Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,591 members, 7,823,576 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

NCDC Confirms 11 New Cases Of Coronavirus, Total Rises To 81 - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NCDC Confirms 11 New Cases Of Coronavirus, Total Rises To 81 (607 Views)

COVID-19: Borno Confirms 11 Deaths, 69 Infections / Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms 11 New Cases, Total Now 81 / 40 Persons Infected As NCDC Confirms 4 New Coronavirus Cases (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

NCDC Confirms 11 New Cases Of Coronavirus, Total Rises To 81 by Yuncage(m): 2:49am On Mar 28, 2020
The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) has confirmed eleven (11) new cases of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) disease in the country.
The Centre giving a breakdown of the new cases stated on its Twitter page that 8 were confirmed in Lagos, 2 in Enugu and 1 in Edo State.
This brings the total confirmed cases to 81 with 3 already being discharged and 1 death recorded.
Lagos State, the epicentre of the disease in the country has 52 cases, FCT- 14, Ogun- 3, Ekiti- 1, Oyo- 3, Edo- 2, Bauchi- 2 Osun-1 Rivers- 1, Enugu- 2.
The recent report is coming a few hours after the NCDC confirmed five new cases of the disease (3 in FCT and 2 in Oyo State).
This brings the total new confirmed cases on Friday to 16.

The Lagos commissioner for health, Prof Akin Abayomi, Friday has said that Lagos State may be seeing up to 39,000 cases of COVID-19 in the state, going by the number of cases imported into the country already.
Meanwhile, the Ekiti State Governor and Chairman of Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF), Kayode Fayemi, on Friday stated that his coronavirus test result revealed he is negative of the disease.
However, the United States Government has announced a 7 million dollars (about N2.6 billion) emergency health and humanitarian aid to Nigeria amid the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
This is part of a 274 million dollars (N103 billion) assistance package to no fewer than 63 countries affected by the disease, according to a statement by the Department of States on Friday.
Nigeria’s share, the statement said, will go into funding of “risk communication, water and sanitation activities, infection prevention, and coordination’’.
“This assistance joins more than 5.2 billion dollars (N1.9 trillion) in U.S. health assistance and more than 8.1 billion dollars (N3trillion) in total assistance for Nigeria over the past 20 years,’’ it said.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/03/ncdc-confirms-11-new-cases-of-coronavirus-total-rises-to-81/

Re: NCDC Confirms 11 New Cases Of Coronavirus, Total Rises To 81 by libertyfather(m): 2:52am On Mar 28, 2020
Increasing everyday..Help us Oh God
Re: NCDC Confirms 11 New Cases Of Coronavirus, Total Rises To 81 by Crunchy707(m): 2:59am On Mar 28, 2020
Lagos always has the highest number with every updates. How man wan take cope with this overcrowded Lagos?
Re: NCDC Confirms 11 New Cases Of Coronavirus, Total Rises To 81 by collitexnaira(m): 3:01am On Mar 28, 2020
If they are going from house to house to test people, you'd be surprised at the number of people that already has the virus without showing symptoms yet

2 Likes

Re: NCDC Confirms 11 New Cases Of Coronavirus, Total Rises To 81 by simple250: 3:04am On Mar 28, 2020
Total shutdown is the only way to go ....pls do it know to avoid the spread federal and state level
Re: NCDC Confirms 11 New Cases Of Coronavirus, Total Rises To 81 by meum: 3:05am On Mar 28, 2020
Why won't the number increase?

Who open border make Tacha (abi na Tasha) enter? As una Don open mk she enta y una no quarantine am?

Na returning travellers plenty pass inside Dat 81. Odaz wey follow inside d 81 na returning travellers still cause am.
Re: NCDC Confirms 11 New Cases Of Coronavirus, Total Rises To 81 by Dayo4real12: 3:05am On Mar 28, 2020
God help us oooo
Re: NCDC Confirms 11 New Cases Of Coronavirus, Total Rises To 81 by MERCHANDISER: 3:37am On Mar 28, 2020
China was so much becoming focused on ruling the World, dominating former World powers. Even China President never deny there is BioWeapon Lab in Wuhan, China. Everybody knows that this very deadly version of the Virus leaked/originated from the lab that was tweaking it to use BioWeapon. This virus isn't NATURAL....IT WAS CREATED/CULTURED IN A LAB INVITRO Believe it or not "CORONA VIRUS IS A LABORATORY MADE VIRUS" i know the people that made it will do everything possible to cover their tracks because it's a long planed work when the rest of the world were sleeping. Nobody will claim responsible for it because the thing is already Bio WEAPON OF MASS DESTRUCTION. ALL WORLD POWERS HAVE BIOWEAPONS... Go and read "the eyes of darkness"
Re: NCDC Confirms 11 New Cases Of Coronavirus, Total Rises To 81 by Punchline33: 3:45am On Mar 28, 2020
This virus spreads slowly in Nigeria. We are grateful to God for that. But my question is, what does the government plan to do with the window period of the sit at home which i suppose is between 14 to 21 days? I see them just tagging along with other countries issuing such orders. Are they hoping for miracles? If they dont have a clear cut plan, this sit at home will fail along the line because people will come out when the little food they have at home finishes.
Re: NCDC Confirms 11 New Cases Of Coronavirus, Total Rises To 81 by gambia(m): 4:05am On Mar 28, 2020
Total shut down is the way forward, we need to limit the spread.
Re: NCDC Confirms 11 New Cases Of Coronavirus, Total Rises To 81 by Itoro350(m): 4:05am On Mar 28, 2020
ME AT THE LOCAL MARKET YESTERDAY

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NCDC Confirms 11 New Cases Of Coronavirus, Total Rises To 81 by Nobody: 4:22am On Mar 28, 2020
Punchline33:
This virus spreads slowly in Nigeria. We are grateful to God for that. But my question is, what does the government plan to do with the window period of the sit at home which i suppose is between 14 to 21 days? I see them just tagging along with other countries issuing such orders. Are they hoping for miracles? If they dont have a clear cut plan, this sit at home will fail along the line because people will come out when the little food they have at home finishes.
You really think this virus spreads slowly here? Wake up!!! Lots of people are either in hiding or have not been tested. Most are probably still taking agbo, treating malaria.

