Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,040 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Covid 19 In Enugu - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Covid 19 In Enugu (562 Views)

FDA Authorizes Pfizer Pill To Treat COVID-19 In Major Advance / NCDC Reacts To News That There Are 472 Confirmed Cases Of COVID-19 In Nigeria / My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Covid 19 In Enugu by Evanspaul(m): 7:02pm On Mar 25, 2020
I came back from school yesterday due to covid 19 break and ASUU strike and what I observed in Enugu where I reside is very disheartening.
It's like nothing is going on in the country or they didn't know.
I spoked to a hawker that sell things around where I live about the virus and she said it is not real that it's the government trying to embezzle wealth through it. That it doesn't affect blacks. The worst part of it, is that most people laugh at those who wear face mask and use hand sanitizers. I was like ignorance is very bad.
Some where saying that God will save them(without any work).
Face mask that used to be N50 is now N300, even hand sanitizer have increased, that's if you don't get the fake one. I don't know if that's why don't believe it's real.
Nothing like social distancing, school still runs (although they said they will close before the week ends), churches operates well, markets still open. Everything here is going as before. I just pray that the virus doesn't enter here, because it will be very terrible.
Enugu State is in the hands of God.

Re: Covid 19 In Enugu by ursullalinda(f): 7:04pm On Mar 25, 2020
Went to the market today and I was shocked they still drag people the way they usually do......was asking them if they are not aware of the virus........and they were even asking for a drop of hand sanitizer each time I bring out mine to use.......Only God can save us from this virus because we are so unprepared.
Re: Covid 19 In Enugu by HarunaWest(m): 7:09pm On Mar 25, 2020
That's Nigerians for you. Until water don pass garri they won't care..When wahala shekels now, we will start blaming Buhari for a problem that we had a role to play in.
Meanwhile, My annoyance is with the people that see the plague as an opportunity to make money. May they reap the fruits of their labour. Instead of humanity first, theirs is to hike cost of goods just to make Haram profit...God bless Nigeria
Re: Covid 19 In Enugu by Evanspaul(m): 7:12pm On Mar 25, 2020
ursullalinda:
Went to the market today and I was shocked they still drag people the way they usually do......was asking them if they are not aware of the virus........and they were even asking for a drop of hand sanitizer each time I bring out mine to use.......Only God can save us from this virus because we are so unprepared.

Asin eh
Not prepared at all.
People are joking about it.
I just pray it doesn't come down here, cos what we like is curing, prevention is not our thing

1 Like

Re: Covid 19 In Enugu by Evanspaul(m): 7:14pm On Mar 25, 2020
HarunaWest:
That's Nigerians for you. Until water don pass garri they won't care..When wahala shekels now, we will start blaming Buhari for a problem that we had a role to play in.
Meanwhile, My annoyance is with the people that see the plague as an opportunity to make money. May they reap the fruits of their labour. Instead of humanity first, theirs is to hike cost of goods just to make Haram profit...God bless Nigeria
That's Nigerians for you
Any opportunity to make money we dive into it.
No one care how others are affected
Re: Covid 19 In Enugu by ikbnice(m): 7:18pm On Mar 25, 2020
Some people are always responsible for their own misfortune. Unfortunately, they will cause havoc in other people's life too. This is what Italy did and they regretted it bitterly.
Re: Covid 19 In Enugu by Evanspaul(m): 7:23pm On Mar 25, 2020
ikbnice:
Some people are always responsible for their own misfortune. Unfortunately, they will cause havoc in other people's life too. This is what Italy did and they regretted it bitterly.
I pray we won't face the same thing

(1) (Reply)

We Are In A Deep Mess / Covid-19 Figures: Chinese Miracle??? / How To Easily Calculate Your Ovulation Period And Menstrual Cycle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.