Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,609 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

Gov Wike Locks Down Rivers State To Prevent Coronavirus Infection - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Gov Wike Locks Down Rivers State To Prevent Coronavirus Infection (214 Views)

Five New Cases Of Coronavirus Infection In Nigeria; Total Now 70 / You Don't Need Face Masks To Prevent Coronavirus — Eli Perencevich / Prevent Coronavirus From Getting To Nigeria - Senate Says FG Not Doing Enough (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gov Wike Locks Down Rivers State To Prevent Coronavirus Infection by LatestTori4Town: 1:10pm On Mar 25, 2020

A STATE-WIDE BROADCAST BY HIS EXCELLENCY, NYESOM EZENWO WIKE ON WEDNESDAY, MARCH 25, 2020
My Dear Good People of Rivers State,

Two days ago, I addressed you on measures we have taken as a State to ensure that coronavirus is prevented from entering our dear State.

In that broadcast, I announced the setting up of Surveillance Posts at our land and sea borders, beginning from Tuesday, March 24, 2020.

I also informed you that after due consultations with Religious Leaders, all forms of open worship including crusades and vigils were banned.

Public Burials and weddings were prohibited, while public parks, night clubs and Cinemas were directed to close down.

You will also recall that I said that we shall continue to review the situation and adjust accordingly.

FULL Detail
Re: Gov Wike Locks Down Rivers State To Prevent Coronavirus Infection by KopiteP(m): 1:21pm On Mar 25, 2020
Nice move but I doubt if they people will adhere to this...

(1) (Reply)

The Best Way To Beat A Bad Mood, According To Psychology: The 3ms / Coronavirus: Isolation Centre In Delta Well Equipped – Commissioner / Coronavirus: USA Cases Has Surpassed 100,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.