Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

Is Spending N16M On A 3-Year Ph.D In The UK Worth It? - Education (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is Spending N16M On A 3-Year Ph.D In The UK Worth It? (53861 Views)

Result Controversy: ‘It’s Unfair, Not My Fault’, Mmesoma Says On JAMB 3-Year Ban / NSE Rewards 2020 Best JAMB Engineering Candidates With N16m (Photos) / Anambra University Lecturer Appears In Ph.d Class As ‘Transgender’ (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Spending N16M On A 3-Year Ph.D In The UK Worth It? by sexylassie2(f): 8:11pm On Mar 28, 2020
Bolognese:
Yes I applied for the Graduate Civil Engineering role with DPR, I even applied for the just concluded NNPC Graduate entry role because I don't have working experience, I did that because I know how long the recruitment takes...

You can drop me a mail and i'll send you copies of all my award letters, not like I need you to believe me, it doesn't change nada!

ok... but to get ptdf phd scholarships, you must be in academia and teaching in oil and gas related disciplines;

you are not in acedemia

so how did you get your ptdf phd scholarship.
Re: Is Spending N16M On A 3-Year Ph.D In The UK Worth It? by Bolognese: 8:20pm On Mar 28, 2020
You must not be in Academia...

If you’re a lecturer or in oil and gas, it improves your chances.

I had other academic awards, a good Waec and a good grade from my first degree so I guess that’s what helped.

PS: see attached.

sexylassie2:

ok... but to get ptdf phd scholarships, you must be in academia and teaching in oil and gas related disciplines;

you are not in acedemia

so how did you get your ptdf phd scholarship.
Re: Is Spending N16M On A 3-Year Ph.D In The UK Worth It? by sexylassie2(f): 8:27pm On Mar 28, 2020
Bolognese:

I had other academic awards, a good Waec and a good grade from my first degree so I guess that’s what helped.

good, you need to think about academia,no go waste you talent ooh
Re: Is Spending N16M On A 3-Year Ph.D In The UK Worth It? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Mar 28, 2020
You don win
Case closed
Bolognese:

Re: Is Spending N16M On A 3-Year Ph.D In The UK Worth It? by EmekusTHEgreat(m): 9:49am On Apr 08, 2020
Op80:

Very true. They reject them like mad. Last year alone, I know about 5persons their study visas we're rejected after spending a huge amounts

That's a shame, which country did they try afterwards, I hear Northern Ireland is the place to be right now
Re: Is Spending N16M On A 3-Year Ph.D In The UK Worth It? by Op80: 11:21am On Apr 08, 2020
EmekusTHEgreat:

That's a shame, which country did they try afterwards, I hear Northern Ireland is the place to be right now

Non for now. They have to recoup the huge money they lost throughout the process. It isn't a joke
Re: Is Spending N16M On A 3-Year Ph.D In The UK Worth It? by EmekusTHEgreat(m): 11:25am On Apr 08, 2020
Op80:

Non for now. They have to recoup the huge money they lost throughout the process. It isn't a joke

Wow. That is really sad.
Re: Is Spending N16M On A 3-Year Ph.D In The UK Worth It? by ExpertNLer: 4:55pm On Apr 08, 2020
You and CzarChris have been spot on with your analysis, some people don't know what they're talking about and think people make up figures
Bolognese:

Re: Is Spending N16M On A 3-Year Ph.D In The UK Worth It? by evidenceconfirm: 4:47pm On May 15, 2020
Hello, please for the PTDF OSS UK PhD scholarship. I need some info. Do you need to have secured admission yourself to UK university and course before the interview. OR Ptdf would place you their partner universities and course. Thanks
Re: Is Spending N16M On A 3-Year Ph.D In The UK Worth It? by evidenceconfirm: 4:52pm On May 15, 2020
Hello, Please I need some information about the PTDF OSS UK PhD scholarship. Do you need to have secured admission into Uk university and course before the interview date. OR Ptdf will place you into their partner university and course. Thanks

Bolognese:

Re: Is Spending N16M On A 3-Year Ph.D In The UK Worth It? by Memonaija: 1:14am On May 16, 2020
You or Someone you know will need this SCHOLARSHIP opportunity

Free University Scholarship

https://www.memonaija.com/2020/05/adb-scholarships-at-university-of.html
Re: Is Spending N16M On A 3-Year Ph.D In The UK Worth It? by Mekas2016(m): 11:50pm On May 22, 2020
I stumbled over your quote very late.
Now let me clarify my claims.
My relative imported goods worth over 120million naira from China and after selling the goods, He tried to change Naira back to dollar to order for a new consignment but due to the inconsistent rate He encountered a huge loss and was losing 1.5m on every 100k dollars.

During the post election crisis in 2011, A friend lost all his investments in the North as all the goods in the warehouse worth 600millon was burnt.
Trust Nigerian government no compensation!

Here in Ireland some hotels pay as much as 12.30euros per hour for kitchen porters and thats 5,166 naira per hour in Nigeria.
5,166*8 hours a day is about 41k a day multiply it by 5days a week its about 205,000k multiply by 4weeks a month. You are having about 820k.

Here in Europe, As long as you have residency, You can apply for free accommodation and social welfare if you are not working.

In Nigeria a billionaire can fall from grace to grass without any help from the government.

Where is all Abiola's wealth today?
What is happening to Jimoh Ibrahim and Nilcon Hotels.
Globacom has moved its headquarters to ��.
All the textile companies in Nigeria where are they today?

