Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,638 members, 7,955,322 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:43 PM

Trial Of Coronavirus Vaccine Underway As Participants Get First Dose. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Trial Of Coronavirus Vaccine Underway As Participants Get First Dose. (283 Views)

U.s.a President Elect Received His First Dose Of Coronavirus Vaccine / Participants Intaken Mind Internship Should Please Post Their Experience Here / No December Break | MMM Admins Tells Nigeria Participants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trial Of Coronavirus Vaccine Underway As Participants Get First Dose. by Brosbeforehoes: 8:45am On Mar 26, 2020
A coronavirus vaccine trial in the United State, US, has given a dose to its first participant. The study aims to enroll a total of 45 healthy adults over a six-week time frame.

Each will receive two injections about a month apart in varying doses, the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases says.

The study, which is a Phase I trial, is meant to establish that the vaccine is safe and induces a desired response from participants’ immune systems.

Proving that the vaccine is effective in preventing COVID-19 infection, however, will require follow-up studies involving many more participants – which will take many more months, experts say.

“Finding a safe and effective vaccine to prevent infection with [the novel coronavirus] is an urgent public health priority,” NIAID Director Dr Anthony Fauci said in a statement.

“This Phase I study, launched in record speed, is an important first step toward achieving that goal.”

The trial is funded by NIAID and run out of the Kaiser Permanente Washington Health Research Institute in Seattle.

The vaccine, which uses genetic material called messenger RNA, was developed by NIAID scientists in collaboration with the biotech company Moderna.

The agency has credited the speed with which it began a Phase I trial to its prior studies on related coronaviruses SARS and MERS. Scientists had previously worked on an experimental MERS vaccine targeting a protein on the virus’ surface, which gave them a “head start for developing a vaccine candidate to protect against COVID-19”, the statement said.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/03/trial-of-coronavirus-vaccine-underway-as-participants-get-first-dose/amp/
Re: Trial Of Coronavirus Vaccine Underway As Participants Get First Dose. by Markzuka: 8:47am On Mar 26, 2020
I pray it works

Meanwhile, I will design an International Standard Dropshipping website + 5 Hot Sell Product + Free Domain (.com.ng) + SEO for just 5k.Check my Signature for contact.
Re: Trial Of Coronavirus Vaccine Underway As Participants Get First Dose. by dawnomike(m): 8:47am On Mar 26, 2020
This is really a long road to redemption
Re: Trial Of Coronavirus Vaccine Underway As Participants Get First Dose. by Nobody: 8:49am On Mar 26, 2020
Its happening Freedom is here But before them see this vacine make he do small damage for 9ja politicians
Re: Trial Of Coronavirus Vaccine Underway As Participants Get First Dose. by Nobody: 8:50am On Mar 26, 2020
It's not yet time. The virus haven't completed the job they deployed it for. Until then make we stay safe
Re: Trial Of Coronavirus Vaccine Underway As Participants Get First Dose. by Queenyprinxex(f): 8:52am On Mar 26, 2020
This will def come in handy.
Re: Trial Of Coronavirus Vaccine Underway As Participants Get First Dose. by Giamem(m): 8:55am On Mar 26, 2020
I wish them success, the virus has done enough damage.

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Money Online Fast And Reliable - Gflow Affiliate Network / Check Out Top Nigeria Newspaper Headlines For Today, Saturday April 4th, 2020 / Total Lockdown In Kwara State Against Corona... From Friday 6pm.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.