Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,926 members, 7,810,558 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:06 AM

Trial Of A Nigerian Teenager.....help needed - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Trial Of A Nigerian Teenager.....help needed (407 Views)

Full Time House Help Needed In Lekki. / Urgent Advice/help Needed On Collecting My Salary From My Former Employer / Anambra Lawyer Slumps, Dies In Court Room During Trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trial Of A Nigerian Teenager.....help needed by afonjabreed(m): 8:35am On Mar 27, 2020
Hmmm
You done graduated from high school ,that feeling of excitement ,the feeling you're beginning to find a purpose in your life ,the feeling you're edging closer to fulfilling your dreams .A year later you sat for UTME ,the result came out and you did well ,if not so well at least you made the cut off of the institution of your choice. You gained admission into a higher institution which you have to pay a school fee almost rounding up to six figures ,that is after paying a very high amount as acceptance fee . Wow you couldn't contain the joy and excitement that comes with the matriculation gown you're wearing ,taking pictures, with the feeling that you've achieved if not yet but you're on he path, without knowing what life has in stock .
You couldn't stop dreaming about what you want to do to contribute to this world and how to make those dreams a reality. Semesters went by normally until you called home one day for assistance then you started getting excuses( I won't like to call it excuse but since I couldn't find a palatable synonym ,I'll have to) about not having to go round at home ,not having enough to take care of your siblings to the extent of having enough to spare, you had to adjust but some cost ,neglect some handouts even thigh they're important and you need them. Your whole expenses for a whole month isn't even up to 2k.
You started losing your focus ,essence and ambition ,all you think of is how to get by with the little you have.
Then later you got a call later that one of your parent fell sick and you had to go home to look after them based on the proximity of your home and school ,
life decided to take a full swing at you ,,after spending days at the hospital you later left home.
Then life takes a full swing at you. It's time to go back to school ,no money and you're even afraid to ask owing to the aftermath of all the unplanned medical bills.
The semester went by with your hopes getting slimmer everyday ,now it's the beginning of a new academic year, now you can't even afford to get just one study material ,tuition fees waiting to cleared a d deep down you know there is no hope unless a miracle happens.

If you've ever been in a similar like mine or any hard situation as a youth in your late teens or beyond ,as a student or not please share how you took control of the whole situation ,how you managed to get by, how you changed things in your favour , I could really use some advice because I'm loosing it right now
Re: Trial Of A Nigerian Teenager.....help needed by HRHQueenPhil(f): 10:57am On Mar 27, 2020
afonjabreed:
Hmmm
You done graduated from high school ,that feeling of excitement ,the feeling you're beginning to find a purpose in your life ,the feeling you're edging closer to fulfilling your dreams .A year later you sat for UTME ,the result came out and you did well ,if not so well at least you made the cut off of the institution of your choice. You gained admission into a higher institution which you have to pay a school fee almost rounding up to six figures ,that is after paying a very high amount as acceptance fee . Wow you couldn't contain the joy and excitement that comes with the matriculation gown you're wearing ,taking pictures, with the feeling that you've achieved if not yet but you're on he path, without knowing what life has in stock .
You couldn't stop dreaming about what you want to do to contribute to this world and how to make those dreams a reality. Semesters went by normally until you called home one day for assistance then you started getting excuses( I won't like to call it excuse but since I couldn't find a palatable synonym ,I'll have to) about not having to go round at home ,not having enough to take care of your siblings to the extent of having enough to spare, you had to adjust but some cost ,neglect some handouts even thigh they're important and you need them. Your whole expenses for a whole month isn't even up to 2k.
You started losing your focus ,essence and ambition ,all you think of is how to get by with the little you have.
Then later you got a call later that one of your parent fell sick and you had to go home to look after them based on the proximity of your home and school ,
life decided to take a full swing at you ,,after spending days at the hospital you later left home.
Then life takes a full swing at you. It's time to go back to school ,no money and you're even afraid to ask owing to the aftermath of all the unplanned medical bills.
The semester went by with your hopes getting slimmer everyday ,now it's the beginning of a new academic year, now you can't even afford to get just one study material ,tuition fees waiting to cleared a d deep down you know there is no hope unless a miracle happens.

If you've ever been in a similar like mine or any hard situation as a youth in your late teens or beyond ,as a student or not please share how you took control of the whole situation ,how you managed to get by, how you changed things in your favour , I could really use some advice because I'm loosing it right now.

Life is tough, there are.so many people that have overcome this phase of life.firstly give ur life to Christ...I know it may sound cliche but HE is the only one that can help.u. HE is the only one that can cause a human being to remember u and decide to bless u or favour u
So pls that shld.be ur first step in coming out of this crises
For me, the the teachings from Living faith church helped change and shape my mentality, I don't know about other churches but am.sure of that one.
Then, promise not to give up or carry a sad countenance everywhere u go..u will laugh at last
Re: Trial Of A Nigerian Teenager.....help needed by afonjabreed(m): 11:06am On Mar 27, 2020
HRHQueenPhil:

Life is tough, there are.so many people that have overcome this phase of life.firstly give ur life to Christ...I know it may sound cliche but HE is the only one that can help.u. HE is the only one that can cause a human being to remember u and decide to bless u or favour u
So pls that shld.be ur first step in coming out of this crises
For me, the the teachings from Living faith church helped change and shape my mentality, I don't know about other churches but am.sure of that one.
Then, promise not to give up or carry a sad countenance everywhere u go..u will laugh at last
thanks I really appreciate this
Re: Trial Of A Nigerian Teenager.....help needed by afonjabreed(m): 3:52pm On Mar 28, 2020
Bns
Re: Trial Of A Nigerian Teenager.....help needed by afonjabreed(m): 6:03pm On Mar 28, 2020
@

(1) (Reply)

Data Scientist Or A Software Developer/engineer? Which One Is More Promising? / Start A New Part-time Business/career / Inventory Management Staff Needed At Slashpay Nig LTD ( Abuja Only )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.