Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,382 members, 7,812,123 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:40 AM

Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu Is Dead? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu Is Dead? (6424 Views)

Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-ojukwu's 82nd Posthumous Birthday Is Today! / Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu / Biography Of Chief Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu Is Dead? by vorosmartm(m): 4:17pm On Dec 28, 2010
I'm still at work so cant put on a TV to confirm, can anyone please confirm if its true or not. I heard he gave up early this morning
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu Is Dead? by lagbaja20: 4:24pm On Dec 28, 2010
Good riddance
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu Is Dead? by OchiAgha2(m): 4:28pm On Dec 28, 2010
He is not dead and he is doing fine. Now stop with these rumors. Do not post anything about this man unless it is from a credible news agency. Thank you and good bye.
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu Is Dead? by vorosmartm(m): 4:36pm On Dec 28, 2010
Ochi_Agha:

He is not dead and he is doing fine. Now stop with these rumors. Do not post anything about this man unless it is from a credible news agency. Thank you and good bye.
Oya come cut my neck, by the way are you in the same hospital with him for you to know he's doing fine? Just asking because I'm concerned as you
lagbaja20:

Good riddance
Just want to know if he's dead or gone
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu Is Dead? by oderemo(m): 5:10pm On Dec 28, 2010
Y dont u guy respect the man wishes,its jan the 13th he promised to go.
Just wait. Ngbanu.
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu Is Dead? by udezue(m): 6:16pm On Dec 28, 2010
I beg go rest.

Lagbaja, wetin be ur own?
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu Is Dead? by mamagee3(f): 6:20pm On Dec 28, 2010
Rumour mongering is bad for you!

Ojukwu is alive and well in a U.K. hospital, makes me wonder those of you spreading all these rumours would gain anything from his death.
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu Is Dead? by udezue(m): 6:37pm On Dec 28, 2010
mama-gee:

Rumour mongering is bad for you!

Ojukwu is alive and well in a U.K. hospital, makes me wonder those of you spreading all these rumours would gain anything from his death.

GBAM
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu Is Dead? by Pifa: 8:03pm On Dec 28, 2010
He was responding to treatment, according to the last piece of news I read about his condition. It's likely that he will suffer some permanent speech impediment and/or diminished motor skills. These are common after a stroke, although I hope he will escape those and that his intellectual skills will remain unaffected.

Question for those of you living in Lagos: Does Mr. Ojukwu have a street named after him in the state? If no street is named after him, then the government of Lagos should rectify this oversight with urgency. He is certainly more deserving of such recognition than many of the semi-literate generals whose names adorn the streets of Lagos and some of the state's infrastructure.
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu Is Dead? by aljharem11(m): 8:14pm On Dec 28, 2010
Pifa:

He was responding to treatment, according to the last piece of news I read about his condition. It's likely that he will suffer some permanent speech impediment and/or diminished motor skills. These are common after a stroke, although I hope he will escape those and that his intellectual skills will remain unaffected.

Question for those of you living in Lagos: Does Mr. Ojukwu have a street named after him in the state? If no street is named after him, then the government of Lagos should rectify this oversight with urgency. He is certainly more deserving of such recognition than many of the semi-literate generals whose names adorn the streets of Lagos and some of the state's infrastructure.

i think u are going crazy angry angry angry is the lagos he bombed that a street should be named after undecided
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu Is Dead? by Pifa: 8:46pm On Dec 28, 2010
No, I am not going crazy at all. I see Mr. Ojukwu as a citizen whose principled actions Nigerians should respect: He was the only one to ever fight for what he believed. That, to me, is worth emulating and is worth the recognition of having a street named after him. Can you say that about any of the semi-literate generals whose names adorn the streets of Lagos and some of the state’s infrastructure?

I’ve never hidden my admiration and respect for Mr. Ojukwu. I am sure he is not perfect; he has flaws just like all of us on earth. But it shouldn’t take away from his stature among Nigerian leaders.

And one more thing, mister: the civil war ended over three decades ago. You can remain glued to the inertia of the past, or you can free yourself and join the march toward the future.
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu Is Dead? by oderemo(m): 9:21pm On Dec 28, 2010
@y shld a street be named after ojukwu?i tot the new international airport in the east shld be named after awo, afterall he was more deserving? Dont u think so. '
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu Is Dead? by Pifa: 9:30pm On Dec 28, 2010
ode remo:

@y shld a street be named after ojukwu?i tot the new international airport in the east shld be named after awo, afterall he was more deserving? Dont u think so. '

I don't see why some infrastructure in the east could not be named after someone from another part of the country to honor him or her. Why are Nigerians so ethnically biased?

