Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

Ugwuanyi Bans Weddings, Burials Ceremonies, Civil Servants To Work From Home - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ugwuanyi Bans Weddings, Burials Ceremonies, Civil Servants To Work From Home (22253 Views)

FG Orders Civil Servants To Resume Monday / Coronavirus: Fayemi Tells Ekiti Civil Servants To Work From Home / Lagos Civil Servants To Get Above New Minimum Wage (Official Memo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ugwuanyi Bans Weddings, Burials Ceremonies, Civil Servants To Work From Home by mainzillionaire: 8:51pm On Mar 24, 2020
Effective from when? Schools are open, go to oji river local government and check
Re: Ugwuanyi Bans Weddings, Burials Ceremonies, Civil Servants To Work From Home by Nobody: 8:56pm On Mar 24, 2020
Humphrizy:
Wahala dey oh...No be to copy Oyibo be the problem...what and what do you have on ground for ur subjects?

Meanwhile...if you need Unadulterated Pure Honey..Call/Whatsapp 081 016 66 771 Now..we will live to see the end of dx deadly virus...Amin
Re: Ugwuanyi Bans Weddings, Burials Ceremonies, Civil Servants To Work From Home by ramaju: 8:59pm On Mar 24, 2020
Kenturkey048:
I never understand this Nigerian pattern of civil servants work from home...please somebody shoulod educate me...
It means they are officially on leave without leave allowance. Stay at home and make babies then quarrel and nag about everything and anything. Some bosses will now boss their families and nor subordinates.

2 Likes

Re: Ugwuanyi Bans Weddings, Burials Ceremonies, Civil Servants To Work From Home by ramaju: 9:03pm On Mar 24, 2020
sigiyaya:
close your stupid mouth. Hand of God indeed, the buffoon of a Governor just celebrated his birthday with a large gathering of people. Get sense and stop talking rubbish cool cool

When it has not become so pandemic but are you angry that he celebrated his birthday?
Re: Ugwuanyi Bans Weddings, Burials Ceremonies, Civil Servants To Work From Home by Nobody: 9:10pm On Mar 24, 2020
UNNSUGpresido:
Very good how my ex will get married am still looking

Lol!.
You're on your own!
Re: Ugwuanyi Bans Weddings, Burials Ceremonies, Civil Servants To Work From Home by Marshalemmy(m): 9:27pm On Mar 24, 2020
UNNSUGpresido:
you are smiling from a distance abi?
Re: Ugwuanyi Bans Weddings, Burials Ceremonies, Civil Servants To Work From Home by urchcoded(m): 9:29pm On Mar 24, 2020
My dad's burial is scheduled for Friday... We've gone through alot I don't want him stay more in the mortuary. Even if it's just to bury him in the midst of 10 people well distanced from each other.
Re: Ugwuanyi Bans Weddings, Burials Ceremonies, Civil Servants To Work From Home by DagobertoEli: 9:32pm On Mar 24, 2020
[s]
CoronaVirusPro:
Just shut down the state and everything will fall in place.
[/s]
Re: Ugwuanyi Bans Weddings, Burials Ceremonies, Civil Servants To Work From Home by TheStarsAlign: 9:38pm On Mar 24, 2020
Nigeria never seizes to amaze. Work from home, how? Are they now Freelancers. Do civil servants understand gig economy? Moreover where is the light and data they want to use? Which portal will they connect to? Funny people. You expect them to fuel their gen and not watch ZeeWorld and AfricaMagic and be disturbing themselves.

