Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,897 members, 7,844,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

COVID-19: Fayemi Urges Governors, Aides At NGF Meeting To Go For Test - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / COVID-19: Fayemi Urges Governors, Aides At NGF Meeting To Go For Test (220 Views)

Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Fayemi Urges CAN To Evolve A Charter Of Demands / Supreme Court Victory: Eleka Congratulates Fayemi, Urges Him To Rule Without Bit / Flash! All The Pdp Governors Aides And Senators In Gombe Decamped To Apc Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19: Fayemi Urges Governors, Aides At NGF Meeting To Go For Test by Godspower35(m): 11:58pm On Mar 25, 2020
The President of the Nigerian Governors Forum (NGF) and the Governor of Ekiti, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, have beseeched their fellow Governors and all who attended the NGF meetings on Wednesday, March 18 to be tested.

Fayemi, who is currently in isolation and awaiting his COVID-19 test result, gave the advice in a statement issued by Abdulrazaque Bello-Barkindo, Chief, Media and Public Affairs of the NGF Secretariat, in Abuja on Wednesday.

Fayemi implored his fellow governors and everyone who attended the meetings on Wednesday, March 18 and other subsequent meetings to follow the precautionary path and do whatever it takes to detect the virus and isolate himself.
These, according to him, include the personal assistants of those governors, to ensure that the spread of the disease remains at its lowest point in the country.

"Along the same line, he calls on all Nigerians who attended functions, in which at least one person positively identified with COVID - 19, to immediately isolate themselves and present themselves to the NCDC for identification and testing.

“Hiding from the public and self-treatment puts the entire public at risk. We all must do our part to stop the spread of this highly infectious disease.

“The infection with the COVID -19 virus is treatable. The sooner you identify yourself, the better.

“The President wants everyone with COVID-19 in Nigeria and around the world to make a full recovery. For all those who lost their lives, may their souls rest in peace. "

Fayemi said the test became essential after attending a series of meetings with some people who tested positive for COVID -19.

He chaired the Forum meeting on March 18 and also addressed an audience who attended an exclusive breakfast between governors and the World Bank the following day, Thursday, March 19.

In both cases, people attended who finally turned out to be positive carriers of the Coronavirus.

Subsequently, the President of NGF attended the meeting of the National Economic Council and the meeting of Governors of the Congress of All Progressives (APC), in which the same people or others positively identified with the COVID-19 virus participated.

In a tweet Wednesday morning, the President said: "I just took a test for Covid-19, having been through self-isolation since last night.

"I am asymptomatic and I feel good, but I was in meetings with two people who have since tested positive. I hope everything is clear and I have encouraged all my colleagues to take the exam. JKF."

The NGF President has been at the forefront of advocating for strict adherence to protocols that help mitigate the spread of the new virus.

He has advised all NGF staff and their families, particularly those whose duties included secretarial services at meetings, to isolate themselves.

Fayemi said this should be done in accordance with existing procedures and regulations already outlined to ensure public safety and to attempt testing whenever or wherever possible.

The Governor urged all Nigerians to heed the government's stay-at-home order unless it is an essential duty.
Source:
https://gistforbes..com/2020/03/covid-19-fayemi-urges-governors-aides.html#more
[img]https://1.bp..com/-HpOahobbAME/Xnve5X8mYcI/AAAAAAAADkE/XJJNoonWBNg--JsZiRvXicEEDn5EmnHzQCLcBGAsYHQ/s320/Fayemi.png[/img]

cc : Lalasticlala, dominique, Sissy3
Re: COVID-19: Fayemi Urges Governors, Aides At NGF Meeting To Go For Test by 1960TECH(m): 11:59pm On Mar 25, 2020
Owk
Re: COVID-19: Fayemi Urges Governors, Aides At NGF Meeting To Go For Test by yarimo(m): 2:10am On Mar 26, 2020
cheifpress please avail yourself to NCDC

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19: Lagos To Fumigate Public Spaces & Surfaces / Delta State To Close All Borders / Covid-19: Five New Cases Confirmed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.