Are there not streets named after people of other ethnicities in Lagos? Why not one for Ojukwu?
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu Is Dead? by dempeople(m): 10:07pm On Dec 28, 2010
He's not dead but in a stable state, as corroborated by Anambra Governor Peter Obi. My friend is a Medical Doctor in the hospital that he's admitted in so, I get first hand info. concerning his state of health when I need it. Will notify you guys of any developments.
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu Is Dead? by Pifa: 10:19pm On Dec 28, 2010
dem_people:

He's not dead but in a stable state, as corroborated by Anambra Governor Peter Obi. My friend is a Medical Doctor in the hospital that he is working in so, I get first hand info. concerning his state of health when I need it. Will notify you guys of any developments.

Thanks very much for the update. If you can, please post updates about his recovery. I have a good deal of respect for this man.
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu Is Dead? by dayokanu(m): 10:36pm On Dec 28, 2010
Are there no more streets in Onitsha or Aba to name after Ojukwu that you want a street in lagos?

The street that would have been named after him was unfortunately bombed by Biafra jets
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu Is Dead? by OchiAgha2(m): 10:38pm On Dec 28, 2010
Change Murtala Mohammed International Airport to Chukwuemak Ojukwu International Airport. lol grin
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu Is Dead? by buzugee(m): 10:41pm On Dec 28, 2010
i have being doing my own brainstorming about ojukwu and any man that wants to divide a country forcibly so that 'his people' can get a slice is a very possessive and deranged lunatic. but i am sure he has grown up from his wild days and has realized the error of his ways
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu Is Dead? by buzugee(m): 10:42pm On Dec 28, 2010
Ochi_Agha:

Change Murtala Mohammed International Airport to Chukwuemak Ojukwu International Airport. lol grin
we will be very happy to change airport hotel ikeja to chukwuemeka ojukwu hotel but thats the best we are offering at this point in time. thats a generous offer grin
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu Is Dead? by buzugee(m): 10:46pm On Dec 28, 2010
we can throw in the alade market on allen avenue just for good measure. from henceforth, it shall be known as odumegwu ojukwu market grin
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu Is Dead? by dayokanu(m): 10:49pm On Dec 28, 2010
buzugee:

we will be very happy to change airport hotel ikeja to chukwuemeka ojukwu hotel but thats the best we are offering at this point in time. thats a generous offer grin

Do you know Lagos Airport Hotel is one of Oodua conglomerate one of the Legacies of Awolowo? How would an Oodua company be named after Ojukwu?

buzugee:

we can throw in the alade market on allen avenue just for good measure. from henceforth, it shall be known as odumegwu ojukwu market grin

What do you think Mr Alade would say about this?

The airport in Enugu should be named after him or even every street in the SE
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu Is Dead? by buzugee(m): 10:52pm On Dec 28, 2010
dayokanu:

Do you know Lagos Airport Hotel is one of Oodua conglomerate one of the Legacies of Awolowo? How would an Oodua company be named after Ojukwu?

What do you think Mr Alade would say about this?

The airport in Enugu should be named after him or even every street in the SE
i guess ojukwu is outta luck then. tell you what, how about we name felas shrine after him ? after-all they were both radicals. 'odumegwu shrine' kinda has a good ring to it dont you think ?
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu Is Dead? by buzugee(m): 10:54pm On Dec 28, 2010
dayokanu when am getting my infitashaun for xmas shicken ? grin
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu Is Dead? by dayokanu(m): 10:56pm On Dec 28, 2010
Buzugee,

Fela Anikulapo Kuti built a shrine for himself and would definitely not want it named after any body.

What of Kuramo beach? Ayilara/Empire? They are institutions that can be named after any dead person and they are still yet to be taken.

Your xmas sikin escaped where we tied it.
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu Is Dead? by buzugee(m): 10:58pm On Dec 28, 2010
dayokanu:

Buzugee,

Fela Anikulapo Kuti built a shrine for himself and would definitely not want it named after any body.

What of Kuramo beach? Ayilara/Empire? They are institutions that can be named after any dead person and they are still yet to be taken.