You can borrow as much 20k euros in loan with friendly installment payments as long as you are working and have a good credit rating.
I was a millionaire in Nigeria before I moved here.
I am taking from experience. Take care

quote author=niyogeol post=87779169]Take it easy man. At the bolded above, how can a KP earn almost #800k which is about £1600 a month without labouring beyond normal; especially given that study visa has work restrictions during school term? What is the the minimum wage? How many hours a week does/will the person work? Let us be realistic here and stop painting non existing mosaic.

Again, how do you compare someone having €100 in Europe to someone having #100m in Nigeria? Are you for real? Nigeria is not perfect regarding structure and functionality as a country but don't overreach on your assumptions. #100m is about £200,000! Please note that not everyone on this forum is ignorant or uneducated or perhaps not well travelled.[/quote]
Re: Is Spending N16M On A 3-Year Ph.D In The UK Worth It? by Mekas2016(m): 11:52pm On May 22, 2020
Mekas2016:
I stumbled over your quote very late.
Now let me clarify my claims.
My relative imported goods worth over 120million naira from China and after selling the goods, He tried to change Naira back to dollar to order for a new consignment but due to the inconsistent rate He encountered a huge loss and was losing 1.5m on every 100k dollars.

During the post election crisis in 2011, A friend lost all his investments in the North as all the goods in the warehouse worth 600millon was burnt.
Trust Nigerian government no compensation!

Here in Ireland some hotels pay as much as 12.30euros per hour for kitchen porters and thats 5,166 naira per hour in Nigeria.
5,166*8 hours a day is about 41k a day multiply it by 5days a week its about 205,000k multiply by 4weeks a month. You are having about 820k.

Here in Europe, As long as you have residency, You can apply for free accommodation and social welfare if you are not working.

In Nigeria a billionaire can fall from grace to grass without any help from the government.

Where is all Abiola's wealth today?
What is happening to Jimoh Ibrahim and Nilcon Hotels.
Globacom has moved its headquarters to ��.
All the textile companies in Nigeria where are they today?
N. B WHEN I SAID KP EARNS ABOUT 800K. IT IS DURING THE HOLIDAYS, SOME EVEN EARN MORE WHEN YOU ADD OVER TIME.

You can borrow as much 20k euros in loan with friendly installment payments as long as you are working and have a good credit rating.
I was a millionaire in Nigeria before I moved here.
I am taking from experience. Take care

quote author=niyogeol post=87779169]Take it easy man. At the bolded above, how can a KP earn almost #800k which is about £1600 a month without labouring beyond normal; especially given that study visa has work restrictions during school term? What is the the minimum wage? How many hours a week does/will the person work? Let us be realistic here and stop painting non existing mosaic.

Again, how do you compare someone having €100 in Europe to someone having #100m in Nigeria? Are you for real? Nigeria is not perfect regarding structure and functionality as a country but don't overreach on your assumptions. #100m is about £200,000! Please note that not everyone on this forum is ignorant or uneducated or perhaps not well travelled.
Re: Is Spending N16M On A 3-Year Ph.D In The UK Worth It? by Hardlife: 11:06am On Jun 04, 2020
Re: Is Spending N16M On A 3-Year Ph.D In The UK Worth It? by 6june: 7:31pm On Jun 04, 2020
To start with, write out your personal vision statement or a 20 to 40 yr plan of what you plan to achieve in your life. Evaluate the importance of Phd in your plans. If there is need to hire an experts or your vision requires you to leverage on your academic achievements? Mind you, you will never have a strong conviction until you ignore pros and cons.

Vision is personal
Thanks
oba
Re: Is Spending N16M On A 3-Year Ph.D In The UK Worth It? by francescainnoce(f): 11:22am On Jun 05, 2020
What is your Facebook username? or kindly join aspayastudenthub Facebook Group, and identify yourself. so I can communicate with you.

Hardlife:

Hello, ma.

Long time.

I don't know if you still remember me

Hardlife, you once reached out to help me
against my gambling addiction

Safe to say, I am all over that now and I am doing
well in my academics.

I reached out to you on facebook those periods even till now, you never responded I guess you have been busy in the UK.

I want to ask if I can keep a close relationship with you ma as I want to leave this country immediately I finish my first degree to get certificates abroad
or work and I believe there's a lot I will learn from you. I sent you a friend request on facebook but you haven't accepted. I would love to join your aspaya student hub and ask your some career related questions about UK.

Thanks, I await your reply
Re: Is Spending N16M On A 3-Year Ph.D In The UK Worth It? by Hardlife: 9:45pm On Jun 05, 2020
francescainnoce:
What is your Facebook username? or kindly join aspayastudenthub Facebook Group, and identify yourself. so I can communicate with you.

Been following your group ever since. Sent you a friend request. my whatsapp number. I will pm you my facebook username, don't want to Put it out here please
Re: Is Spending N16M On A 3-Year Ph.D In The UK Worth It? by limo21: 6:18am On Jun 06, 2020
Is either u got your calculation wrong or u didn’t include other expenses like transportation, power, water as well as accommodation among other bills. A colleague of mine recently returned from UK where he bagged his PhD in Geology. He spent more than 16 million. The least amount u should be looking at is 25-30million. But except for personal reasons or for promotion to senior cadre in lecturing, u don’t need a PhD certificate as it will add little or no value in terms of remunerations or promotion in conventional public or private sector.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Female Students Of Ekiti University Recreate Korean School Mode Of Dressing.PICS / Funny!!-- See What This Lecturer Did Inside The Classroom - AIFCE / Single Rotor-Helicopter Built By 6 Students Of CRUTECH (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.