Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,158 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

Me And My Landlord On Covid-19 Issue - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Me And My Landlord On Covid-19 Issue (606 Views)

Covid-19 Issue In Nigeria. Real Or Imaginary? / Help Me Convid-19 Issue / Coronavirus: Governor Akeredolu Features In Skit To Sensitize Public On COVID-19 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Me And My Landlord On Covid-19 Issue by babatee1985(m): 5:02pm On Mar 24, 2020
Good day my fellow nairalanders, hope you are all doing well? I'm having issue with my landlady agent. What happened was that I was given quit notice 6 months ago to vacate this house by ending of last month, but due to financial difficulty, I couldn't raise funds for a new apartment. Last week, I paid for another apartment which is still occupied by someone planning to relocate to Lagos State by ending of this month and my landlady has already told the agent to inform me that she is going to start renovating the house by early next month. Now the problem is this, when I asked the guy the exact date he is relocating, what he told me was that he can't risk his life by relocating to Lagos for now coz of covid-19 and he said maybe when the pressure has gone down a bit then he can relocate. When I told the agent, he said the landlady doesn't care about the virus or not that I should just move latest on the 31st of this month. My wife also said she cannot risk her health because of one landlady that she should do her worst if she can't be patient till this virus outbreak goes down. So my people what should I do, should I report this issue to the appropriate channels or I should keep on begging her to be patient with me? I don't want to take any step that will make me guilty at the end so that is why I need your help on what to do. Thank you all.
Re: Me And My Landlord On Covid-19 Issue by kryptochats: 5:04pm On Mar 24, 2020
better go and beg her, by law is 6 months notice, if that elapses she has every right to throw you out! so better numbly kneel and beg her
Re: Me And My Landlord On Covid-19 Issue by KaideeGee(m): 5:10pm On Mar 24, 2020
Dude i think u should beg her for some more time, appeal to her humanity, if she doesn't see reason with u, i don't see wat stops u from taking the case to appropriate quarters.

Just my thought though
Re: Me And My Landlord On Covid-19 Issue by babatee1985(m): 5:12pm On Mar 24, 2020
kryptochats:
better go and beg her, by law is 6 months notice, if that elapses she has every right to throw you out! so better numbly kneel and beg her
Hmmm... the funniest thing is that I have never seen her before. The real landlord who happens to be her father died six months ago and he willed the house to her. She gave me quit notice just after one week of willing the house to her and it is only her agent that she normally send to me. Both she and her agent are based in Lagos and the house is In ogun state (abeokuta). Even if I see her on the road I won't know her because I have never seen her for once. Thank you for your advice sir.
Re: Me And My Landlord On Covid-19 Issue by datola: 5:12pm On Mar 24, 2020
Speak to her in gentle voice.
Re: Me And My Landlord On Covid-19 Issue by babatee1985(m): 5:13pm On Mar 24, 2020
datola:
Speak to her in gentle voice.
Hmmm... the funniest thing is that I have never seen her before. The real landlord who happens to be her father died six months ago and he willed the house to her. She gave me quit notice just after one week of willing the house to her and it is only her agent that she normally send to me. Both she and her agent are based in Lagos and the house is In ogun state (abeokuta). Even if I see her on the road I won't know her because I have never seen her for once. Thank you for your advice sir.

1 Like

Re: Me And My Landlord On Covid-19 Issue by Abfinest007(m): 5:47pm On Mar 24, 2020
go n collect d money u paid for d house n look for another house i know is not easy

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu orders closure of Lagos markets / NCDC Report 5 New Cases Of Corona Virus / NCDC Confirms 11 New Cases Of Coronavirus, Total Rises To 81

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.