Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

American Man Dies After Taking Chloroquine To Prevent Coronavirus - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / American Man Dies After Taking Chloroquine To Prevent Coronavirus (872 Views)

Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump / You Don't Need Face Masks To Prevent Coronavirus — Eli Perencevich / Prevent Coronavirus From Getting To Nigeria - Senate Says FG Not Doing Enough (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

American Man Dies After Taking Chloroquine To Prevent Coronavirus by Nobody: 5:16pm On Mar 24, 2020
Health care company Banner Health
announced Monday that a patient had
died and his wife was in critical
condition after they apparently took
chloroquine phosphate as a possible
cure for coronavirus.

In a statement, the company urged
Americans against taking drugs not
prescribed for them in response to the
coronavirus pandemic, which has
sickened thousands of people across
the country. The chemical, which is
available in tablet form as an
antimalarial, is also used as a cleaning
chemical.

"A man has died and his wife is under
critical care after the couple, both in
their 60s, ingested chloroquine
phosphate, an additive commonly used
at aquariums to clean fish tanks. Within
thirty minutes of ingestion, the couple
experienced immediate effects requiring
admittance to a nearby Banner Health
hospital," the statement read.

"Most patients who become infected
with COVID-19 will only require
symptomatic care and self-isolation to
prevent the risk of infecting others.
Check first with a primary care
physician. The routine use of specific
treatments, including medications
described as 'anti-COVID-19', is not
recommended for non-hospitalized
patients, including the anti-malarial drug
chloroquine," the statement continued.
It was unclear from Banner Health's
statement whether the couple had
received confirmed diagnoses
of COVID-19 before ingesting the drug.
More than 370,000 people have been
infected by the coronavirus globally, and
thousands have died.

President Trump tweeted about the use
of chloroquine as an effective treatment
for severe coronavirus cases over the
weekend, urging Food and Drug
Administration (FDA) officials to put it to
use "immediately."
"HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE &
AZITHROMYCIN, taken together, have a
real chance to be one of the biggest
game changers in the history of
medicine. The FDA has moved
mountains - Thank You! Hopefully they
will BOTH (H works better with A,
International Journal of Antimicrobial
Agents) be put in use IMMEDIATELY.
PEOPLE ARE DYING, MOVE FAST, and
GOD BLESS EVERYONE!" he tweeted.

"Trump kept saying it was basically
pretty much a cure," the woman whose
husband died told NBC.

She said her advice for people would be,
"Don't take anything. Don't believe
anything. Don't believe anything that the
president says and his people ... call
your doctor."

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/489097-man-dies-after-taking-chloroquine-phosphate-in-effort-to-prevent-coronavirus
cc lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: American Man Dies After Taking Chloroquine To Prevent Coronavirus by Ravenna: 5:19pm On Mar 24, 2020
Naso all the basterrd zombies and enemies of Nigerians fo dey die. including baba vegetable cow and that jobless suyaselling basterrd.

1 Like

Re: American Man Dies After Taking Chloroquine To Prevent Coronavirus by Nobody: 5:19pm On Mar 24, 2020
I don't understand! can someone escalate and elaborate this for me

1 Like

Re: American Man Dies After Taking Chloroquine To Prevent Coronavirus by KaideeGee(m): 5:22pm On Mar 24, 2020
Rip to the man sha. But seriously guys, drug abuse is deadly i know wat Nigerians can do
Just my thought though
Re: American Man Dies After Taking Chloroquine To Prevent Coronavirus by Humphrizy(m): 5:24pm On Mar 24, 2020
E don red for all of us be dat na
Re: American Man Dies After Taking Chloroquine To Prevent Coronavirus by JunctionBox: 5:29pm On Mar 24, 2020
The world is in turmoil.
Re: American Man Dies After Taking Chloroquine To Prevent Coronavirus by Abfinest007(m): 5:33pm On Mar 24, 2020
just laughing at foolishness of somepeople

2 Likes

Re: American Man Dies After Taking Chloroquine To Prevent Coronavirus by Uyi168: 5:45pm On Mar 24, 2020
Trump na one low key scammer... grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Man Dies After Taking Chloroquine To Prevent Coronavirus by obembet(f): 5:53pm On Mar 24, 2020
Uyi168:
Trump na one low key scammer... grin

Ipob Messiah

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Man Dies After Taking Chloroquine To Prevent Coronavirus by Nobody: 5:53pm On Mar 24, 2020
That is one foolish blunder from trump I must say...
In as much as it is evil to wish death upon the enemies of Nigeria I only pray that the government learn from this. If our hospitals were at least working these politicians and their children would simply be managed in them. Instead they deem it fit to spend billions renovating the NA and buying brand new cars for men who already have at least 4 to 8 cars after years of occupying those seats. The same Innoson who's cars were rejected is now the man wanting to venture into producing ventilators. I really wish we'd learn from this...
I've noticed you don't quote me again. I initially thought you were giving all those who expose your fraudulent APC the same treatment. But then I noticed you singled me out for the silent treatment.
We will never get tired of exposing the ineptitude of your brain controllers.
I'll always say it...apc, pdp, are all the same bunch if rogues...

1 Like

Re: American Man Dies After Taking Chloroquine To Prevent Coronavirus by segebase(m): 6:00pm On Mar 24, 2020
I blame trump

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Man Dies After Taking Chloroquine To Prevent Coronavirus by Nobody: 8:50pm On Mar 24, 2020
No one remembers that CHLOROQUINE itches again

(1) (Reply)

Corona Virus Cure Finally Discovered By Scientist In Israel / Health Workers Mask - SPERIAN 5311 M/L. FFP3D -VALVE - EN 149.2001. For sale. / How Can You Increase Your Body Metabolism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.