When you were suppose to be equipping people and building digital infrastructure, you were busy stuffing money buying houses in Dubai and Philippines. I hope people in govt will learn small from this; that is, those who will survive.
Re: Ugwuanyi Bans Weddings, Burials Ceremonies, Civil Servants To Work From Home by stealmatic(m): 10:10pm On Mar 24, 2020
UNNSUGpresido:
guy u dnt have chill,easy bro
Re: Ugwuanyi Bans Weddings, Burials Ceremonies, Civil Servants To Work From Home by Emma1630(m): 10:25pm On Mar 24, 2020
Re: Ugwuanyi Bans Weddings, Burials Ceremonies, Civil Servants To Work From Home by DavidEsq(m): 10:44pm On Mar 24, 2020
slyfox35:
You will see how these bus Drivers will sky rocket their fee because of two per seat
In Benin,the back seat is supposed to be for three persons and these greedy Drivers will sardine 4 or five people at the back and still carry two on the passenger seat at the front
Everybody needs to sacrifice in this time,but bus drivers won't,very greedy set of people
I won't be surprised if a trip of 100 naira turns to 500
I will even prefer trekking self
When covid 19 virus enters the seat or railing of a bus,can it be seen?
How can you dodge the exact spot it is?
What if the person that highlighted the spot you later sit on was infected,and another person and another person sits on it and so on
This pandemic is so confusing,we should turn to God in these times but then you realise and think,how many times has God even answered you before,he has always been quiet to 99 % of prayers
Begs the question :Who do we turn to?
Stop misusing "begs the question". It's a form of argument whose conclusion lacks impartial evidence or carries the sentiments expressed in the argument. U should have used "which raises the question". Simple English no dey kill person.
Re: Ugwuanyi Bans Weddings, Burials Ceremonies, Civil Servants To Work From Home by DavidEsq(m): 10:44pm On Mar 24, 2020
Emma1630:

if enugu is in the hand of GOD now, were was it before?
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ugwuanyi Bans Weddings, Burials Ceremonies, Civil Servants To Work From Home by enemyofprogress: 10:52pm On Mar 24, 2020
Anybody wey die now go hear am for mortuary
Re: Ugwuanyi Bans Weddings, Burials Ceremonies, Civil Servants To Work From Home by sayso: 12:44am On Mar 25, 2020
While you are at it, please use the state fund and get some ventilators. It is coming.
Re: Ugwuanyi Bans Weddings, Burials Ceremonies, Civil Servants To Work From Home by kevyngbash(m): 3:39am On Mar 25, 2020
Re: Ugwuanyi Bans Weddings, Burials Ceremonies, Civil Servants To Work From Home by bluefilm: 3:44am On Mar 25, 2020
Whenever I hear this work from home in the Nigerian context, I just can't stop myself from laughing.

What kind of work are they even referring to by saying 'work from home'?

If it was that possible to work from home like all these copy copy government are saying, then no one will be unemployed in the first place, because everyone will be working from home.

Copy copy no go kill us, abeg.
Re: Ugwuanyi Bans Weddings, Burials Ceremonies, Civil Servants To Work From Home by slyfox35(m): 7:18am On Mar 25, 2020
DavidEsq:

Stop misusing "begs the question". It's a form of argument whose conclusion lacks impartial evidence or carries the sentiments expressed in the argument. U should have used "which raises the question". Simple English no dey kill person.
Mumu,did you understand what I wrote or not,why people too dey form I too know
Funny enough,in the guise of forming English professor,you put together a string of wrong words...lol
"Which raises the question"
Question dey raise?,na object abi na projectile
"It's a form of argument (whose)conclusion lacks impartial evidence.
"Whose"?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lol... argument na human being?
My guy,you are a secondary school student
English is a borrowed word,don't kill yourself
Mama put,Danfo,okada, and many other Nigerian pidgin words were recently added to the Oxford diictionary
Nor form I too know,e dey kill
Oya run along now,Go and read your intensive English
Re: Ugwuanyi Bans Weddings, Burials Ceremonies, Civil Servants To Work From Home by mainzillionaire: 8:12am On Mar 25, 2020
Supervisors from Enugu state universal basic education board ate going around to make sure schools don't close. They came to my school yesterday.
Re: Ugwuanyi Bans Weddings, Burials Ceremonies, Civil Servants To Work From Home by DavidEsq(m): 8:35am On Mar 25, 2020
slyfox35:

Mumu,did you understand what I wrote or not,why people too dey form I too know
Funny enough,in the guise of forming English professor,you put together a string of wrong words...lol
"Which raises the question"
Question dey raise?,na object abi na projectile
"It's a form of argument (whose)conclusion lacks impartial evidence.
"Whose"?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lol... argument na human being?
My guy,you are a secondary school student
English is a borrowed word,don't kill yourself
Mama put,Danfo,okada, and many other Nigerian pidgin words were recently added to the Oxford diictionary
Nor form I too know,e dey kill
Oya run along now,Go and read your intensive English

shocked shocked shocked shocked. No wonder dem vote Buhari as president! Chai!

