Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

An Important Notice To The Muslim Ummah - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / An Important Notice To The Muslim Ummah (3112 Views)

An Important Hadith For Husband-wife Relationship / 1 Ummah Present Peace & Unity Conventions 2016 Abuja Nigeria / How Successful Has The Muslim Singles Matching Service Been? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Important Notice To The Muslim Ummah by Ashabam(m): 3:39pm On Mar 22, 2016
***You Need not to be Told***

It is quite disheartening, the rate of current borrowing of airtime (credits) by Muslims from our service providers (MTN, GLO, AIRTEL, e.t.c).

Brothers and Sisters who fall victim of this give one or two flimsy excuses forgetting the astonishing punishment of ALLAH as its consequence.

WaLlahi, we have no excuse against what ALLAH (S.W.T) has instructed us on. What of if this service were not available, or were we not surviving before it was designed?

A compromise had been reached by consensus of scholars that it is an act of RIBAH (usury) because of the 10% INTEREST CHARGE LEVIED ON THE BORROWER and deducted from source.

This is a western plot to sink us (Muslims) down the depth of RIBAH.

Please, be removed and remove your friends and loved ones from this pool of sin by sharing this.

Don't keep waiting, start forwarding and get lots of reward from almighty ALLAH.
***You Need not to be Told***

It is quite disheartening, the rate of current borrowing of airtime (credits) by Muslims from our service providers (MTN, GLO, AIRTEL, e.t.c).

Brothers and Sisters who fall victim of this give one or two flimsy excuses forgetting the astonishing punishment of ALLAH as its consequence.

WaLlahi, we have no excuse against what ALLAH (S.W.T) has instructed us on. What of if this service were not available, or were we not surviving before it was designed?

A compromise had been reached by consensus of scholars that it is an act of RIBAH (usury) because of the 10% INTEREST CHARGE LEVIED ON THE BORROWER and deducted from source.

This is a western plot to sink us (Muslims) down the depth of RIBAH.

3 Likes

Re: An Important Notice To The Muslim Ummah by Nobody: 6:26pm On Mar 22, 2016
*sighs*

Ashabam

If I borrow 100, how much do I have to return?
Re: An Important Notice To The Muslim Ummah by Ashabam(m): 6:55am On Mar 23, 2016
daretodiffer:
*sighs*

Ashabam

If I borrow 100, how much do I have to return?
If you borrow 100 they will give you 90, that means you have paid 10% interest and when you want to pay back you pay 100. They will send you message notifying you on the interest and Islam totally for forbid taking or giving INTEREST.ALLAH KNOWS BEST.

3 Likes

Re: An Important Notice To The Muslim Ummah by Nobody: 8:01am On Mar 23, 2016
Ashabam:
If you borrow 100 they will give you 90, that means you have paid 10% interest and when you want to pay back you pay 100. They will send you message notifying you on the interest and Islam totally for forbid taking or giving INTEREST.ALLAH KNOWS BEST.
okay however this is not an a reason to make that unfounded claim.. They are not targeting Muslims or Islam.

You can stop at why it is haram.

1 Like

Re: An Important Notice To The Muslim Ummah by Nobody: 11:28am On Mar 24, 2016
sincerely speaking, i was about borrowing #500 this morning, then i thought about the policy, that i'ld have to pay 50naira as interest, which is nothing but riba, which is a punishable sin, so i had to leave it, may Allah grant us all understanding.

3 Likes

Re: An Important Notice To The Muslim Ummah by Empiree: 4:30pm On Mar 24, 2016
Why cant these service providers simply upgrade to monthly services with flat rates instead of prepaid. I am not aware of "borrowing" credit. That's awkward.

It is however easy if any of you have relative abroad. Your relative can simply refill your credit through www.telephonenigeria.com by entering phone number and clicking on appropriate provider. It will be credited in matter of minutes in nija.
Re: An Important Notice To The Muslim Ummah by BillzCarter(m): 11:22pm On Mar 24, 2016
By Allah, you mirrored my thought!
daretodiffer:
okay however this is not an a reason to make that unfounded claim.. They are not targeting Muslims or Islam.

