Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,608 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:59 AM

How Do Muslims Deal With Feelings Of Guilt, Shame And Remorse? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How Do Muslims Deal With Feelings Of Guilt, Shame And Remorse? (315 Views)

Do Muslims See Visions And Fall In Trance? / Why Do Muslims Ask Their Women To Stay Behind During Prayer? / What Do Muslims Belief Concerning Jesus Son Of Mary (peace Be Upon Him) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do Muslims Deal With Feelings Of Guilt, Shame And Remorse? by LordReed(m): 6:47pm On Mar 24, 2020
I realised I have no clue as to how Muslims deal with these things. Where better to ask the question then.
Re: How Do Muslims Deal With Feelings Of Guilt, Shame And Remorse? by tbaba1234: 3:09am On Mar 25, 2020
LordReed:
I realised I have no clue as to how Muslims deal with these things. Where better to ask the question then.

Thanks for question, as humans, we have all gone through those kinds of periods. For the muslim, the Quran says:

"Say, ‘[God says], My servants who have harmed yourselves by your own excess, do not despair of God’s mercy. God forgives all sins: He is truly the Most Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surah 39:53)

We are taught not to despair of the mercy of God, no matter how badly we fall as long as we seek forgiveness and change our ways, forgiveness is there. One should not lose hope over the mercy of God.

3 Likes

Re: How Do Muslims Deal With Feelings Of Guilt, Shame And Remorse? by LordReed(m): 7:23am On Mar 25, 2020
tbaba1234:

Thanks for question, as humans, we have all gone through those kinds of periods. For the muslim, the Quran says:

"Say, ‘[God says], My servants who have harmed yourselves by your own excess, do not despair of God’s mercy. God forgives all sins: He is truly the Most Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surah 39:53)

We are taught not to despair of the mercy of God, no matter how badly we fall as long as we seek forgiveness and change our ways, forgiveness is there. One should not lose hope over the mercy of God.

How would one know that mercy has been given?
Re: How Do Muslims Deal With Feelings Of Guilt, Shame And Remorse? by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:32am On Mar 25, 2020
LordReed:

And after he answers you'll keep bringing another question!
Re: How Do Muslims Deal With Feelings Of Guilt, Shame And Remorse? by LordReed(m): 8:42am On Mar 25, 2020
Rashduct4luv:

And after he answers you'll keep bringing another question!

It's called learning.
Re: How Do Muslims Deal With Feelings Of Guilt, Shame And Remorse? by tbaba1234: 12:46pm On Mar 25, 2020
LordReed:

As long as you seek it, it has been given. Despair not of the mercy of God.
Re: How Do Muslims Deal With Feelings Of Guilt, Shame And Remorse? by LordReed(m): 1:23pm On Mar 25, 2020
tbaba1234:

As long as you seek it, it has been given. Despair not of the mercy of God.

So one doesn't need to perform any acts of contrition?
Re: How Do Muslims Deal With Feelings Of Guilt, Shame And Remorse? by Rashduct4luv(m): 3:22pm On Mar 25, 2020
LordReed:

It's called learning.

No, it's deflection/Diversion!

1 Like

Re: How Do Muslims Deal With Feelings Of Guilt, Shame And Remorse? by LordReed(m): 3:51pm On Mar 25, 2020
Rashduct4luv:

No, it's deflection/Diversion!

You are the one deflecting and diverting right now.

(1) (Reply)

Free 1k Giveaway: Day 15 / Chief Imam Of Egbaland, Liadi Orunsolu Dies At 98 / Whatsapp Messenger Group For Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.