Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

I'm Interested In Plantain Farming. Experts Needed!! - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / I'm Interested In Plantain Farming. Experts Needed!! (400 Views)

My Journey Into Plantain Farming - Challenges, Cost And Profit / How To Start Plantain Farming In Nigeria / Profitability Of Plantain Farming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Interested In Plantain Farming. Experts Needed!! by Nobody: 5:32pm On Mar 25, 2020
I was originally interested in rice farming and planned to start on a hectare but due to lack of knowledge and experience, I decided to halt. I now want to venture into plantain farming as I have a little knowledge about it and there is a ready market for it here in Abuja. I plan to start on a hectare. I'm not a newbie, I consider myself as a intermediate, but I still have some questions just to be sure.
1.What's the spacing like. I know the standard is 2.5m*2.5m, but, personally,I think that's a waste of space. I'm planning to use 2m*2m, is this okay?
2. What's the average farmgate price of plantain? By my findings, it is sold around #600 to #700. Is this low or moderate?
3.What's the productivity rate like. That is if I plant for instance, 1,000 suckers, how many will bear fruits when matured?
4.How often does it produce fruit. After it matures(8 to 9 months) and produce fruit, how long would it take to produce another batch. Can it produce twice or thrice in a year?
5.How many times in a year should I apply fertilizer and what's the amount. Is it 4 bags per hectare?
These are the question for now. Urgently waiting for opinions and answers. Thanks in anticipation, Please mods, help me move this to the front-page.
Cc: FarmTech, Pavore9.

Re: I'm Interested In Plantain Farming. Experts Needed!! by rottable(m): 6:36pm On Mar 25, 2020
My dad does this business, he uses the remaining half plot of his land for it. He sells a bunch between 800- 1200 for fried plantian women. It is very lucrative
Re: I'm Interested In Plantain Farming. Experts Needed!! by FarmTech(m): 6:15pm On Apr 10, 2020
There are some popular plantain farmers on NL. Use the search feature on NL to find there posts. Have u started anything yet?
Re: I'm Interested In Plantain Farming. Experts Needed!! by etrader(m): 8:10pm On Apr 10, 2020
Visit my blog or call me...check my signature for details
Re: I'm Interested In Plantain Farming. Experts Needed!! by SuperGro98: 10:03pm On Apr 10, 2020
Phoenix20:
I was originally interested in rice farming and planned to start on a hectare but due to lack of knowledge and experience, I decided to halt. I now want to venture into plantain farming as I have a little knowledge about it and there is a ready market for it here in Abuja. I plan to start on a hectare. I'm not a newbie, I consider myself as a intermediate, but I still have some questions just to be sure.
1.What's the spacing like. I know the standard is 2.5m*2.5m, but, personally,I think that's a waste of space. I'm planning to use 2m*2m, is this okay?
2. What's the average farmgate price of plantain? By my findings, it is sold around #600 to #700. Is this low or moderate?
3.What's the productivity rate like. That is if I plant for instance, 1,000 suckers, how many will bear fruits when matured?
4.How often does it produce fruit. After it matures(8 to 9 months) and produce fruit, how long would it take to produce another batch. Can it produce twice or thrice in a year?
5.How many times in a year should I apply fertilizer and what's the amount. Is it 4 bags per hectare?
These are the question for now. Urgently waiting for opinions and answers. Thanks in anticipation, Please mods, help me move this to the front-page.
Cc: FarmTech, Pavore9.

Welldone... That is a good step towards a nice investment. If you can input SuperGro Organic Liquid Fertilizer as the fertilizer to be applied on your farm, you will be getting better farm yield. And it is very economical as it's highly concentrated, and saves farmers' money.

You can check the link below to have more knowledge of the Wonderful Fertilizer :

https://www.nairaland.com/5734467/supergro-organic-liquid-fertilizer-super

(1) (Reply)

Swollen Abdomen Of A Broiler From Dbest Chicks Company In Ibadan / Potassium Nitrate For Sale / Argus Gt Rocking...who Wants One?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.