Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,020 members, 7,956,778 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:41 PM

Why You Should Know About Ali Sibat - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why You Should Know About Ali Sibat (3215 Views)

Motivational Quotes From Nouman Ali Khan / Kofi Anan Quoting From Nahjul-balagha In Praise Of Imam Ali's (as) Leadership / Why Islam Prohibits You From Eating Pork ~ 15 Things You Should Know About Pigs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Know About Ali Sibat by illusion2: 7:54pm On Dec 28, 2010
[center]A Victim of Saudi Arabia's Irreligious Police
Why You Should Know About Ali Sibat
By RANNIE AMIRI
[/center]

At the time of this writing, Ali Hussain Sibat is still alive.

It is unknown for how long he will be however, for he is set to be executed in Saudi Arabia at any moment for the undefined crime of practicing “sorcery” and “witchcraft.”

As Robert Fisk aptly penned, “Some stories from the Middle East make you want to weep. But this one is truly heart-breaking.”

The details of his case are rather simple: Ali Sibat (alternative spelling, Sbatt) is a poor, Lebanese Shia Muslim truck driver who went to the holy cities of Mecca and Medina in May 2008 to perform the minor pilgrimage, or umra. While in Medina, the Saudi Religious Police or mutawa’een, broke into his hotel room and arrested him for practicing “sorcery” (how they managed to track him down is beyond me). It seems Mr. Sibat once worked for a Lebanese satellite television station where he gave counsel and encouragement to troubled callers by “predicting” good things would happen to them.

After spending a year-and-half in jail, he was sentenced to death in a secret trial on Nov. 9. Yes, a Lebanese citizen, who once gave callers advice on a Lebanese television station in Lebanon, was given a death sentence while visiting Saudi Arabia. As Fisk again writes, “the story is almost too awful to relate because it should be untrue.”

His execution is set for today, December 10.

The fact he is a Shia Muslim certainly does not help his case in a country that is intolerant of them. The family wisely decided to call upon Lebanon’s Sunni leadership, including Prime Minister Saad Hariri – who holds Saudi citizenship – and the Grand Mufti, Sheikh Qabalan (who said Sibat committed no crime) to intervene.

Mr. Sibat, of course, was likely tortured during his long imprisonment. No lawyers were present during his sentencing, and in a country with no written penal code, his arbitrary arrest, incarceration and trial were dependent solely on the whims of the Religious Police and the presiding judge.

Amnesty International has urged Saudi King Abdullah to overturn the sentence and unconditionally release Sibat and another man (name unknown) convicted on similar charges.

Now that he is officially prime minister, Saad Hariri should spare not effort to secure the release of a fellow citizen set to be beheaded in Saudi Arabia.

God be with you Ali Hussain Sibat.
http://www.counterpunch.org/amiri12102009.html

Re: Why You Should Know About Ali Sibat by illusion2: 9:57am On Dec 29, 2010
Latest information is that he'll be deported.
Re: Why You Should Know About Ali Sibat by Lagosboy: 10:52am On Dec 29, 2010
Some news from this kingdom called Saudi always upsets me. I pray to God to grant us real and sincere leaders to be custodians of the blessed land and two holy masajids.
Re: Why You Should Know About Ali Sibat by illusion2: 3:59pm On Dec 29, 2010
Lagosboy:

Some news from this kingdom called Saudi always upsets me. I pray to God to grant us real and sincere leaders to be custodians of the blessed land and two holy masajids.
Ameen bro,Ameen
Re: Why You Should Know About Ali Sibat by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 29, 2010
@illusions,dnt ever write like a muslim ok,because youre not one,imagine,you saying Ameen,why dnt you say Amen like a xtian?
Re: Why You Should Know About Ali Sibat by azharuddin: 6:35pm On Dec 29, 2010
uplawal:

@illusions,dnt ever write like a muslim ok,because youre not one,imagine,you saying Ameen,why dnt you say Amen like a xtian?

No one can say for sure if Allah has not destined him to die as a Muslim.
Re: Why You Should Know About Ali Sibat by Nobody: 6:40pm On Dec 29, 2010
@Azaruddin,ofcourse i want him to die as a muslim,but i tell you,he is an hypocrite and an enemy to Islam,he and hymen,they attack Islam and abuse the Religion,so why should i not question him? i could remember some days ago,he was rubbishing Islam and inviting me to his yeye Unitarian Christianity
Re: Why You Should Know About Ali Sibat by azharuddin: 6:42pm On Dec 29, 2010
@uplawal
Patience sister, patience. Lets make dua they will turn to the path of Allah and also that we dont go astray from Allah's path.
Re: Why You Should Know About Ali Sibat by Nobody: 7:09pm On Dec 29, 2010
ok,insha Allah
Re: Why You Should Know About Ali Sibat by illusion2: 6:34am On Dec 30, 2010
uplawal:

@Azaruddin,ofcourse i want him to die as a muslim,but i tell you,he is an hypocrite and an enemy to Islam,he and hymen,they attack Islam and abuse the Religion,so why should i not question him? i could remember some days ago,he was rubbishing Islam and inviting me to his yeye Unitarian Christianity
uplawal,you are getting really agitated. why now? Astagfirullah !  smiley

I just wanted you to to see the light,I'm not Unitarian- I was just letting you know that if the Trinity(or Trinitarianism) was your main concern with Christianity,there are Christians who are Unitarians.