Re: Ugwuanyi Bans Weddings, Burials Ceremonies, Civil Servants To Work From Home by Greatzeus(m): 10:02am On Mar 25, 2020
Techsupport:
Hahahahaha work from home. to copy white man dey sweet us. what infrastructure did you provide that will support working from home
Don't mind them,we are copycats. We copy without understanding the underlying factors. To work from home as a civil servant(meaning you will send and receive information), you need a desktop computer or laptop, printer,good internet connection, constant electricity and most importantly a separate room so as to avoid distraction from your children.
Re: Ugwuanyi Bans Weddings, Burials Ceremonies, Civil Servants To Work From Home by londonzona: 12:05pm On Mar 25, 2020
Please this should be pushed to the front page, my sister-in-law got admitted into university of Nigeria Nsuka to study Law,she paid all the school fees and other charges.To our greatest surprise she heard that the course she was given has been changed to political science,Many other students were also affected. This is unacceptable please push till relevant authority.
Re: Ugwuanyi Bans Weddings, Burials Ceremonies, Civil Servants To Work From Home by spiceadole: 12:33pm On Mar 25, 2020
Reasonable people will get married with few family members and maintain social distancing.
Save money for important stuff.

Others will postpone the wedding ceremony.
So that they can gather crowd to impress with money they dont have and later go bankrupt
Re: Ugwuanyi Bans Weddings, Burials Ceremonies, Civil Servants To Work From Home by Nobody: 10:46am On May 06, 2021
Breaking News!

Governor Ugwuanyi addresses Ndi Enugu on COVID-19 pandemic

*Shuts down all educational institutions in the state

*Directs all public officers/civil servants to work from their homes except health workers, Forest Guards, Neighbourhood Watch personnel, Water Corporation staff, Waste Management operatives, staff of Enugu State Emergency Management Agency, Fire Fighters and all those involved in other essential services.

*Suspends all cultural and social gatherings including marriage ceremonies, burial ceremonies, masquerade festivals, drinking bars, night clubs and all group sporting and recreational activities.

*Says that social distancing protocol as advised by Nigeria Center for Disease Control (NCDC) should be observed during public religious worship as well as in restaurants and eateries.

*Directs all Local Government Council Chairmen to mobilise their Environmental and Community Health Workers to sustain the ongoing public enlightenment on protocol for prevention of Coronavirus disease transmission in our markets and parks.

*States that all public transport operators in the state are to observe the following rules on passenger conveyance in each instance: (a) Keke - not more than two passengers (b) Commuter buses - not more that two passengers per seat (c) City Cab - not more than three passengers.

*Advises all public places to observe high level of hygiene by use of sanitizers and frequent hand washing as earlier advised by Enugu State Ministry of Health.

* Directs the law enforcement agencies in the state to enforce strict compliance with the above mentioned safety measures.

While noting that "this is a trying time in our world, nation and state", Gov. Ugwuanyi disclosed that the state government in the past weeks has taken proactive safety measures to contain the Coronavirus disease pandemic, through the realease of N330 million for strengthening the Coronavirus disease pandemic; strengthening of the State Emergency Operations Centre led by the State Ministry of Health; establishment of a Multi-sectoral Rapid Response Team comprising representatives of relevant Ministries, Departments and Agencies including local and international partners such as Nigeria Center for Disease Control, World Health Organisation (WHO) and the United Nations International Children Emergency Fund (UNICEF).

Full text of the address below...

SPECIAL ADDRESS BY HIS EXCELLENCY, THE GOVERNOR OF ENUGU STATE ON MEASURES TAKEN BY THE STATE GOVERNMENT IN RESPONSE TO THE CORONA VIRUS DISEASE (COVID 19) PANDEMIC

My good people of Enugu State, good afternoon.

