Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,521 members, 7,823,250 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

COVID 19 - These Industries Are Recruiting - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / COVID 19 - These Industries Are Recruiting (5935 Views)

Apply For The Drury Industries Limited Fresh Job Recruitment (30 Positions) / WAEC Is Recruiting For Assistant Examinations Officer (audit) / Ecobank Nigeria Is Recruiting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID 19 - These Industries Are Recruiting by futuregovernor: 12:35pm On Mar 28, 2020
That guy is a scammer. be careful
Re: COVID 19 - These Industries Are Recruiting by Vasgas: 12:41pm On Mar 28, 2020
futuregovernor:
Which guy please?
Re: COVID 19 - These Industries Are Recruiting by emmyzy19(m): 1:29pm On Mar 28, 2020
[quote author=Vasgas post=87846164]
Screenshot would be better[/quote No problem sir]

Re: COVID 19 - These Industries Are Recruiting by Appswheel(m): 1:46pm On Mar 28, 2020
Vasgas:

Cover letters allows you to sell yourself to an employer, making him see what he stand to gain should he employ you.
I usually encourage Job seekers to send there CV along with a cover letter unless otherwise stated by the recruiting firm.
A CV without a cover letter is a naked CV.

" Summary "
Vasgas, its great to have you here.

I trust you are keeping safe. #StaySafe #StayatHome
Re: COVID 19 - These Industries Are Recruiting by Appswheel(m): 1:47pm On Mar 28, 2020
futuregovernor:
Whom do you refer to as a Scammer? Are you sure you are commenting on the right thread? and that you are not drunk?
Re: COVID 19 - These Industries Are Recruiting by emmyzy19(m): 2:14pm On Mar 28, 2020
Vasgas:

Screenshot would be better
No problem sir

Re: COVID 19 - These Industries Are Recruiting by Appswheel(m): 2:17pm On Mar 28, 2020
[quote author=emmyzy19 post=87848006][/quote]

Emmanuel Adams CV Review
Overall Score: 4/10

General Comment:
Your CV needs to be properly formatted.

Advice: If you do not have the skill, get a CV review service provider that can
help to format your CV. You will find individuals and organisations willing to do
so at a decent price, between N500-N1000. I can recommend a few.

Comments
-Adams should start with Capital letter (Heading)
-The spacing between your Name and the Phone number is too much
PHONE, Capitalize only the first Letter, 'Phone'.

-Your Career Objective is fuzzy.. Consider "I seek to work with an organisation
that would utilize my skills, reward hardwork and committment. I am resourceful,
innovative and seek to commit these attributes to the achievement of organisational goals

Work Experience
Atiku Abubakar Government......
-No need to Italicize your Employers name
-Capitalize 'S' in School
-Consider adding Achievement(s) under responsibilities

E.g Achievements
-itemize the things you have achieved in your role..
-Complete the teaching syllabus in line with school Curriculum
-Grade and record students assessment in time

Pauma Engineering Consultant
Capitalize "S" and "T" Side Technician.. do you mean to write Site/Field Technician?
-Add details of the major projects you have worked on, include details of what you did and
add achievements.

Education
No need for Italicize, you need to format the Education section properly.

Professional Societies should be on one line....

Thank you for the courage of sharing your CV in public space. I wish you the best in your endeavours

Re: COVID 19 - These Industries Are Recruiting by Appswheel(m): 2:21pm On Mar 28, 2020
Individuals and organisations that provide CV review services at moderate price (N500-N1000), pls get in here.

Share samples of your works.

I know that a lot of young graduates need help with their CV review.

Poorly written and formatted CV is the reason why a lot of individuals are not being shortlisted for interviews or job test (private recruiters).
Re: COVID 19 - These Industries Are Recruiting by emmyzy19(m): 2:27pm On Mar 28, 2020
Appswheel:

Emmanuel Adams CV Review
Overall Score: 4/10

General Comment:
Your CV needs to be properly formatted.

Advice: If you do not have the skill, get a CV review service provider that can
help to format your CV. You will find individuals and organiation willing to do
so at a decent price, between N500-N1000. I can recommend a few.

Comments
-Adams should start with Capital letter (Heading)
-The spacing between your Name and the Phone number is too much
PHONE, Capitalize only the first Letter, 'Phone'.