I can never become a muslim (Esin Imale  cheesy ),but I love and recognise the non-political side of Islam (prayer,fasting,taking care of the poor etc).

But when it comes to forcing women to shave their pubic hair I don't like that one  sad
Re: Why You Should Know About Ali Sibat by azharuddin: 9:08am On Dec 30, 2010
illusion2:

but I love and recognise the non-political side of Islam (prayer,fasting,taking care of the poor etc).

Believe me bro, that all being a muslim is all about. I ve been a muslim all my life, never even once the political stuff had come out of the newspapers to interfere in our lifes. I do agree there are religious fanatics but which religion does not have fanatics, there is a black sheep in every herd. But that doesnt change the truth of ISLAM. The time we spend here in this world is like 60secs compared to a lifetime. By the time we have a slight idea whats going on we will be dead. Shouldnt we try to please the Lord in that 60secs, and what more efficient way to please him than Islam.

About the hair thing, how do we know our friends/spouse are sincere? When they sacrifice something they love and listen to us (like missing their favorate tv show to hang out with us etc, ). Similarly we are required to sacrifice some things here in this world to please Allah. Even if we think there is no logic in something, Allahs knows everything, dont you think his logic will be far far superior than ours? Besides sacrificing something for 60secs for a lifetime of benifits makes perfect sense doesnt it.?
Re: Why You Should Know About Ali Sibat by illusion2: 5:21pm On Dec 30, 2010
azharuddin:

About the hair thing, how do we know our friends/spouse are sincere? When they sacrifice something they love and listen to us (like missing their favorate tv show to hang out with us etc, ). Similarly we are required to sacrifice some things here in this world to please Allah. Even if we think there is no logic in something, Allahs knows everything, dont you think his logic will be far far superior than ours? Besides sacrificing something for 60secs for a lifetime of benifits makes perfect sense doesnt it.?
So Allah wants women to shave their pubic hair undecided
Re: Why You Should Know About Ali Sibat by azharuddin: 5:32pm On Dec 30, 2010
Shaving pubic hair, armpit, cutting nails etc are part of sunnah. Not doing it is not forbidden but disliked.
Re: Why You Should Know About Ali Sibat by illusion2: 6:00pm On Dec 30, 2010
azharuddin:

Shaving pubic hair, armpit, cutting nails etc are part of sunnah. Not doing it is not forbidden but disliked.
Thanks for the clarification. Its important we do not link everything-including cultural practices to the Almighty. wink
Re: Why You Should Know About Ali Sibat by Nobody: 6:12pm On Dec 30, 2010
@Illusion,Muslims are the neatest people av ever seen,hate it,we dnt care,youre here rambling at shaving and cutting of nails,cant you reason that its hygienic to do all that,its for our health,and cleanliness is next to godliness.The prophet did that,and we do it cos hes our role model and example to follow
Re: Why You Should Know About Ali Sibat by illusion2: 11:07pm On Dec 30, 2010
uplawal:

@Illusion,Muslims are the neatest people av ever seen,hate it,we dnt care,youre here rambling at shaving and cutting of nails,cant you reason that its hygienic to do all that,its for our health,and cleanliness is next to godliness.The prophet did that,and we do it cos hes our role model and example to follow
@uplawal,I have no problems with nails. However pubic hair has nothing to do with 'neatness' or else we'd all shave the hair on our head.

I will stop exchanging comments with you from now on-now I know you have no hair down under. angry
Re: Why You Should Know About Ali Sibat by LagosShia: 11:17pm On Dec 30, 2010
i cant really recall exactly,but ive read somewhere (cant recall if that was a hadith or a fatwa) that a woman with hair that is the length of a grain of rice makes her prayers void.a woman is recommended to take proper care of herself by removing her hairs.
Re: Why You Should Know About Ali Sibat by Nobody: 11:37pm On Dec 30, 2010
@illusion,are you female or male?
Re: Why You Should Know About Ali Sibat by illusion2: 12:10am On Dec 31, 2010
uplawal:

@illusion,are you female or male?
Very funny
Re: Why You Should Know About Ali Sibat by Lagosboy: 2:40pm On Jan 01, 2011
illusion2:

I can never become a muslim (Esin Imale cheesy ),but I love and recognise the non-political side of Islam (prayer,fasting,taking care of the poor etc).

Never say Never buddie wink I have not given up on your case.
Re: Why You Should Know About Ali Sibat by illusion2: 3:56pm On Jan 01, 2011
True. . .One must never say NEVER.

Neither am I giving up on you [b]CROSS[/b]ing over wink

(1) (Reply)

Salafist Militants Destroying Islam's History In Africa / An Important Notice To The Muslim Ummah / Ramadan Journal For Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.