This is a trying time in our World, Nation and State. In the wake of the Corona Virus Disease pandemic, a lot has happened.

Nations in the world have taken stern steps to contain this ravaging public health challenge. Our Nation, Nigeria, is not an exception.

We salute the leadership and courage of Mr. President, His Excellency Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR, and the National Presidential Task Force on Corona Virus Disease in dealing with this global emergency in Nigeria.

In Enugu State, consistent with our commitment to provision of healthcare and preservation of the sanctity of human life, we have in the past weeks taken proactive safety measures to contain the Corona Virus Disease pandemic.

These measures include the following:

Strengthening the State Emergency Operations Centre led by the State Ministry of Health.
The establishment of a Multi-sectoral Rapid Response Team comprising representatives of relevant Ministries, Departments and Agencies including local and international partners such as Nigerian Center for Disease Control (NCDC), World Health Organization (WHO) , United Nations International Children Emergency Fund (UNICEF).

The release of N330,000,000.00 (Three Hundred and Thirty Million Naira) only, for strengthening the Corona Virus Disease Preparedness and Response. Out of this sum, N150,000,000.00(one hundred and fifty million naira) only, is dedicated to purchase of additional Ambulances and Incident vehicles; Personal Protective Equipment; upgrade of State Infectious Diseases Isolation Centre; training of Health Workers; advocacy and public enlightenment. The sum of N80,000,000.00 (Eighty Million Naira) only, is for restocking of the State Drug Revolving Scheme while the remaining N100,000,000.00 (One Hundred Million Naira) only, is provisioned for unforeseen public health challenges.

In view of the escalating threat of the Corona Virus Disease pandemic, I, in consultation with the State Multi-sectoral Rapid Response Team, Security Agencies and other relevant stakeholders now order the following additional safety measures with immediate effect:

Closure of all educational institutions in the State.
All Public Officers/Civil Servants to work from home till further notice except the following:
Health Workers;
Forest Guards;
Neighborhood Watch Personnel;
Water Corporation staff;
Waste management operatives;
Staff of Enugu State Emergency Management Agency;
Fire fighters; and
All those involved in other essential services.
Suspension of all cultural and social gatherings including the following:
Marriage ceremonies;
Burial ceremonies;
Masquerade festivals;
Drinking bars;
Night Clubs; and
all group Sporting and Recreational activities.

The Social distancing protocol as advised by Nigerian Center for Disease Control should be observed during public religious worship as well as in Restaurants and Eateries.

All local Government Council Chairmen are hereby directed to mobilise their Environmental and Community Health Workers to sustain the ongoing public enlightenment on protocol for prevention of Corona Virus Disease transmission in our markets and Parks.

All public transport operators in the state are to observe the following rules on passenger conveyance in each instance:
Keke – not more than two (2) passengers.
Commuter Buses – not more than two (2) passengers per seat
City Cab – not more than 3 passengers.

7. All public places to observe high level of hygiene by use of sanitizers and frequent hand washing as earlier advised by Enugu State Ministry of Health.

8. The law enforcement Agencies in the State have been directed to enforce strict compliance with the above stated measures.

Residents are advised to make provisions for basic needs while we await further advice from the State Multi-sectoral Rapid Response Team. Government will continue to update our people as the need arises.

I commend the efforts of our Health Care Providers for their commitment and dedication to duty as well as resilience in this challenging time.

Ndi Enugu, while I regret the inconveniences that the above measures will inevitably occasion for our people, I enjoin everyone to make these necessary sacrifices to protect ourselves and the future of our world. It is my conviction that the abiding Grace of the most merciful God will see us through this time.
Enugu State is in the Hands of God, and in all we do, we give God due Glory, Honour and Adoration.

Thank you and God bless.

Rt. Hon. IfeanyiUgwuanyi
Governor, Enugu State
24/03/2020

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Didn't Offer To Buy Kidney - Ekweremadu Tells UK Court / Four-yr-old Twins Suffocate To Death Inside Car In Aba / Governor El-Rufai Visits Zainab Ahmed, Minister Of Finance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.