You can stop at why it is haram.
Re: An Important Notice To The Muslim Ummah by Nobody: 11:46pm On Mar 24, 2016
BillzCarter:
By Allah, you mirrored my thought!

smiley
Re: An Important Notice To The Muslim Ummah by vonuseFUL: 3:14pm On Feb 21, 2018
As-salam alaykum brothers.

What you said there can't be called a Riba(usury) the way you come to think of it.

The money is deducted at the outset of the borrowing which is just a SERVICE OF PAYMENT. Just as the normal way we purchase airtime from stores/stalls (N100 airtime at the rate of N110).

MTN is the one issuing the sales, there serrvice fees is the N15 deducted. So, how is that a Riba ??

If the money is withdrawn or added up to the money one pays back, then it'll fall under Riba.

And some conditions have to be fulfilled to call it a Riba

Like;

* Paying another payment for over-time (i.e if the time of return is over). There is nothing like that or nothing like such agreement.

Allah knows best.

As-salaam alaykum
Re: An Important Notice To The Muslim Ummah by Nobody: 3:35pm On Feb 21, 2018
vonuseFUL:
As-salam alaykum brothers.

What you said there can't be called a Riba(usury) the way you come to think of it.

The money is deducted at the outset of the borrowing which is just a SERVICE OF PAYMENT. Just as the normal way we purchase airtime from stores/stalls (N100 airtime at the rate of N110).

MTN is the one issuing the sales, there serrvice fees is the N15 deducted. So, how is that a Riba ??

If the money is withdrawn or added up to the money one pays back, then it'll fall under Riba.

And some conditions have to be fulfilled to call it a Riba

Like;

* Paying another payment for over-time (i.e if the time of return is over). There is nothing like that or nothing like such agreement.

Allah knows best.

As-salaam alaykum

Flawed logic.......if you go to the store to buy 200 airtime, it will be sold for 210, 500 will be 510 and so on(although only mtn sells like this), but when borrowing is it the same?

1 Like

Re: An Important Notice To The Muslim Ummah by vonuseFUL: 8:39pm On Feb 21, 2018
AbdelKabir:

Flawed logic.......if you go to the store to buy 200 airtime, it will be sold for 210, 500 will be 510 and so on(although only mtn sells like this), but when borrowing is it the same?

If you're to buy N500 airtime, but you're told that there is N100 own only and you buy it at the rate of N550. What will you call that ??

Ok, to sum it up, tell me the fulfilment of Riba ?
Re: An Important Notice To The Muslim Ummah by Alennsar(f): 8:50pm On Feb 22, 2018
vonuseFUL:

If you're to buy N500 airtime, but you're told that there is N100 own only and you buy it at the rate of N550. What will you call that ??

I don't think dats. Possible anyway but in my place here all card sells for #100
Re: An Important Notice To The Muslim Ummah by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:43am On Feb 23, 2018
vonuseFUL:

Allaah has forbidden Rib'a and permitted trade! Please we need to learn the difference! Also there are types of Rib'a...
Re: An Important Notice To The Muslim Ummah by vonuseFUL: 9:38pm On Mar 21, 2018
As-salaam alaykum.

I have gone through more searches and questions concerning the topic and I have been convinced.

I mis-interpreted the meaning of Riba by not knowing its various forms earlier. So, I have taken back my words and at thesame time refuted my replies.

Jazakumullahu Khayran brothers in the DEEN.

As-salaam alaykum

1 Like

Re: An Important Notice To The Muslim Ummah by Bintdawood(f): 1:08am On Dec 03, 2023
🙌🙌
Re: An Important Notice To The Muslim Ummah by IamAtikulate: 2:23pm On Dec 03, 2023
Moslems and their wahala

They are even blaming the West.

😂😂😂

(1) (Reply)

I Am Disturb Masturbating As A Muslim,please Help / Understanding Islam And Muhammed Better - Sincere Questions To Muslims / Needs A Salaf Who Is Also A Professional Plumber

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.