pm On Mar 24, 2020
Lol. cheesy cheesy

I had running stomach yesterday.....was also throwing up.... plus cold......and was dizzy too. Only thing that calmed me down was I wasn't coughing and didn't av catharr. Took malaria drugs and this morning I feel better.

I stay in Lagos.....the thoughts that went through my mind ehnnnn....things like when last I visited a crowded place(not been to church for the past 3 yrs) although av been entering danfo buses and going to the market(mile 12 market....and this is one of the most crowded market in Lagos). I also remembered that I am been eating road side roasted plaintain and roasted yam....aboki fried yam and potatoes.....moi moi from Yoruba road side food sellers.

Lol...... I seriously need to control my urge for road side food. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

The malaria drugs I took we're Lonart and Amoxil. ( Amoxil is for typhoid)
Re: My Malaria Chronicle (the Fear Of COVID 19) by Godsonkemz(m): 3:14am On Mar 29, 2020
Thank God it's not coronavirus. However, testing positive to covid19 is not a death sentence. With proper and early treatment and quarantine, one can still survive.

(1) (Reply)

Exercises That Stimulate Libido And Boost Sex Drive / Turkmenistan Government Ban The Use Of The Word Coronavirus In The Country / CDC DIY Face Mask

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.