-Your Career Objective is fuzzy.. Consider "I seek to work with an organisation
that would utilize my skills, reward hardwork and committment. I am resourceful,
innovative and seek to commit these attributes to the achievement of organisational goals

Work Experience
Atiku Abubakar Government......
-No need to Italicize your Employers name
-Capitalize 'S' in School
-Considering adding Achievement(s) under responsibilities

E.g Achievements
-itemize the things you have achieved in your role..
-Complete the teaching syllabus in line with School Curriculum
-Record grade and record students assessment in record time

Pauma Engineering Consultant
Capitalize "S" and "T" Side Technician.. do you mean to write
Site Technician?
-Add details of the major projects you have worked on, include details of what you did and
add achievements.

Education
No need for Italicize, you need to format the Education section properly.

Professional Societies should be on one line....

Thank you for the courage of sharing your CV in public space. I wish you the best in your endeavours
Thanks I really appreciate
Re: COVID 19 - These Industries Are Recruiting by Appswheel(m): 2:28pm On Mar 28, 2020
emmyzy19:
Thanks I really appreciate
Thank you too!
Re: COVID 19 - These Industries Are Recruiting by Vasgas: 4:51pm On Mar 28, 2020
emmyzy19:
No problem sir
Appswheel has point out some major points. make sure you work on it.
I will just add a little.

1. Formatting
Your CV is not well structure.

2. Mail
use professional mail that has your name and surname such like Emmanueladams1@gmail

3.Career objective
it's your biggest selling point and one of the places a recruiter will read before deciding to continue or drop it in a trash bin.
yours is dry.

4. Education
Name of institution, year of graduation with degree earned is okay.
no need for institution address.

5.Hobbies are not that important unless stated otherwise and if you must put it please remove all those watching movie's, playing games, singing.

6. Experience
work on it.

Finally, I usually tell my clients that your CV and cover letter will either close or open doors for you.
it your first point of contact with your potential employer.

my token.

1 Like

Re: COVID 19 - These Industries Are Recruiting by Appswheel(m): 5:38am On Mar 29, 2020
Vasgas:

1. Formatting

2. Mail
use professional mail that has your name and surname such like Emmanueladams1@gmail

3.Career objective
it's your biggest selling point and one of the places a recruiter will read before deciding to continue or drop it in a trash bin.
yours is dry.

4. Education

5.Hobbies are not that important unless stated otherwise and if you must put it please remove all those watching movie's, playing games, singing.

6. Experience
work on it.

Finally, I usually tell my clients that your CV and cover letter will either close or open doors for you.

my token.
Wow. This is more than a token.. Welldone. We should connect beyond NL.

What do you do?
Re: COVID 19 - These Industries Are Recruiting by Appswheel(m): 5:41am On Mar 29, 2020
(2017) I attempted to write a series story of my Job search experience with the aim of guiding young graduates seeking employment... I ended up writing only an introduction and one Episode.... Let me share with you, you may find it interesting....
Re: COVID 19 - These Industries Are Recruiting by Appswheel(m): 5:50am On Mar 29, 2020
Published: 2017

Note: The the names in the story are not realnames, except for the author.

INTRODUCING THE MEMOIR OF A JOB SEEKER

Sitting before the interview panel, Tobi glanced at the faces behind the oval conference table. He counted 7 faces. While trying to recall all the interview rules he practiced the night before, he wondered why seven people had to interview him for a graduate trainee position. More so, he was an undergraduate in his final year.

“Can we meet you?” requested the lead interviewer. Tobi began his response, “My name is Tobi, I am the last child of my family, and I am from Kabba in Kogi State. I like bread and beans with passion, I love burnt beans too…” his confidence began to melt when he read the faces of his interviewers, some struggling to keep a ‘serious’ look, others trying to conceal their amusement. It was his first interview. He will later find out that, “Can we meet you”, is an opportunity to market oneself.

I have worked with 3 organisations; Hyperlink Technologies Ltd, Globacom Nigeria (as Contract Staff) and Japaul Oil and Maritime Services Plc. In the course of my job search, I garnered firsthand interview experience which I’d now share with you. I’d be sharing the highs and lows, the fun, frustration and high spirit that characterize job search.

The Memoir of a Job Seeker series is meant to enlighten, inform, entertain and prepare you for the interviews you will attend in the near and distant future. The accounts are a mix of real life experience, research and fiction.

After submitting several job applications and not being invited for interviews, many applicants begin to worry. Some wonder if they are under a spell or a victim of bad luck. These job seekers lose sleep and weight in an attempt to figure out why they are not always lucky.

