Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,761 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:51 PM

Post on Believers Demonstration of Love & Faith During an Ancient Plague - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Post on Believers Demonstration of Love & Faith During an Ancient Plague (143 Views)

Winners Chapel: We Have Received 36 Testimonies Of Healing Of Coronavirus Plague / Coronavirus: Pastor Poju Oyemade's 2019 Prophecy Of An Unstoppable Plague / Nigerian Mega-rich Pastors Living In Million Pound Homes Prey On Believers - UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Post on Believers Demonstration of Love & Faith During an Ancient Plague by OpenYourEyes1: 7:03am On Mar 26, 2020
The comment(below) was posted by Daejoyoung here:
https://www.nairaland.com/5593945/gods-word-truly-love
Whether it is true or not I don't know.

"Even the bible says if you don't love humans whom you see, how can you love God whom you do not see?
l keep telling people, the religion of jesus is not mainly about dogma or doctrines, it is about active service that may even require your life, that is what even the cross is mainly about.
ln ancient Rome during the 3rd and 4th Century just before Constantine made christianity the official religion of the empire, there were two great plagues in the empire that was estimated to have killed 5000 people per day, the plague was contagious and of course for fear of this, people separated from one another.
Historian Rodney Stark, tells us that many died in the Empire from that plague, but the Christians did not fear death, they became nurses and offered help to the weak in society not just the wealthy. They offered treatment and took on themselves the diseases of both fellow Christians and pagans, and many Christians gave up their lives for these in the process, but the care and support they showed also ensured that many people survived, so that the number of people who died where Christians lived, were significantly less than at the rest of the Roman Empire. Also at this time, there was mass conversion to christianity because of this, soon the Empire became a Christian state after Constantine's supposed vision, and we have christianity till this day.
This is why jesus said..
By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples if ye have love for one another ( not specifically by your dogmas and doctrines).
The commandment is a new one because this love requires the giving up of all, the denial of oneself, and even death.
Christianity is not as easy as we have made it to become, especially after Rome adopted it as the political and state religion.
Re: Post on Believers Demonstration of Love & Faith During an Ancient Plague by Blakjewelry(m): 7:38am On Mar 26, 2020
This is what I have been trying to point out people. Out break like this common throughout history and man has always survived why are people acting as if it something new. Also the attitude of the Christian folks is plainly annoying. You see cast the spirit of the virus, you see talk about the world is coming to end. Listen to adult giving senseless talk about how a men of God has said the virus will be over by March. I wonder how any sensible person who truly understands the Bible can attend church in Nigeria and retain his sanity

(1) (Reply)

God's Principles / Islamic Cleric And His Followers Chanting "No Corona" / Please It's Important I Know This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.