2 Likes

Re: NCDC Confirms 11 New Cases Of Coronavirus, Total Rises To 81 by Yustash001(m): 4:41am On Mar 28, 2020
Ya Allah forgive us our sins and protect our land..
Re: NCDC Confirms 11 New Cases Of Coronavirus, Total Rises To 81 by wintersnow(m): 4:46am On Mar 28, 2020
Mehn this situation is fcked... This would probably escalate to 500 by this time next week

Re: NCDC Confirms 11 New Cases Of Coronavirus, Total Rises To 81 by Nobody: 4:58am On Mar 28, 2020
We've not gotten tested.

The world is in for this, Nigerians have to wait for international support (Giant of Africa, no respirators)
our leaders have left us, ran into hiding. Thank God no one is left out. Orun yabo, se ori eyan kan ni? (Heaven go fall, no be for only one head na)

Leaders should be careful now, they won't be secured for long if the security agencies lives are at risks too.
Re: NCDC Confirms 11 New Cases Of Coronavirus, Total Rises To 81 by Nobody: 5:21am On Mar 28, 2020
I believe we currently have at least 50k cases in Zoogeria... You're free to Argue with your Megabytes but the fact still stands that majority don't think like living things here
You live life carelessly and expect your government to treat you like human beings Who does that Even God help those who help themselves

Do not be alarmed that you can't sight a single face mask in the picture below. It's just the way we are. They are even shaking hands and exchanging funds

Everyone should just pray to their God so we don't end up paying prices for recklessness displayed by some blind feckless souls.

Re: NCDC Confirms 11 New Cases Of Coronavirus, Total Rises To 81 by Johnames: 5:24am On Mar 28, 2020
Please let us stay at home to reduce the spread, this thing is only for a while,in no time we will get our lives back.
Re: NCDC Confirms 11 New Cases Of Coronavirus, Total Rises To 81 by Doortun(m): 5:27am On Mar 28, 2020
1) The virus doesn't intend to kill. We are at the mercy of our immunity. Let your immunity usher you through this.

2) These items will help boost your immunity (Ginger, Garlic, Onion, Honey, Hot water, Sunlight-Vit D, Reduced oily foods, Pepper, Tonic water - Krest, Schweppes)

3) This pandemic will persist and by late May we will see significant decline in spread and cases of Corona Virus.

4) This is the time to engage your mind. Don't overly engage in social media and unproductive things. Grab something (Bible, Quran, Novels & Online Courses e.t.c)

5) The economy will be harsh after this pandemic. The value we add to ourself now will increase our chances of getting ahead in life.

6) Obey the law of the land as ordered by the government. Practice social distancing, frequent your hands washing e.t.c.

7) Do not panic, meditate, exercise, take a walk around the house, listen to uplifting songs.

Good people learn from their mistakes, smart people learn from other people's mistake. We will not be part of bad statistics. That said, enjoy the isolation.

1 Like

Re: NCDC Confirms 11 New Cases Of Coronavirus, Total Rises To 81 by ValCon888: 5:31am On Mar 28, 2020
The Lagos commissioner for health, Prof Akin Abayomi, Friday has said that Lagos State may be seeing up to 39,000 cases of COVID-19 in the state, going by the number of cases imported into the country already.

Who imported the cases into the country?
Who refused to stop flights into the country until it was too late?
Buhari is useless.
Re: NCDC Confirms 11 New Cases Of Coronavirus, Total Rises To 81 by exclusive2019: 5:32am On Mar 28, 2020
This is getting bad
Re: NCDC Confirms 11 New Cases Of Coronavirus, Total Rises To 81 by Godfullsam(m): 5:36am On Mar 28, 2020
Punchline33:

Exactly my thought.
Most people will rather willing surrender themselves to covid-19 than allow hunger to kill them at home.

Out FG aka Failed Government must do something fast.
Re: NCDC Confirms 11 New Cases Of Coronavirus, Total Rises To 81 by lawman88(m): 5:40am On Mar 28, 2020
My wife is a banker and still going to work! May God keep her. I think I will force her to resign if the bank don't want to release them. embarassed embarassed[color=][/color]
Re: NCDC Confirms 11 New Cases Of Coronavirus, Total Rises To 81 by Nobody: 5:40am On Mar 28, 2020
Fhhdd

Hhdd
Re: NCDC Confirms 11 New Cases Of Coronavirus, Total Rises To 81 by Godfullsam(m): 5:43am On Mar 28, 2020
Me and my family we are covered with the blood of Jesus Christ.

No evil can befall us, no plague shall come to our dwelling place.

Thousand may fall by our side, even ten thousand may fall by our right hand side. Only with our side we shall see them but they will no come to us in Jesus name.

When men are saying there is a casting down, there shall be a lifting up for the children of the most high God.
Re: NCDC Confirms 11 New Cases Of Coronavirus, Total Rises To 81 by Mynd44: 5:51am On Mar 28, 2020

(1)

Could It Be That I Recovered From The Virus / Doctor's Pleas Help.....severe Headache Is Troubling My Existence / How Safe Is Palm Oil For Cooking? A Critical Question For Discussion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.