If you fit the description above, be assured that nothing is wrong with your personality. Your seeming lack of luck maybe as a result of salient factors, these factors will be addressed in the course of this series.

The Memoir of a job Seeker will be published monthly from February 2017

Re: COVID 19 - These Industries Are Recruiting by Appswheel(m): 5:53am On Mar 29, 2020
Published: February 2017

The Memoir of a Job Seeker – Part One

“How far BabT, are you set for the Lagos trip” queried Johnson. “Lagos…” I mused, “What is happening in Lagos?” He clarified, “You are one of those shortlisted for a job test with Ariosh”. Ariosh is a Lagos based Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Installation (EPCI) Company that has a yearly tradition of testing and interviewing the top 10 final year undergraduates from the Faculty of Engineering, University of Ilorin, Nigeria; specifically from Mechanical, Electrical and Civil Engineering Departments. It is said that one of the founders is an alumnus of University of Ilorin.

The job test notice was within a short period, the list was pasted on a Thursday and the test scheduled for Saturday. I reached out to one of my course mate who was selected for the test. “Hi Greg, don’t you think we should all set out for Lagos in the same bus?” Greg one of the analytical minds my class boasts of, responded frankly, “BabT, what if there is an accident? I weigh issues from two sides, the positive and the negative” he continued, “let us find our way to Lagos individually”. Still desiring to travel with at least one of my course mates, I approached Clement who confirmed that he sets out for his trips first thing in the morning when the road was less busy, his preference was at variance with my traveling philosophy – all that matters when I travel is safe arrival, the time of arrival is of less importance.

Later that evening, I bought a “my clear bag”, prepared and printed my CV and packed my bag. I looked forward to the Lagos trip and hoped that my Industrial Training experience with International Energy Services Ltd (IESL) will give me an edge. My Industrial Training experience got me hungry for the corporate world. I was counting days to become a graduate. The Ariosh prospect was a welcomed development. Here is what my Industrial Training looked like.

INDUSTRIAL TRAINING
INTERNATIONAL ENERGY SERVICES LTD – IESL (June 2008 – Dec 2008)

On my first day at IESL branch office at Plot 1661 Oyin Jolayemi Street, Victoria Island, Lagos, I was dressed in a white T-shirt and blue baggy jean. While waiting at the reception to complete the required formalities, I watched smartly dressed men and women use the exit. My T-shirt, Afro hair and Baggy jean which were ‘acceptable’ norm within the campus stood me out. This development saw me overhaul my wardrobe.

IESL offered me a firsthand work experience. The resumption time was 7am; all employees are expected to be punctual irrespective of their residential location. I lived in Lekki, getting to work early was not a challenge, motorcycles (Okada) were not out of bound at the time.

Before reporting to the Mechanical Department of IESL, I was selected to attend a 2 weeks training on Caesar II Software for pipe stress analysis. The training held at IESL Headquarters at No. 94 Awolowo Road, Ikoyi, Lagos. During the training, I had free breakfast and lunch and was paid training allowance. It came to me as a big deal, being fed and paid to attend training. If this is what being an employee is about, what was I still doing as an undergraduate?

Upon completion of the training, I was assigned a workstation and got on well with the mechanical department team. Being a multidisciplinary engineering company, I had a good experience of the interrelationship between the engineering disciplines – Process, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, and Instrumentation. I learnt to use AutoCAD Software for drafting, how to calculate duct sizes for HVAC installations on a rig and how to interpret engineering drawings.

On a personal note, I began learning Hypertext Markup Language (HTML), it signaled the beginning to my web development background, The Mechanical engineering lead ones mistook me for a ‘Yahoo-Yahoo’ protégé given the time I spent on the computer and the undivided attention I committed to it.

I learnt that the company was owned by Dr. Fawibe, an economist who favoured training his staff not minding the possibility of them leaving the company for another one offering higher pay. Read more about my Industrial Training experience on my eduportal – www..com

TOWER ALUMINIUM

My second Industrial training experience was with Tower Aluminium, a foremost aluminium products company in Nigeria and West Africa. A family friend introduced me to his friend who gave me a note to the Human Resource Manager. On my visit to the Human Resource Manager, she handed me a plain A4 paper and requested me to write an application letter. I completed the application in no time, her face lightened as she read the application. I could sense she was impressed. Looking away from the application she said, “Are you aware we do not pay allowance to Industrial trainee students?” I hid my disappointment behind a faint smile and replied, “Yes ma”. She continued “You can resume at our Oregun factory next week”.