Your xmas sikin escaped where we tied it.
  grin grin grin grin grin from henceforth, that schikens name is ben johnson

i am quite partial to kuramo beach. from henceforth kuramo beach will be known as odumegwu beach. all the paperwork will be drawn up and signed by the appropriate authorities
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu Is Dead? by dayokanu(m): 11:02pm On Dec 28, 2010
buzugee:

grin grin grin grin grin from henceforth, that schikens name is ben johnson

i am quite partial to kuramo beach. from henceforth kuramo beach will be known as odumegwu beach.

But the ashawos and Igbo sellers that own the place might revolt. Maybe they can change the Nnamdi Azikwe Road or Ozumba Mbadiwe

or just call it Ozumba-Ojukwu Road, or Azikwe featuring Odimegwu road
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu Is Dead? by Eziachi: 11:06pm On Dec 28, 2010
dayokanu:

Are there no more streets in Onitsha or Aba to name after Ojukwu that you want a street in lagos?

The street that would have been named after him was unfortunately bombed by Biafra jets
I thought you said that Biafra had no weapon, they fought with sticks and bare hands and suddenly their jet bombed your village square. Always be consistent or try having telegraphic mind, so that you cannot forget previous poo poo's of the past.
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu Is Dead? by buzugee(m): 11:07pm On Dec 28, 2010
dayokanu:

But the ashawos and Igbo sellers that own the place might revolt. Maybe they can change the Nnamdi Azikwe Road or Ozumba Mbadiwe

or just call it Ozumba-Ojukwu Road, or Azikwe featuring Odimegwu road
grin grin grin grin grin i think i may have a solution that will appease all parties. what is it that every nigerian loves to eat ? peppersoup. right ? what better way to honor an upper crust and imposing personality like the ikemba than to name our favorite food after him ? so next time you go to peppersoup joint just say, 'madam can i have a bowl of odumegwu' ?
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu Is Dead? by Kilode1: 11:10pm On Dec 28, 2010
buzugee:

grin grin grin grin grin i think i may have a solution that will appease all parties. what is it that every nigerian loves to eat ? peppersoup. right ? what better way to honor an upper crust and imposing personality like the ikemba than to name our favorite food after him ? so next time you go to peppersoup joint just say, 'madam can i have a bowl of odumegwu' ?

ROFL
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu Is Dead? by dayokanu(m): 11:11pm On Dec 28, 2010
Eziachi:

I thought you said that Biafra had no weapon, they fought with sticks and bare hands and suddenly their jet bombed your village square. Always be consistent or try having telegraphic mind, so that you cannot forget previous poo poo's of the past.

Can you just dig out the posts which I said Biafra had no weapon?

Does ill-equipped = No weapon to you?

So If you take spears and Cock and shoot guns to war front, Can anyone say you dont have weapons

buzugee:

I think nowadays Nigerians love Paraga/Shekpe more than peppersoup. Nigerians also love sex. maybe you should think along those lines
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu Is Dead? by Eziachi: 11:12pm On Dec 28, 2010
Pifa:

I don't see why some infrastructure in the east could not be named after someone from another part of the country to honor him or her. Why are Nigerians so ethnically biased?

Are there not streets named after people of other ethnicities in Lagos? Why not one for Ojukwu?

You  are not wrong there and I don't mind any infrastructure in the east being named after anybody, but the problem being that, there are no single worthwhile federal infrastructure in the east, except the Owerri, Okigwe and Abakaliki prisons and they were actually built by the British. Do you want prison named after you?
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu Is Dead? by buzugee(m): 11:15pm On Dec 28, 2010
Kilode?!:

ROFL
just tryna honor a great man grin grin
dayokanu:

Can you just dig out the posts which I said Biafra had no weapon?

Does ill-equipped = No weapon to you?

So If you take spears and Cock and shoot guns to war front, Can anyone say you dont have weapons

I think nowadays Nigerians love Paraga/Shekpe more than peppersoup. Nigerians also love sex. maybe you should think along those lines
you are a hard man to please. grin grin ok we shall go with the 'shekpe'. 'madam can i have a glass of odumegwu'. kinda has a nice ring to it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

INEC Commissioner Suggest Five Parties For Nigeria / Earth Will Experience 6 Days Of Total Darkness December 2014!. Said By NASA / Last Facebook Post Of Corp Member Slain By Buhari's Supporters In 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.