Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,585 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

Coronavirus: Is This A Coincidence Or Our Fear Working Against Us!!? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: Is This A Coincidence Or Our Fear Working Against Us!!? (901 Views)

Is This A Coincidence Or What?? / 5 Reasons Coronavirus Is Way Worse Than You’ve Been Led To Believe / Coronavirus: Is Face Mask The New Goldmine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coronavirus: Is This A Coincidence Or Our Fear Working Against Us!!? by Emescot(m): 10:30pm On Mar 24, 2020
Hi guys, I live in Ikorodu part of Lagos where rumour has it that 1 person was confirmed positive of Corona Virus, now my fear is this over the past 1 week there has been increase in the number of people suffering from almost all the symptoms of the Corona Virus.

My question now is, Do you think it's just a coincidence? Could it be our mind and body toying with our fear of the virus?

Please if you can relate share ur experience.
Re: Coronavirus: Is This A Coincidence Or Our Fear Working Against Us!!? by chatinent: 10:32pm On Mar 24, 2020
You are solely covid-19phobic.
Re: Coronavirus: Is This A Coincidence Or Our Fear Working Against Us!!? by crestedaguiyi: 10:34pm On Mar 24, 2020
My dear, corona is a world problem. There are about 600 presently dead in the almighty USA with arround 50,000 reported carriers.

I only want to hear that ajala has been hit,
every other thing is secondary.

He must not die but be made to see life from the angle of the common man with the hope that he will change.
Re: Coronavirus: Is This A Coincidence Or Our Fear Working Against Us!!? by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:06pm On Mar 24, 2020
the problem with this virus is that many people only take proper precautions when its already too late...
Re: Coronavirus: Is This A Coincidence Or Our Fear Working Against Us!!? by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:08pm On Mar 24, 2020
There is need for testing kits. This is not time for government to hoard money. There is need lots of testing kits to know the magnitude of this and get early treatment.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Is This A Coincidence Or Our Fear Working Against Us!!? by Emescot(m): 11:14pm On Mar 24, 2020
MrBrownJay1:
the problem with this virus is that many people only take proper precautions when its already too late...

Majority of Nigerians don't know how to take proper precautions, that is the problem
Re: Coronavirus: Is This A Coincidence Or Our Fear Working Against Us!!? by Emescot(m): 11:18pm On Mar 24, 2020
TheGoodJoe:
There is need for testing kits. This is not time for government to hoard money. There is need lots of testing kits to know the magnitude of this and get early treatment.

Exactly what I think, if only the Government takes everything serious, China built a hospital in 10days because of the virus, but Nigeria cannot even boast of an isolation centre

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Is This A Coincidence Or Our Fear Working Against Us!!? by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:28pm On Mar 24, 2020
Emescot:
Majority of Nigerians don't know how to take proper precautions, that is the problem

very true... or they dont care.

TheGoodJoe:

look around you, there are NO TEST KITS all over the world... its difficult to get a kit in the US just like it is difficult to get one in France or China....and thats because a test kit is useless. if you have symptoms then isolate yourself and call the proper authorities to come and help you. if there are test kits available anywhere else than a hospital environment, then all the people with symptoms will NOT stay away from people, and will instead rush to pharmacies etc.
Re: Coronavirus: Is This A Coincidence Or Our Fear Working Against Us!!? by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:33pm On Mar 24, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

very true... or they dont care.

look around you, there are NO TEST KITS all over the world... its difficult to get a kit in the US just like it is difficult to get one in France or China....and thats because a test kit is useless. if you have symptoms then isolate yourself and call the proper authorities to come and help you. if there are test kits available anywhere else than a hospital environment, then all the people with symptoms will NOT stay away from people, and will instead rush to pharmacies etc.

If the test kits were around in mass numbers, health workers could be trained to go to home of people with mild or suspected cases to tests. Even an infected person going to a hospital could infect many.
Re: Coronavirus: Is This A Coincidence Or Our Fear Working Against Us!!? by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:39pm On Mar 24, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

If the test kits were around in mass numbers, health workers could be trained to go to home of people with mild or suspected cases to tests. Even an infected person going to a hospital could infect many.

IMHO:
A) the money should be spent elsewhere (proper hospital wards, protective gear for health workers etc)
B) health workers are indeed trained to go home to patients.... who else can go and diagnose patients?
C) anyone with a small cough will now call health workers to come test them (if they had rampant amount of test kits to waste)
D) before the health worker goes to a place, let them talk to person on the phone to confirm that they aint gonna waste their valuable time.
Re: Coronavirus: Is This A Coincidence Or Our Fear Working Against Us!!? by CanadaOrBust: 11:50pm On Mar 24, 2020
Emescot:

increase in the number of people suffering from almost all the symptoms of the Corona Virus.

My question now is, Do you think it's just a coincidence? Could it be our mind and body toying with our fear of the virus?

It is definitely an increase, but that doesn’t mean it is a bad thing. The more people get it and survive the more people develop immunity till herd immunity is reached and therefore the virus defeated!

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Is This A Coincidence Or Our Fear Working Against Us!!? by Emescot(m): 11:54pm On Mar 24, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

It is definitely an increase, but that doesn’t mean it is a bad thing. The more people get it and survive the more people develop immunity till herd immunity is reached and therefore the virus defeated!

Thanks for that information, I definitely will do a research about that.
Re: Coronavirus: Is This A Coincidence Or Our Fear Working Against Us!!? by CanadaOrBust: 11:59pm On Mar 24, 2020
Emescot:

Thanks for that information, I definitely will do a research about that.

U r welcome.
Do people realise this virus has less than 2% death rate among whites and so far 0% among Nigerians living permanently in Nigeria??!!
Re: Coronavirus: Is This A Coincidence Or Our Fear Working Against Us!!? by Emescot(m): 12:04am On Mar 25, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

U r welcome.
Do people realise this virus has less than 2% death rate among whites and so far 0% among Nigerians living permanently in Nigeria??!!

Recently Nigeria recorded its first death, so i think its too early to calculate the percentage.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Is This A Coincidence Or Our Fear Working Against Us!!? by CanadaOrBust: 12:10am On Mar 25, 2020
Emescot:

Recently Nigeria recorded its first death, so i think its too early to calculate the percentage.

He came from abroad. So far it is 0%
Re: Coronavirus: Is This A Coincidence Or Our Fear Working Against Us!!? by Emescot(m): 12:25am On Mar 25, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

He came from abroad. So far it is 0%
Lets hope it remains that way till a cure is found..
Re: Coronavirus: Is This A Coincidence Or Our Fear Working Against Us!!? by toffyz(m): 2:43am On Mar 25, 2020
Just chill till 27th of March, everything will be over

Says a Nigerian Prophet!

Lol

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Is This A Coincidence Or Our Fear Working Against Us!!? by Nobody: 4:50am On Mar 25, 2020
It's not fear, try to get tested and you will see how impossible it is until you're very sick. That's if you're close to places where the test can be done. Now imagine how many people you've been in contact with, and how many people those people have been in contact with, if finally you get the test done, that's when NCDC will add your score as 1 person oh, if they like because they are down playing the numbers. Before the others start showing symptoms my brother, we have far more cases! We're talking of people in thousands. In 14 days we'll know.

(1) (Reply)

A Cry For Help / Have You See This Made In Aba Face Mask (PHOTOS) / COVID-19: FG Reacts To Report Of Planned National Lockdown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.