On my first day at Tower Aluminium Oregun factory, I reported to the Human Resource Manager who introduced me to the Head of Operations. My experience at Tower Aluminium was a contrast to IESL. The factory is a large building with about 5 offices – the head of operations, Human resource Manager, the medical officer, the Quality Control office and Store. The main building was an open space with machines, production lines and factory workers stationed at various points along the production line. There is a mechanical workshop where worn out equipment parts are machined and repaired.

I walked round the factory with my Samsung Camera phone recording and observing the pot and Kettle manufacturing processes. The factory workers were diligent in their work and spoke in hush tone. They mistook my identity as an inspector who was taking note of their performance. It was a huge relief when they found out that I was an Industrial Trainee.

The Mechanical Workshop was integral to the production process, fabrication of machine parts were carried out at the workshop. The head of the Workshop never liked me; a development attributable to the Human Resource Manager oversight of not introducing me to the Mechanical Workshop team. He took the omission as a slight to his office and made me suffer for an offence I did not commit. This cost me valuable experience. He related with me like a foreigner, my attempts to win him over were futile.

His Assistant, Baba Ibeji (Father of Twins) as he was popularly called, liked me. He lectured me on workshop practices and introduced the workshop tools, their names, sizes and functions. He taught me how to use a pipe wrench for threading. During a practical session, I broke a pipe wrench; the incidence marked an end to my practicals at the Mechanical Workshop.

I met and became friends with Abiodun, a fair complexioned, slim and hardworking factory worker, our discussion revealed that he was studying Economics at the University of Lagos and used the monies gotten from the factory to sponsor his education. He worked on the punching machine, used to punch holes on pots at the point where the handles are riveted.

One word that stood out at the factory was SAFETY. I recall reading a notice on the factory wall that outlined compensation for operators who lose their fingers to the Press Machine. Throughout my Industrial Training period, I observed the Press Machine from a distance. No amount was worth my body part. I heard accounts of operators who lost their thumbs to absent-mindedness while operating the press machine.

Having had two contrasting work experience with International Energy Services Ltd and Tower Aluminium, I was eager to join the world of work, my dream was to work with an Engineering firm like International Energy Services Ltd.

LAGOS TRIP

I left Ilorin for Lagos around 1pm; coincidentally I traveled in the same bus with Greg. He had an Engineering Math text as companion. He tried to get me to join him in studying, “BabT, what is the velocity of…” I declined with tact, “Abeg leave me joor. I am not in the mood to task my brain for the velocity a plane traveled. Why should an oil serving firm ask such question?” He continued with his studies.

I was ‘entertained’ during the journey by supposedly love birds whose relationship went sour during the trip. At a point, the guy forcefully seized the girl’s phone and flung it out of the Bus. Both of them tore at each other, the driver had to pull over to calm their nerves.

I arrived Ojota, Lagos by 6pm and made for Bode Thomas where I passed the Night….

To be continued in March 2017

Re: COVID 19 - These Industries Are Recruiting by Vasgas: 8:17am On Mar 29, 2020
Appswheel:

Wow. This is more than a token.. Welldone. We should connect beyond NL.

What do you do?
CV expert
Laptop software and Hardware Engineer

I have sent you a PM.
Re: COVID 19 - These Industries Are Recruiting by emmyzy19(m): 11:44am On Mar 29, 2020
Vasgas:

1. Formatting

2. Mail

3.Career objective
yours is dry.

4. Education

6. Experience
work on it.

my token.
I appreciate sir
Re: COVID 19 - These Industries Are Recruiting by eboy540(m): 4:28pm On Mar 29, 2020
Boss in the house
At present situation what will you advice 400l student of tertiary institutions to do
Can I send the image of my skills presentation because I don't know what to call it sir...
Re: COVID 19 - These Industries Are Recruiting by Appswheel(m): 8:03pm On Mar 30, 2020
Workshop Manager Vacancy

Naborhood Auto Mechanic Workshop in Magodo area of Lagos requires the service of a Workshop Manager whose primary role is to ensure that car diagnosis are properly done, clients work given deserved attention and completed on schedule.

The ideal candidate:
-Mechanical Engineer by training.
-Knowledge about Automobiles would be an advantage.

