Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,853 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

Choosing Between Toyota Year Model For Transportation - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Choosing Between Toyota Year Model For Transportation (1941 Views)

SIENNA; Which Year Model Is The Most Rugged & Easiest To Maintain? Pls Advice / Best Cars For Transportation Business In Nigeria / From Which Corolla Year Model Upward Is Free From Burglars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Choosing Between Toyota Year Model For Transportation by SmartGate09: 7:11am On Mar 27, 2020
Good day all,

I'm currently planning to start a transportation company to run from Benin city to Abuja using Toyota sienna, and starting small with about 4 vehicles.

Please I need advice from drivers, transporters and mechanics on which year model to choose ranging from 2004model to 2008 model that will be best suited for the business with reasons.
Your contributions will be highly appreciated.

I don't know if this is the right section but mod you can help move to the right section if not.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Choosing Between Toyota Year Model For Transportation by nurey(m): 4:08pm On Mar 27, 2020
SmartGate09:
Good day all,

I'm currently planning to start a transportation company to run from Benin city to Abuja using Toyota sienna, and starting small with about 4 vehicles.

Please I need advice from drivers, transporters and mechanics on which year model to choose ranging from 2004model to 2008 model that will be best suited for the business with reasons.

I don't know if this is the right section but mod you can help move to the right section if not.

Thanks in advance.

07 and 08 with the 3.5L V6 2GR engine FWD CE or LE having the small seat at the middle in the second row.

Reasons
04 to 06 have 3.3L V6 3MZ which does not have a better fuel economy as the 3.5L

The 3.5L is also more powerful and popular in several current Toyota lineup.

FWD has better fuel economy than AWD and the suspension parts are cheaper.

CE and LE mostly have the small seat in the 2nd row so no need to fabricate or buy new one, they also come in FWD and don't have option of run flat tyres without spare so you won't be changing tyre for the units you buy.

CE comes in fabric seat and non tinted glass with roof rack optional

LE may come in leather with roof rack and rear tinted glass with some having power sliding doors ND roof DVD

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Choosing Between Toyota Year Model For Transportation by SmartGate09: 6:01pm On Mar 27, 2020
nurey:

07 and 08 with the 3.5L V6 2GR engine FWD CE or LE having the small seat at the middle in the second row.

Reasons
04 to 06 have 3.3L V6 3MZ which does not have a better fuel economy as the 3.5L

The 3.5L is also more powerful and popular in several current Toyota lineup.

FWD has better fuel economy than AWD and the suspension parts are cheaper.

CE and LE mostly have the small seat in the 2nd row so no need to fabricate or buy new one, they also come in FWD and don't have option of run flat tyres without spare so you won't be changing tyre for the units you buy.

CE comes in fabric seat and non tinted glass with roof rack optional

LE may come in leather with roof rack and rear tinted glass with some having power sliding doors ND roof DVD

Thanks for your insight.
Since these engines have different capacities, which one will be more expensive incase of replacement.
Personally I will prefer the LE trim since the rear glass are tinted.
I'm also looking at the budget to buy and the 04 to 06 models seems to be far cheaper than the latest models.
Re: Choosing Between Toyota Year Model For Transportation by Bigdre31: 6:55pm On Mar 27, 2020
SmartGate09:
Good day all,

Thanks in advance.

OP I think 07 have a better or best fuel economy & advisable u go for CE 8 seater , it's d only trim with fabric interior , starting mine too soon , but strictly haulage ,
Re: Choosing Between Toyota Year Model For Transportation by nurey(m): 6:58pm On Mar 27, 2020
SmartGate09:

Thanks for your insight.
Since these engines have different capacities, which one will be more expensive incase of replacement.
Personally I will prefer the LE trim since the rear glass are tinted.
I'm also looking at the budget to buy and the 04 to 06 models seems to be far cheaper than the latest models.

You can buy the 04 to 06 with 3mz if that's what your budget can afford. It is a reliable engine too and cheaper to replace than 2GR
Re: Choosing Between Toyota Year Model For Transportation by SmartGate09: 8:04pm On Mar 27, 2020
nurey:

You can buy the 04 to 06 with 3mz if that's what your budget can afford. It is a reliable engine too and cheaper to replace than 2GR

Thanks alot
Re: Choosing Between Toyota Year Model For Transportation by ezioyi(m): 3:39am On Mar 28, 2020
Guys have you considered over heating the 3.5 is notorious for that. Better go for the 3.3 so as to avoid the wahala of constantly having to go for repairs on your cooling system.
Re: Choosing Between Toyota Year Model For Transportation by kuss: 9:10am On Mar 28, 2020
ezioyi:
Guys have you considered over heating the 3.5 is notorious for that. Better go for the 3.3 so as to avoid the wahala of constantly having to go for repairs on your cooling system.
Oga nurey is this true
Re: Choosing Between Toyota Year Model For Transportation by nurey(m): 9:39am On Mar 28, 2020
kuss:

Oga nurey is this true

Not true. What he Meant is that the 3.5L is aluminum engine and they don't do well when you let them overheat constantly. The 3.5L is a solid engine.
Avalon, highlander, Camry V6, lexus ES, sienna etc uses it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Choosing Between Toyota Year Model For Transportation by SmartGate09: 12:30pm On Mar 30, 2020
Thanks for the diverse opinions so far. My decision is tilted towards getting between 2004 and 2006 models because it seems cheaper to get, cheaper to replace engine parts as well.

More opinions is still welcome aha.

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Honda 2004/5: How To Fix A P2646 Rocker Arm Pressure Switch Fault / Clean Mazda Primacy 950k / Pre-order Any Car Of Choice From Germany (mobile.de - Germany Biggest)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.