Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,822 members, 7,862,711 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:02 AM

Ignorance Is A Killer (1) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ignorance Is A Killer (1) (687 Views)

"Killer Tortoise" Found In A Bag Of Rice (Photo) / Anti-tithe Arguments are Motivated By Selfishness And Ignorance / Ignorance Is A Killer (3) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ignorance Is A Killer (1) by PastorAde: 10:43am On Dec 28, 2010
[center]Ignorance Is a Killer (1)[/center]

My people are destroyed from lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I also reject you as my priests; because you have ignored the law of your God, I also will ignore your children (Hosea 4: 6).

And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God (2 Corinthians 4: 3-4).

Now this is eternal life: that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent (John 17: 3).

To the Jews who had believed in Him, Jesus said, “If you hold on to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” (John 8: 31-32).

Ignorance is simply defined as lacking knowledge. God says in the first passage above that His people are destroyed from lack of knowledge. This is the major cause of man’s problem in the world today. This lack of knowledge does not stem from a shortage of information, but rather from information rejected. There are three types of knowledge you must have in order not to be destroyed. First, is the knowledge of God. Second, is the knowledge of satan. Third, is the knowledge of you (man or woman). In this writing, we shall deal with the knowledge of God.

The gospel of Jesus Christ is the good news of how God sent Jesus into the world to save mankind from the effect of the fall of Adam, the first of men. The gospel tells us about how Jesus came; died on the cross; shed His blood, His burial, His resurrection, and ascension back to heaven. The gospel proclaims to us that as many as believe in Jesus and call upon Him will be saved from their sins and obtain eternal life. What the devil does is to blind men’s eyes from seeing this truth in order to be enlightened. I pray that the veil of ignorance and deceit be destroyed in your life in Jesus’ Name, Amen.

In the third passage above, eternal life is defined as knowing God, the only true God and Jesus Christ whom He has sent. If you don’t know God and Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior you have no eternal life. What you have is eternal death. I pray that will not be your portion in Jesus’ Name, Amen. But how can you know God and Jesus Christ whom He has sent? The Bible says: for “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved” How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent? (Romans 10: 13-15a). I have been sent to preach the gospel to you so that you can hear and believe and then call on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ so that you can be saved. Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved (Acts 4:12). You can only be saved and have eternal life through Jesus Christ.

This gospel is coming to you so that you will not be ignorant of the truth. Ignorance is a killer. Jesus told the Jews that believed in Him, “If you hold on to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” When you know the truth, the truth sets you free from ignorance that can kill you. When you know the truth, you can now decide whether to accept or reject the truth. But what is the truth? The truth is a person and that person Jesus Christ. He said, “I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me” (John 14: 6). Will you call on the name of the Lord Jesus and be saved? Will you accept the truth and be set free? If so, pray this prayer out loud: Lord Jesus, come into my heart, wash away my sins. I confess you as my Lord and Savior in Jesus’ Name, Amen.

For prayers and counseling, write, call or e-mail: Prevailing Word & Prayer Ministries Inc. P.O. Box 11875, Garki, Abuja, Nigeria. Tel. 2348033155417. E-mail: josey500@yahoo.com
Re: Ignorance Is A Killer (1) by Jenwitemi(m): 3:17pm On Dec 28, 2010
^^^^You are the KILLER, pasito ade. You are the one spreading ignorance all about in the name of your adopted religion. You are the agent of Ignorance, The Killer.

(1) (Reply)

Christian Soliders, Stay Loyal Like Daniel / The Holy Spirit’s Presence / Boko Haram Claim Yesteraday Abuja Bomb Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.