Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,635 members, 7,955,314 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:24 PM

Who Is The Oldest Member Of Nairaland Forum? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Who Is The Oldest Member Of Nairaland Forum? (2088 Views)

2024 Is The Year Of Nairaland's Resurgence / Ask Me Anything. I'm Venezuelan Visiting Nairaland Forum / How To Save Pictures From Nairaland Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Oldest Member Of Nairaland Forum? by CanadaOrBust: 2:08am On Mar 25, 2020
OmoIREFIN:
Who has been a member of Nairaland since inception?

Well one of the following is me. Guess which?
Note the date

Re: Who Is The Oldest Member Of Nairaland Forum? by tollyboy5(m): 2:09am On Mar 25, 2020
i respect the elders here! seun lalasticlacla this is front page worthy lets see if the old crews are still on here

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Oldest Member Of Nairaland Forum? by illicit(m): 2:57am On Mar 25, 2020
where is idowuogbo

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Oldest Member Of Nairaland Forum? by Katier00(f): 2:58am On Mar 25, 2020
Asuito7:
what do you mean by the statement 'l love the before Seun and team? Are you saying this forum existed before Seun and his team join or took over?
the passion to bring quality to the front page at that was not compromised at all in the first 5 years of Nairaland's existence but now a lot nonsense grace the group's front page
Re: Who Is The Oldest Member Of Nairaland Forum? by OlujobaSamuel: 2:58am On Mar 25, 2020
Mine is Jun 4th, 2009, guest since 2007 before I eventually registered.
Re: Who Is The Oldest Member Of Nairaland Forum? by oyatz(m): 4:27am On Mar 25, 2020
That must have been before the Advent of Afonja Vs Igbo madness.

Katier00:
I witnessed the first 1000 and in later years, the great tsunami that shook the foundation of Nairaland. I have seen it all, the good, the bad and the ugly. That time you learn a lot from business and investment section, family was something else. Politics and religion, o God, never a dull moment, always loaded with life changing articles. I love the before Seun and team
Re: Who Is The Oldest Member Of Nairaland Forum? by chiiraq802(m): 6:39am On Mar 25, 2020
yarimo:
where video ? undecided
Video kwa?? then na java and symbian phones dey onboard naaa... grin
Re: Who Is The Oldest Member Of Nairaland Forum? by Katier00(f): 6:44am On Mar 25, 2020
oyatz:
That must have been before the Advent of Afonja Vs Igbo madness.

yes o and all those warlords of tribalism and religion fanaticism
Re: Who Is The Oldest Member Of Nairaland Forum? by DonFreshmoney(m): 7:27am On Mar 25, 2020
Katier00:
I witnessed the first 1000 and in later years, the great tsunami that shook the foundation of Nairaland. I have seen it all, the good, the bad and the ugly. That time you learn a lot from business and investment section, family was something else. Politics and religion, o God, never a dull moment, always loaded with life changing articles. I love the before Seun and team

That's when trolls and tribalistic people came to spoil our beloved forum for us. Nairaland of yesteryear was more educative, impactful and more fun
Re: Who Is The Oldest Member Of Nairaland Forum? by DonFreshmoney(m): 7:31am On Mar 25, 2020
Willy7:
Hmmmmm, this question actually brings back some nostalgia. I actually joined in 2007,later changed my username after a while. I remember the likes of Beaf, Okija Juju and carina or so. Honestly I miss those days. You just come to nairaland and you learn a lot. In fact at a time I stay on nairaland and even doze off and people around me often say I talk in my sleep like I'm discussing. I was addicted to nairaland but I prefer reading comments. Till date I still have nairaland as the only site I come to get authentic news, and I've introduced many to it. But then this is not the nairaland I used to know back then, and I even created a topic about it. Today we have so many kids and Ignorant fellows littering everywhere. Even the revered politics section is full of blind supporters and political neophites as Sagamite will call them then. Even the ones that tend to support the present government sound like toddlers and people seeking for attention rather than engaging in intellectual discuss. No intelligence at all. I see a supposed young man always saying our darling Daddy and all those crap, and I wonder if he misses his dad or Mom's bosom milk as a toddler. Very childish and irritating. No dept in faculty. No sense at all. For the first time since I joined nairaland, I just flip pass his comments whenever I see his name. I don't bother reading his crap.Honestly I wish I could hear once more from the likes of Beaf and Okija Juju. Nwamaikpe is actually trying to sound like Okija Juju, but then he seem a bit Ignorant. I remember the garri crew that nearly caused so much trouble in nairaland those years. Wow, I really missed those days. But then thank you OP for bringing this up.

People dont know i was Beaf back in the day.. I forgot that profile password then the email was hacked.. that is the most annoying part

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Oldest Member Of Nairaland Forum? by Katier00(f): 8:19am On Mar 25, 2020
DonFreshmoney:

That's when trolls and tribalistic people came to spoil our beloved forum for us. Nairaland of yesteryear was more educative, impactful and more fun
those are the words
Re: Who Is The Oldest Member Of Nairaland Forum? by Olibboy: 7:11pm On Mar 25, 2020
I joined 2012
Re: Who Is The Oldest Member Of Nairaland Forum? by XAUBulls: 9:03pm On Jan 01
HarunaWest:
my former account was 2006...but I doubt members of yesteryears still exist here...class of 2005
Bump.
Those who started off on NL in 2005 like me are quite many. Some created newer monikers to follow more people on NL or for specific discussions.

(1) (2) (Reply)

16 Famous Photos That Hide The Truth / How To Change My Nairaland Username / Exposed: Akinwunmi Ambode Is Not A Lagosian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.