Interested persons should contact 07052193183 on WhatsApp.
Re: COVID 19 - These Industries Are Recruiting by Appswheel(m): 8:06pm On Mar 30, 2020
eboy540:
Boss in the house
At present situation what will you advice 400l student of tertiary institutions to do
Can I send the image of my skills presentation because I don't know what to call it sir...

Hello eBoy which course are you studying?
What skills do you have?
What are your interests?
You have a career goal yet?

Kindly answer above questions. Your answer will form the basis of my response.
Re: COVID 19 - These Industries Are Recruiting by Appswheel(m): 8:09pm On Mar 30, 2020
Vasgas:

CV expert
Laptop software and Hardware Engineer

I have sent you a PM.
Great. Interested Graduates should PM Vasgas. Pls don't charge more than N500-N1000

I have not been receiving the PMs sent here. Send a WhatsApp Chat to the contact at my signature.

You are in Lagos?
Re: COVID 19 - These Industries Are Recruiting by Vasgas: 8:51pm On Mar 30, 2020
Appswheel:

Great. Interested Graduates should PM Vasgas. Pls don't charge more than N500-N1000

I have not been receiving the PMs sent here. Send a WhatsApp Chat to the contact at my signature.

You are in Lagos?
No.
How do I locate your signature?
Re: COVID 19 - These Industries Are Recruiting by eboy540(m): 1:47am On Mar 31, 2020
Appswheel:

Hello eBoy which course are you studying?
What skills do you have?
What are your interests?
You have a career goal yet?

Kindly answer above questions. Your answer will form the basis of my response.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hJsSwYIJLVhFlpXqA3TCLaNYmtdrzilG/view?usp=sharing
thats my link
it will answer all your question
Re: COVID 19 - These Industries Are Recruiting by tiana111(f): 8:19am On Mar 31, 2020
please am also in need of a job, am a certified food safety auditor, with GMP and HACCP. I studied microbiology and have experience in food industry as well as pharmaceutical industry.i am in search of a position as a food auditor, supervisor or as a quality control personnel or officer.
this the first page of my cv

Re: COVID 19 - These Industries Are Recruiting by Vasgas: 8:54am On Mar 31, 2020
Job Searching

There are 3 basic stages of Job searching, one stage lead to another, inability to effectively understand each of these stages will lead to a futile Job Searching experience.

1.Finding Enough vacancies to apply for...
If you are stuck at stage one and not finding enough jobs to apply for, then take your time to register with job site's that post about latest vacancies. There a lot of them, they include but not limited to jobberman, myjobmag, justjob etc.

Although some time location would affect your inability to find enough vacancies. so you should be able to relocate to where your expertise will be required.

2.CV formating
If you are not stuck at stage one then what about stage 2.
CV formating is all about how well structured is your CV.
Does it communicate your competencies and knowledge in the best possible ways?
CVs and cover letters are your first point of contact with your potential employers, it goes a long way to determined whether you will be called up for an interview.
Review your CVs.
Always learn how to tailor your CV to a particular job. Avoid using generic Cvs for job applications.

3.The final stage is your interview skills.
You might not have issues with your CV formating but you notice that after series of job interviews you have attended what later drop in your mail is "Sorry you are not the best fit candidate for this Job".

Work on your interviews skills.
Don't just write your expertise on your CV but be able to defend them and give examples of where you have utilize them before.
Learn how to negotiate when it comes to your salary.
Learn how to properly introduce yourself.
Avoid getting to the interview late etc.
Re: COVID 19 - These Industries Are Recruiting by Vasgas: 11:32am On Mar 31, 2020
tiana111:
please am also in need of a job, am a certified food safety auditor, with GMP and HACCP. I studied microbiology and have experience in food industry as well as pharmaceutical industry.i am in search of a position as a food auditor, supervisor or as a quality control personnel or officer.
this the first page of my cv

Instead of using objective consider using Personal summary or Professional summary.

Consider using this
An ambitious microbiologist with a proven track record of exceeding goals and achieving high client satisfaction. Seeking to leverage my skills and competencies in providing top quality services with quantifiable outcome.

Experience
make use of action verbs
Take note of the inconsistencies in your use of past tense, present tense and past participle.

Mail
consider using a professional mail

picture
Not necessary unless you are instructed.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pls Help Me Verify This job Agency Address In Uk / NIMASA Aptitude Test Is On-going - Share Your Experience / First City Monument Bank (FCMB) Is Accepting CVs In Nigeria, 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.